Official v1 of Pikmin Wars

#31Harvest-TyPosted 10/4/2012 6:45:25 PM
Army: Mushy Mongrels
Commander: Sgt. Puffele (Small version of a Puffstool(Sometimes called a Puffette))
Log: 1
Day: 0

Money: 000 Petals
Requisition: 0

Troops

Ordinary
30 Red Puffmin(High strength, Average speed, Fire resistant, Slightly dumb, posses hive mind)

10-Yellow Puffmin-(Low Strength, Very Fast and light, Electric Resistant, slightly dumb Posses hive mind)

10-Purple Puffmin(Very Strong, very slow, Slightly dumb, posses hive mind)

Total: 50

Special

3 Firey PuffHogs(Mushroomized Blowhogs, posses hive mind)

2 Common Gleecaps (Appear to be Common Glowcaps that mutated, Can release poisonous spores. Good at hiding.

Total: 5

Elite
(None)

Resources
700 Iron

Machines
(None)

Defenses
Fire Geysers: Surround base making it difficult to Maneuver large groups at a time.

Research/Upgrades
(None)

Buildings
Mushroom Hollow left room (Holds troop weapons) (Iron)
Mushroom Hollow Right Room (Holds resources) (Iron)
Mushroom Hollow back room (Holds ammo) (Iron)
Mushroom Hollow second floor (Troop area) (Iron)

Projects
1. Build a Managment Center [0/20Days](1+ project slot) -300 Iron, -60 Petals

2. Research Puffy Gas capsules (Shoot mushroom gas that infects a opponent and paralyzes them, killing them if not treated. Can affect users if not mushroom related) [0/25Days] 50- Petals

3. Build a Blowhogium Mine [0/65 Days] -190 Petals

Log
Sgt Puffele's Diary...er Log: So we finally established a base! My friends all doubt me because I'm small and weak, but I believe I can show them! I'm going to build an army! So Far I've mushroomized a few of the local creatures(I think those who fleed hate me now) and I recruited two Gleecaps(Old friends of mine) Anyway now I have a bunch of new friends! We moved into the giant ancient mushroom hollow that supposedly grew from a ancient Puffstool's corpse apparently (Some say it he was killed by a alien!) Anyway, we've fortified the base's insides and now were building a mine and a front lobby to organize ourself! I also have the scientists looking up some Puffy Gas Capsules, that use the Gleecaps spores. I decided to send a letter to the Militant Machinists, they look friendly and with the recent attacks by the Horizion of the Fallen, I believe an alliance would be in our best interests. I wonder how it'll go...

(How'd I do)
---
YOU think I like being a slave to candy!?
#32Pendragon71037Posted 10/4/2012 9:07:17 PM
HI HARVEST!!!

Sorry, I wasn't expecting you. Anyway, I might try this again, but why did you get rid of sheargrubuim?
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 4
Official Torterra of the W2 board.
#33LilraptorPosted 10/5/2012 5:10:35 AM
You're supposed to write out the letter in your post. I can't read it if it doesn't have words.

Otherwise, you are making your log correctly.
---
Waiting for Tang to come back since '03.
#34Harvest-TyPosted 10/5/2012 12:22:43 PM(edited)
Commander: Sgt. Puffele (Small version of a Puffstool(Sometimes called a Puffette))
Log: 2
Day: 4

Money: 40 Petals

Troops

Ordinary
30 Red Puffmin(High strength, Average speed, Fire resistant, Slightly dumb, posses hive mind)

20-Yellow Puffmin-(Low Strength, Very Fast and light, Electric Resistant, slightly dumb Posses hive mind)

20-Purple Puffmin(Very Strong, very slow, Slightly dumb, posses hive mind)

Total: 50

Special

3 Firey PuffHogs(Mushroomized Blowhogs, posses hive mind)

4 Common Gleecaps (Appear to be Common Glowcaps that mutated, Can release poisonous spores. Good at hiding.

Total: 5

Elite
(None)

Resources
700 Iron

Machines
(None)

Defenses
Fire Geysers: Surround base making it difficult to Maneuver large groups at a time.

Research/Upgrades
(None)

Buildings

Projects
1. Build a Managment Center [4/20Days](1+ project slot)

2. Research Puffy Gas capsules (Shoot mushroom gas that infects a opponent and paralyzes them, killing them if not treated. Can affect users if not mushroom related) [4/25Days]

3. Build a Blowhogium Mine [4/65 Days]

Log
Sgt Puffele's Dia-Log: Things are progressing smoothly! So today we started the projects, Things are going quite smoothly. I recruited a few more Gleecaps and in my patrols around the base I found new minions, Apparently they'd came to kill me-How rude! Anyway, we reached a understanding. I hope my letter will arrive soon.

