Just finished Pikmin 2 and...

#1Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/11/2012 2:56:57 PM
I got to say, I'm a little upset about the new rock pikmin. I mean, Pikmin are plant like, not rocks! I feel they should have made changes to purples and kept them somehow. Anyone else agree?
---
Everytime I find the key to success, someone changes the locks.
Tell me if you think Luigi should be president! Agreers: 47
#2Shane74340PlusPosted 8/11/2012 3:35:56 PM
Not that I hate Rockmin, I'm starting to agree with you. The Rockmin just ruins the whole concept of Pikmin being plants. And, how can a parasite infect a non-living rock into a living creature?

Hopefully Team Miyamoto didn't F-up the game any more. (I.E taking a decade to make Pikmin "right".)
#3Jack_the_monke7Posted 8/11/2012 5:54:21 PM
They are still plants they have the leaves. And purples are still in.
#4Sparx401Posted 8/12/2012 2:29:17 AM
You might as well complain about a centipede boss creature that has glass for armor.
---
Like LPs of somewhat obscure and not often-LP'ed games? Try me: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatDivTag
Currently: Zelda OoA / Bubsy: CEotFK
#5RennarPosted 8/12/2012 8:41:29 AM
Lol, the rock pikmin aren't rocks...xD it's basically a hard shell around hte pikmin that looks like a rock. Tons of creaures can take minerals from the environment (or produce them on their own) and produces protective plates or hard bits around them (that's how shells are made). For Rock pikmin, it's something slightly different; normal pikmin are absorbed by the slurking medusa (or whatever it's called) and caoted in hard minerals. Eventually they become rock pikmin (imagine a living pearl, but more rock-shaped). Rock pikmin are still very much organic; they simply have an inorganic shell.
#6Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 1:10:38 PM
Rennar posted...
Lol, the rock pikmin aren't rocks...xD it's basically a hard shell around hte pikmin that looks like a rock. Tons of creaures can take minerals from the environment (or produce them on their own) and produces protective plates or hard bits around them (that's how shells are made). For Rock pikmin, it's something slightly different; normal pikmin are absorbed by the slurking medusa (or whatever it's called) and caoted in hard minerals. Eventually they become rock pikmin (imagine a living pearl, but more rock-shaped). Rock pikmin are still very much organic; they simply have an inorganic shell.

Seriously? I thought they were just rocks with leaves on their head... Well at least I beat Pikmin 2, so I'm not totally a failure.
---
#7RennarPosted 8/12/2012 2:02:30 PM
Luigi4President posted...
Rennar posted...

Seriously? I thought they were just rocks with leaves on their head... Well at least I beat Pikmin 2, so I'm not totally a failure.

Well that's my interpretation of it at least. However, it is indeed confirmed (or at least mosty) that rock pikmin are formed when normal pikmin get sucked up by the medusal slurker.
#8genius14Posted 8/12/2012 2:54:54 PM
Shane74340Plus posted...
Not that I hate Rockmin, I'm starting to agree with you. The Rockmin just ruins the whole concept of Pikmin being plants. And, how can a parasite infect a non-living rock into a living creature?

Hopefully Team Miyamoto didn't F-up the game any more. (I.E taking a decade to make Pikmin "right".)

Please leave and never come back.
---
SSBB-0603-5794-4363 GT: Ace Of Blew
http://i.minus.com/iMimjTXRoOuTF.gif Understand my name! gen- (beginning) -ius (made of) 14 of my friends. :)
#9Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 3:40:22 PM
Rennar posted...
Luigi4President posted...
Rennar posted...

Well that's my interpretation of it at least. However, it is indeed confirmed (or at least mosty) that rock pikmin are formed when normal pikmin get sucked up by the medusal slurker.

Medusal slurker? Ok then... Funny pun though:

medusal = turns into stone
Rock Pikmin = Stone pikmin
---
#10RennarPosted 8/12/2012 9:22:53 PM
Well, yeah, that's kinda the point...xD
also it looks kinda like a jellyfish, and a mature jellyfish is called a medusa as well