Green Pikmin Idea

#1WerewolfKirbyyPosted 8/18/2012 1:05:25 AM
So what if green pikmin had spines covering their body like a cactus? They can use this to latch onto walls and things, maybe climb up them, and it's harder for an enemy to shake them off. Maybe some enemies will take a little damage from swallowing them (cause....that would hurt)

Just a basic idea. Any suggestions for them are welcome.
---
"They had a butler here. His name was Wells."
"Do you think he was born with such a butler-ish sounding name?" ~D and Ashley: Trace Memory.
#2Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/18/2012 12:02:30 PM
Very nice idea, still keeping the plant-based theme here with it! I think it's probably the best idea so far for greens that I've seen actually. Maybe they could even protect other pikmin with their spikes?
---
Everytime I find the key to success, someone changes the locks.
Tell me if you think Luigi should be president! Agreers: 51
#3WerewolfKirbyy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 10:55:35 PM
Thank you, sir. I bet having a circle of green on the outside of your swarm would come in handy if they can protect others.

The real question though.....onion, candypop, or something new?
---
"Do you think he was born with such a butler-ish sounding name?" ~D and Ashley: Trace Memory.
#4ElementalninjamPosted 8/18/2012 10:58:53 PM
Green is fairly abundant in the scenery. Sure, the other colors are there too, but I would venture to say that there is almost always green. So, an interesting new twist would be if they spawned out of something natural in the environment. Maybe have something specific to trigger the spawning...I dunno.
---
Back home I was so certain, the path was very clear
But now I have to wonder, what am I doing here
#5WerewolfKirbyy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 10:40:13 AM
I think I see what you're saying...

Maybe there can be cactus plants? And you have to do some special thing to get green pikmin to come out of them?
---
#6Pendragon71037Posted 8/21/2012 5:04:13 PM
Maybe their Onion could be a cactus?
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 4
This sig has been stolen three times by the time you read it!
#7Bluebird5555Posted 8/21/2012 6:01:41 PM
Maybe you could get them by destroying cacti. Like cactus pikmin might be inside some cacti.
---
Carrots are the cause of all wars. Especially baby carrots.
#8PT_PiranhaPosted 8/21/2012 8:32:53 PM
Luigi4President posted...
Very nice idea, still keeping the plant-based theme here with it! I think it's probably the best idea so far for greens that I've seen actually. Maybe they could even protect other pikmin with their spikes?

This.
---
Kira deserves to be in SSB4 - GlitchySkyrim
Well he is the best at L-Canceling - My response
#9ElementalninjamPosted 8/22/2012 11:39:15 AM
Ooh, yes, I like the cactus idea.
---
Back home I was so certain, the path was very clear
But now I have to wonder, what am I doing here
#10WerewolfKirbyy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 1:47:40 PM
Bluebird5555 posted...
Maybe you could get them by destroying cacti. Like cactus pikmin might be inside some cacti.

Maybe, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea to throw your pikmin at something so pointy.
---