Alliance proposal From Sgt. Puffele of Mushy Mongrels to Rach of Militant Machinists

Dear, Mr. Rach.

Hello I am Sgt. Puffele of the Mushy Mongrels. It has come to my attention that the Horizon of the Fallen has recently started to attack other armys. I fear that if these raids continue they might become a formidable apposition. So I think it might be best to consider an alliance. It would be best to stop them in their tracks. I have also started to build a Blowhogium mine, and I believe we could come at a agreement. If you form an alliance, I will send part of the findings in the mine to you. Please return your thoughts.
~Puffele

(Posting now incase I forget)
---
#35LilraptorPosted 10/5/2012 4:16:56 PM
Army Name: Militant Machinists
Commander: Rach (large Iridescent Flint Beetle)

Log: 6
Day: 28

Troops:
Standard:
50 +5 Red Pikmin (Small humanoid plant creatures, above-average attack and fire resistance)
45 Yellow Pikmin (Small humanoid plant creatures, high electricity resistance, low weight, and high dexterity)
44 +1 Shearwigs (Small horsefly-like creature with strong mandibles, capable of short flight and burrowing)
11 +4 Honeywisp (Phantom-like creature of no offensive power, administers medical supplies)

Special:
20 Swooping Snitchbugs (Mid-sized beetle-like creature, used for forced "relocation" of enemy troops, especially into traps)
25 Yellow Wollywog (Mid-size frog-thing, administers AoE damage through body slams)

Elite:
N/A

Resources:
150 Iron
Aluminum 50
A. Dweevilite 40
Blowhogium 45
Bulborbium 20
Groinkium 10
Copper 30
Crawmadine 30
65 Petals

Buildings:
Indirect Defence:
Ammo Storage (Holds Ammo) (Iron)
Weapons Storage (Holds offensive capability enhancers) (Iron)
Resource Storage (Holds resources) (Iron)
Barracks (Provides shelter for troops) (Iron)
Research Facility (Hastens Research)
Direct Defence:
Spike-Filled Sinkholes (Discourages land-based attacks, can destroy smaller machines and troops) (Sharpened Wood)

Projects:
Manufacture:
Building a Factory (28/40 days)
Researching Electromagnets (8/12 days)
Building a Mill (24/40 days)

Research:
N/A

Rach Log:

I have rebuilt most of my army, and although we are low on Swooping Snitchbugs, I feel that the increase in Shearwigs more than makes up for it. I am also beginning to question the usefulness of additional Honeywisps. Although more of them would increase the other troops' lifespan, they are quite fragile and would likely spend all their time healing each other. The research will shortly be done, and I am already formulating uses for this technology.

End Log.

Researcher Log:

Red Pikmin Salignol here. This "anti-magnetism" seems to be present in most objects, although in very slight amounts. A. Dweevilite is magnetic (although not as much as iron), crawmadine is highly magnetic, but impurities present hamper it greatly. Blowhogium and dumplium are slightly magnetic, but only when in unfavorable conditions (it seems that the part of the air responsible for reacting with these in such conditions is magnetic, although it's not enough to drain an area of breath). Additionally, running electric current through a coil of metal creates a magnetic field around that coil, which increases when a magnetic metal is placed within the coil. Copper seems to be the best choice for these coils, due to its ductility (ease of becoming wire) and the fact that we don't have much else to use it with.

End Log.

Letter response:
To Sargent Puffele of the Mushy Mongrels,
We have indeed suffered from these raiders, and would like to warn you that they have some way of manipulating darkness. From the report my troops made after the raid, it seems that they rely mostly on their Snavian troops for damage output, and that future attacks against them should involve long-range weaponry. Their Black Pikmin were not seen preforming especially well in any area, although this might be because they blended in with the darkness.

On the subject of an alliance, I accept. Your name and your messenger's fungal attachments imply that you are a puffstool, or some variant thereof. Due to this, I believe that having you on my side may be useful, especially if you can manipulate their "magicians", for lack of a better word. As for the blowhogium, we will likely need very little, so it may be prudent to build fire-based things to clear their darkness.

