Strange Creatures, Cosmic Intervention, & Men in Blue and Red(SpAl)

#81Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 3:17:04 PM
*President*
After Olimar walked away, Louie was in no way pleased with me. <You fool!> he thought/screamed at me, more P.O.ed than Olimar locked in a room full of gays. (No offense to any male homosexuals--Olimar's just a rabid homophobic.) <What kind of stunt was that? Trying to get me distracted, then trying to pull some weird face? Pah! You know as well as I do that I'm not gonna leave until justice is paid!> <I-it's well paid, I-I swear...> I whispered, trying to make a point. Louie just scoffed.
<You have no idea, do you?> he asked rhetorically. <If criminals were allowed to choose their own sentences, then crime'd be crazy high!> <But I had no i-> My protest was cut off by a sudden burst of memories. Horrid ones. Ones that were sent by Louie. My communication was crippled. <St-stoooop!> I wailed, all the while knowing that my words were not heard. <S-s-somebody...p-please...help me...>
*Olimar*
As soon as we landed on Terazin, I leapt out of the Dolphin and ran as fast as my legs could carry me to the hospital where Mark and Jenny worked...researched...whatever it was they precisely did. The young Koopa secretary guided me to the lab where my children were. They were typing on computers, and they seemed to be on to something. I decided to ask.
"So, what are you doing?" The initial response was two swivel chairs spinning around and their occupants staring at me. "Shouldn't you be at work?" asked Mark. "I'm sorry," I said, "but there's a massive problem!" I explained to them what I'd seen-President acting EXTREMELY O-O-C, not to mention the face. "Bloody heck!" exclaimed Jenny. "Believe it or not, this concedes perfectly with our research!"
"Really? How so?" I inquired. "Well," explained Mark, "after your not-so-little outburst, we took standard procedure and performed an autopsy on Louie's body. However, we noticed that our scans indicated a large release of power having exited Louie's body at time of death." I pondered this for a few moments. "What could it possibly be?" I asked. "We don't know, at least not yet," responded Jenny.
Suddenly, a burst of light filled the room...
---
Please see this story of mine-you just might like it...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin/62307083
#82Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 5:12:16 PM
*Olimar*
At first, I was blinded by that light. However, I was able to blink it off. The moment that I was able to see again, I smiled. This was a face that I knew on sight--the fair-skinned, brown-haired, hazel-eyed human.
The one named Emmiline.
However, she was again in a new costume. She was in full doctor's uniform-pale blue shirt, jacket, and pants, with scrub feet. Upon her head sat a mirror much like the good Doctor's. She smiled a sweet smile. "Sorry for the sudden entrance," she laughed, "but I've got a few things to explain here." "What is it?!" eagerly inquired the lot of us. "Calm down, fellows. The thing is, the release of energy from Louie's body was his soul leaving." "Soul? You have to be kidding me!" yelled Mark. "I don't kid around," snapped Emmi. "It's real, and his soul is out there. But if you kids are able to invent something to capture a soul and another to revive them..."
"...then we could bring Louie back to life!" I exclaimed, bursting at the seams. "That's a 3 in a row," cackled Emmi. Then she became more serious. "However...remember what I said a while ago about spirits being able to possess people?" I nodded. "Well," lamented Emmi, "let's just say that for this, the terms 'spirit' and 'soul' are interchangeable!" Then she disappeared in another flash of light.
It took me a second for the horrible reality of the situation to dawn upon me. But then I realized that Louie was possessing President.
---
#83Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 4:34:11 PM
*Mark*
"No. No. Th-this cannot happen..." Dad was starting to freak, so Jenny and I kid-piled on top of him to keep him down. (Emmi coined that term. It's a combination of a glomp and a tackle.) Thankfully, his helmet was down; this exposed his neck. I pressed the injector end of an anesthetic dart (read: insta-knockout) against it, to warn him about what I could do. He shuddered, then calmed down. "*sigh* My apologies," he said. "But there has to be some way to remove Louie!" (Good thing that both of us kids knew our inferring skills.) "Wait!" yelped Jenny; she ran off to grab something on the shelf. Sensing a potential problem upcoming, I got off Dad's back to let him stand up. He did so, and while he was stretching out, Jenny came galloping back.
*Olimar*
"Sorry about that," she said. "But I have something that might be useful to us all." She held something that she'd invented earlier that day in her hands--what appeared to be a glass capsule about 2 inches in diameter combined with a needle-syringe. (That's the Hocotatian term for the object that you get vaccinations and the like with.) "I made this to harness the same kind of and the amount of energy that came out of Louie's body," she explained, "with a little extra for wiggle room. However," she continued (to my reassurance), "it will only get the energy that's controlling at the time, so President would be fine." She handed it to me, and I took it gratefully.
That night, as I lay in bed next to Anneretta, I took it out and looked at it. Tomorrow, I knew, pure justice would be served. And my brother would be freed.
