What we can expect from Pikmin 3...

#1OathToOblivionPosted 10/12/2011 3:27:10 PM
Based on the differences between 1 & 2:

New Gameplay Mechanic! (No idea what it'll be...)
2 New Pikmin types! (with a secret third type that can only be used with the new gameplay mechanic)
2 new sprays!
3 playable Captains! (Because you only had Olimar & Louie/thePrez, not all at once)
New enemies related to some of the old ones! (is it bad that I want a Fiery Groink?)

Any other thoughts?
---
3DS wishlist: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, FF V/VI 3D(if it exists), Sonic Generations 3DS
^Notice all the 3D's
#2OoT_ExpertPosted 10/12/2011 3:45:50 PM
A Fiery Groink? So it would have all of the abilities a Gatling Groink has, and it'd be on fire as well so only reds, (and bulbmin, but those are only in holes,) could damage it? Well it would definitely be an interesting enemy, but as long as they're rare and have an amazing item that is entirely optional, then that'd be fine in my opinion. Although it would be a real challenge to say the least.
---
Check lrastart.org for details on our upcoming video game marathons (it's an L, not an i BTW). Come in and have fun.
#3marioman1154Posted 10/12/2011 7:11:43 PM
I don't think 1 sequel is enough to warrant a pattern >_> Still, we can only hope.
3 playable captains seems like a bit much, in my opinion.
---
Got it memorized?
"Now when you get a call saying 'Hey wanna go zip lining?', you don't turn it down." ~Crimson
#4ian2093Posted 10/18/2011 12:02:50 PM
If they have the option of three captains they're going to go ahead and have the option of four. I mean having a game just co-op is a little dated, but still manageable, but three, I dunno, I've never heard of a game to do that, and after a quick Google search I couldn't find anything. It's a lot like what they're doing in the new Kirby title, you have Kirby, Meta-Knight, and DeeDeeDee, and then they just threw in Waddle-Dee for the fourth player compatibility.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.