~Rach
---
#36Pendragon71037Posted 10/5/2012 5:15:32 PM
Ah, what the hey,

Name: Burning Brigadiers
Location: Cannon Beetle Cliff (forest of hope cannon beetle arena)
Leader: Charlie (firey blowhog)
Log No.1
Day 0

Troops

Simple,
13 red pikmin (strong, fire resistant)
12 firey Dweevils (fast, heavy lifters)
13 firey blowhogs (can attack rows of enemies, clinging enemies can be thrown off)
12 dwarf firey bulblaxes (good damage, hurts those that directly touch them)
Subtotal: 50
Complex,
2 firey bulblaxes (like dwarfs, but better)
3 Gatling Groinks (multiple shots, revives upon defeat a few hours later)
Subtotal: 5
Total: 55

Resources:

700 iron
240 petals

Defenses
Location (must either jump or swim to get up)
Walls of fire gysers (all turn on at once, medium damage, burn)

Buildings:
Firepower room [(ammo storage) (iron)]
Flame stocks (iron) (research storage)
Sauna (barracks) (iron)
Torch area (weapons storage) (iron)

Projects:
1. Drain water 0/6 days -20 petals
2. Gather Bulborbium 0/4 days -20 petals
3. Gather A. Dweevilite 0/4 days -20 petals

Charlie Log: we have resurfaced yet again! However...it is a bittersweet coming, as we have lost all our old resources and our best base location. Ah well, for now we will simply start as we did last time. Charlie, signing off. </log>
---
#37Harvest-TyPosted 10/5/2012 5:16:21 PM
Letter Response to Rach:
To Rach of the Militant Machinist,
Very well, I am glad you accept. You are indeed correct to my nature. I am known as a puffette.

From what I have heard it might be best to discuss the raiders. They use darkness as a guide with their dark Pikmin. Due to this it might be best for them to attack at night (Or in my case anytime...). From what I have gathered, there are Brown Pikmin as well. Information I have gathered has led me to believe that these pikmin are skilled at digging. With this in mind, it might be advisable to fortify the ground around and inside the bases to get an advantage.

I believe setting up a light system might also set a disadvantage for the Black pikmin, like you mentioned. If darkness is their guise and protector, it might be good to establish light in critical areas to expose these dark fiends. As for long range weapons I have begun to develop a weapon in this and I am thankful for the advice. If there is anything I can do please inform me.

--------------------Best regards
--------------------------Puffele
---
#38Harvest-TyPosted 10/6/2012 1:51:44 PM
Log: 3
Day: 8

Money: 80 Petals

Troops

Ordinary

30-Yellow Puffmin-(Low Strength, Very Fast and light, Electric Resistant, slightly dumb Posses hive mind)

30-Purple Puffmin(Very Strong, very slow, Slightly dumb, posses hive mind)

Total: 90

Special

4 Firey PuffHogs(Mushroomized Firey Blowhogs, posses hive mind)

1 Puffette(Can use spores to infect their preys nervous system, causing them to be possessed. Very Fragile, medium speed.)

4 Common Gleecaps (Appear to be Common Glowcaps that mutated, Can release poisonous spores. Good at hiding.

Total: 9

Elite
(None)

Total Troop count: 99

Resources
700 Iron

Machines
(None)

Defenses

Research/Upgrades
(None)

Buildings

Projects
1. Build a Managment Center [8/20Days](1+ project slot)

2. Research Puffy Gas capsules (Shoot mushroom gas that infects a opponent and paralyzes them, killing them if not treated. Can affect users if not mushroom related) [8/25Days]

3. Build a Blowhogium Mine [8/65 Days]

Log
Sgt Puffele's Log(This is right, right?): Things are going terrific! Were making way in all of our projects! Things are running smoothly. I finally convinced My old friend to join. If we keep this up, everything will be ros-erm Mushrooms! I established an alliance as well. Things are looking good, except...That new army moved in...

Research Log: Gleecap Goomrey here, We finally have extracted it, The toxins in the Gleecaps spores. We've isolated it. Now to incase these toxins...

Mine Log: Gleecap Shoomi here. We've picked up the trail of the Blowhogium. We've isolated a possible vein deep down in the ground. Now to start digging...
---
#39LilraptorPosted 10/6/2012 5:30:49 PM
Army Name: Militant Machinists
Commander: Rach (large Iridescent Flint Beetle)

Log: 7
Day: 32

Troops:
Standard:
55 +40 Red Pikmin (Small humanoid plant creatures, above-average attack and fire resistance)
45 Yellow Pikmin (Small humanoid plant creatures, high electricity resistance, low weight, and high dexterity)
45 Shearwigs (Small horsefly-like creature with strong mandibles, capable of short flight and burrowing)
15 Honeywisp (Phantom-like creature of no offensive power, administers medical supplies)

Special:
20 Swooping Snitchbugs (Mid-sized beetle-like creature, used for forced "relocation" of enemy troops, especially into traps)
25 Yellow Wollywog (Mid-size frog-thing, administers AoE damage through body slams)