---
#84Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 5:54:31 PM
*The following day...*
*Olimar*
When I hopped off the Dolphin in order to go inside the main Hocotate Freight building, I felt Jenny's invention in my side pocket. The previous night, I had dubbed it a soul-syringe due to its soul-containing ability and its needle-syringe look. Made sense enough. But the main question was, would it work at all? After all, Jenny was only 10 at the time...then again, I was only one year older when I built a very functional spaceship from scratch!
And yet...I could not refrain from pulling it out of my pocket and looking at it. It was a fine piece, one that could withstand a few shades more than the average needle-syringe. I thought of President, who needed to be freed. I thought of Louie, who was likely corrupted by the will of Darkness. A broad, perhaps even sadistic grin spread over my face. While revenge is best served cold, I thought, vindication and justice was to be served white-hot.
*President*
I hit my cranial wall and slumped against it. I tried to block out the barrage of horrible memories, but I couldn't. I felt my will beginning to crack. I started to wail, but Louie did not take kindly to it.
<Shut it!> shrieked Louie. <Your brother has asked 'you' into 'your' office, and 'you' said yes! So actual you SHUT UP!> I cowered somewhere far away from him, but as Fortune would have it, he was so focused on puppeteer my body that he sent no memories my way. So I took a peek. It was just Olimar and 'I', with Olimar acting normal enough--at least for him! <Get back,> growled Louie. <I'm just watching,> I protested. He was about to slay what was left of my soul, when Olimar jumped upon this body and pressed something very, very sharp to the back of its neck.
"Don't say a word, President," whispered Olimar with an almost cruel tone. "Or, dare I say it...*L*O*U*I*E*!" Louie was about to react, but then Olimar pushed the sharp object into the back of the neck. Suddenly, Louie shrieked at the top of his soul-lungs--<N-NNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!...>--and I collapsed to the floor. I flexed my fingers--of my own free will. I rolled over, again of my own accord. This was my body again, albeit one with sliced arms. (Louie was still like that...) I was in control.
So I allowed myself to cry tears of pure joy...
---
#85Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 12:03:03 PM
*Olimar*
As one might or might not expect, President began to cry a few moments after the syringe was used. (This was starting to become a trend.) Being brotherly, I propped him up in order to help him calm down--but instead, he hugged me, which caught me off guard. "Th-thank you, Olimar," he whispered. "Thank you so much...I-I'm free now...I-I can't thank you enough..." "Don't be silly," I laughed kindly. "We're brothers! We're family! You've thanked me plenty al-" Suddenly, I stopped. "Did you hear something?" I warily asked President. "Yeah..." he responded, shaken. "It came from that modified needle-syringe..." Indeed, it seemed that the soul-syringe that Louie had been captured in was shaking--as if Louie himself was trying to break out...I shuddered, then picked it up in order to investigate. At first, it seemed full of a sky-blue haze. But when I turned it a little, I noticed swirls of carbon-black swirling through it! "Oh-oh, ohhhh no..."
*President*
"W-what, what?" I asked, rushed as-is. Olimar turned towards me, fear in his eyes. "There's no time to explain!" he yelped. "We need to get to Terazin, stat!" Five seconds later I was being dragged across the floor by him--not like that's anything new. "Err, Captain," I said, "if you want a speedier ride, you could use my private ship, the Hammerhead..." "Hammerhead!Great! Where?!" I directed him to the particular area, and by the time we'd got there, he'd calmed down. "Alright, here he is." Olimar was talking about Hammerhead, which was quite an imposing ship...
---
#86Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 1:05:25 PM
*Note to All Readers*
If you have any questions that pertain to the series or for my ideas for it, feel free to PM me and ask. I will be happy to answer most questions. But don't spam me or flame me--that will result in a block or a report respectively. You wouldn't want that to happen to you, obviously.
---
#87Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 12:39:40 PM
*President*
"Come on, Olimar," I said. "This fella won't drive himself--well, he can, but I need to turn him on." "Understood!" smiled Olimar, climbing up Hammer's stairs. This left me to trudge after him. (I need one hell of an exercise regiment.) Once we were both in, I tossed Olimar the keys. "You drive. I can't." He rolled his eyes, then turned the ignition. Hammerhead's entire inside lit up like candles on a cake, and a series of beeps emanated from the command console. Suddenly, the lights turned from seafoam green to red! {Hi!} synthesized Hammerhead. {This is Hammerhead Model 1450! I have no idea who the **** you are! Only President is allowed to operate me!...Ok, that sounded kinda wrong, but ah well...Leave or be annihilated!} I noticed the camera that was focused on Olimar, when I realized that it wasn't JUST a camera--there was a built-in raygun!