Elite:
N/A

Resources:
150 Iron
Aluminum 50
A. Dweevilite 40
Blowhogium 45
Bulborbium 20
Groinkium 10
Copper 30
Dumplium 25 (Whoops, forgot to move this from the Purchases tab last log. Sorry!)
Crawmadine 30
73 Petals

Buildings:
Indirect Defence:
Ammo Storage (Holds Ammo) (Iron)
Weapons Storage (Holds offensive capability enhancers) (Iron)
Resource Storage (Holds resources) (Iron)
Barracks (Provides shelter for troops) (Iron)
Research Facility (Hastens Research)
Direct Defence:
Spike-Filled Sinkholes (Discourages land-based attacks, can destroy smaller machines and troops) (Sharpened Wood)

Projects:
Manufacturing:
Building a Factory (32/40 days)
Building a Mill (28/40 days)

Researching:
(Whoops, forgot I had this header :D)
Advanced Electromagnets (Allows Guass weaponry and Maglev transport lines) (0/16 days) -32 petals

Completed Research:
Electromagnets (Allows faster-closing doors, magnet cranes, and switchable traps. Includes the tech for electric Generators.)

Rach Log:

Ugh. ... 8x10 + 73 = 153... That's not enough to buy anything useful. I mean, maybe we could get a war machine, but still... The only way we have to obtain more petals right now is to raid someone else... I guess we'll just have to wait and build some things out of wood.

End Log.

Researcher Log:

Head Researcher Arli here once again. The R&D department is big enough for titles now. Yaaay. Anyway, we have discovered that reversing the current in an iron-strengthened electromagnet reverses the polarity of the magnetic field. I can finally yell at people to reverse polarity and actually be useful! We have built some small gadgets to showcase the potential of this, but Rach wants further results. He suggested that we could use these to throw things. When we objected, he pointed out that such an ability would give us far safer and far lighter cannons without losing firepower or durability. We quickly saw the potential, and are trying to put a prototype together.

End Log.

Letters:

To Sargent Puffele of the Mushy Mongrels,
On the note of repelling darkness with fire, do the Reds you control retain their immunity to it? Perhaps giving them armor that burns slowly could be the solution to defending against the Horizon. And Browns can indeed dig rather well; one tunneled through my bedroom during the raid.

As for advice, I would suggest increasing income. I personally have run into money troubles, and it'd be a shame for you fall to the Horizon due to a lack of funding.
~Rach

To the leader of the Burning Brigadiers,
Greetings. My name is Rach, and I am the leader of the Militant Machinists, the army just above the cliff at the pond here in the Forest of Hope. Due to our proximity, I think that it would be wise to sign a pact of non-aggression, so that we do not spend all our time fighting each other over increasingly small tracts of land.
~Rach
---
#40Pendragon71037Posted 10/6/2012 6:01:46 PM
Army: Burning Brigadiers
Leader Charlie (firey blowhog)
Log No.2
Day 4

Troops:
Ordinary:
15 red pikmin
15 firey Dweevils
15 firey blowhogs
15 dwarf firey bulblaxes
Subtotal: 60
Special:
2 firey bulblaxes
3 Gatling Groinks
Subtotal: 5
Elite: none at the moment

Defenses
Walls of fire gysers

Resources
1000 iron (realized I didn't actually use an)
150 petals
(However much Bulborbium and A. Dweevilite you get for a scavenge)

Buildings
Firepower room (iron)
Blast chamber (renamed research storage) (iron)
Sauna (iron)
Boomstick holding cell (renamed weapon storehouse) (iron)

Projects
Drain the water near the entrance 4/6 days -20 petals
Build a wall -(a scavenge worth) 0/12 days -50 petals
Build a lightning rod (draws electricity away from wall) -(a scavenge worth A. Dweevilite) 0/12 days -50 petals

<log> Charlie reporting in here, we have found the metal that we used previously to make a wall, but it seems to have gained resistance to heat. This is fantastic! Anyway, this new system of "petals" is confusing, but I'll manage. We received a letter today, and shall reply shortly. Charlie signing off. </log>

Response to Rach
Hello, my name is Charlie, and I am the leader of the Burning Brigadiers. I shall accept you peace treaty, though I question why it was necessary considering we are on opposite sides of the forest of hope. Also, we have heard of the recent attack on you, and would like to offer our condolences and expertise in fire.
Mat your flames stay warm,
Charlie

OOC: I really am wondering about the petals man, as well as the a sense of sheargrubuim. That stuff was really useful.
---