"Stop!" I cried, jumping in front of it. I heard a slumping behind me, which I knew was Olimar fainting with relief. I turned to the camera. "Register him in the system as able to operate you," I panted. "That is my brother. He is much better at piloting than I am. I gave him the keys so he could drive you. Leave him alone. D-don't hurt him." There was an inquisitive beep from Hammerhead. {Huh. I didn't know you had a brother. Sorry about that whole fiasco, but it's to stop skeleton key-ers and hotwiring people. It's written in my code. I can't override it. Again, I'm sorry.} I smiled and shook my head. "It's fine. Just remember that from now on, OK?" There was a synth laugh, followed by {Of course! He's logged in my memory now, so as soon as he gets up again, we can go.} "I'm up!" yelped Olimar. "I'll drive! Explain it all later, we have a problem!" With that, Olimar kick-started Hammer into gear and set him straight to Terazin...
---
#88Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 12:39:42 PM
*President*
While Olimar was driving through space with Hammerhead, I realized that he had never told me why he'd freaked out in the first place. So I asked him, and he was fine with answering. "Simply put," said Olimar, "the onyx-black swirls in Louie's SSC--soul-syringe capsule--seemed reminiscent of corruption to me. I'm personally thinking that Darkness must have corrupted him and caused him to...well, caused him to do what he did." I didn't get a lick of that, so I forgot about it and waited until we landed.
When we did land, I jumped out--and ran straight into a tree. "Why the hell did you park in a wooded area?!" I yelled reflexively. "Because," laughed Olimar, "that's where the auto-park feature on Hammerhead parked it." He sighed. "There's got to be a fix for that bug, but unfortunately I do not know it. Tis a shame." {Well, excuse-MOI,} synthed Hammerhead, {but I learn as I go! And since I'm new, I don't have that much experience! So sue me!} I tilted my head in confusion. "How in the name of Emmiline can you sue an AI?" There was a groan, follow by a {Can't you understand figures of speech?} I groaned myself, then hightailed it towards Olimar, who was headed elsewhere...
---
#89Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2012 3:37:45 AM
*Captain Olimar*
I trekked through the underbrush and trees, carelessly brushing the more-than-occasional branch aside. I clutched what was at the time the most valuable physical item that I had-the soul-syringe containing Louie's soul. I shuddered at the implications...Suddenly, I heard a panting and heavy breathing behind me-the sort that comes from one who is not used to running. I smiled, for I already knew precisely who it was. "*pant, pant* Captain-bro-dude-Olimar--w-w-wait up!!" yelped my half-helpless brother. I slammed into brake, simultaneously slamming to the side in order to prevent my brother from slamming into me. Let's just say my instinct was right--he's got quite some momentum!
I do not kid--he stopped about 25 feet past my position, and his stopping involved his foot being hitched upon a tree root! (For those that are bad at inferring, that means he stopped once he tripped.) After all of that was said and done, I assisted him into standing position. He was grateful for the assistance. "T-th-thanks, Olimar," he smiled. That smile turned into an inquisitive frown. "But...where in the name of your wife are we going?" I shook my head gently, the sort that might spring out of you if you were taking care of a clueless child. "Strange as it sounds, we're visiting a certain hospital--one where Mark and Jenny are. And you ought to know why..." He knew--I'd called him after Louie called me one night.
I then frowned slightly. "Fate and fortune not assisting," I confessed, "we're going to have to walk about one mile. Of course, we could both use the exercise..." "Got that right," muttered President, looking disdainfully at the body those years had badly affected. He than looked at me. "Come on. Let's go."

(Sorry for the late update. Technical difficulties.)
---
#90Nimkip42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 1:15:26 PM
*President*
We trekked on foot to the hospital--and let's just say that it was not comfortable walking a mile in dress shoes. <Ehh, not a problem,> Emmi thought to me. <Hey--Ringo got blisters on his fingers, you can live with blisters on your feet, can't-cha President?> I had no idea who Ringo was, but I was used to Emmi thinking to me. She will talk your ear off when in physical form, she will think your train of thought off its tracks. It was a good distraction from the pain, though--we made it to the hospital about 10 minutes later.
From there, the secretary led Olimar and I to the medical lab. Olimar's kids both seemed very busy to me, so it seemed out of character for Olimar to disturb them--yet he did. "Oh, hey Dad!" exclaimed a very pleased Jenny. Then she turned to me and subsequently frowned. "Errm, are you--" "The actual President in control of this body?" I interrupted. "You got it on the head, Jenny; and it's because of your dad (AKA my brother!) and what I think might be your invention!" She smiled again, then turned to Olimar. "You got 'im?" she asked. "And is there anything abnormal happening with him?" added Mark, who had just joined in.
Olimar showed them the peculiar capsule. Their eyes popped out, and they seemed panicked. "Oh. No." whispered Jenny. "No frickin' way..." Mark snatched it out of his dad's hands, seeming afraid yet agitated. "We'll take this, thank ya' much," he growled, much to my brother's apparent surprise. Mark shoved it into a gadget that was obviously designed to hold such a capsule--and by now, the capsule had turned almost completely black, with the occasional wisp of sky-blue. Suddenly, a beep was heard, and the capsule turned clear--but a connected gadget started whirring away...
---