(Yet another) pikmin 3 idea and discussion topic

#1Pendragon71037Posted 9/28/2012 5:04:58 PM
I know that this game has already been partially revealed, but we can still come up with ideas! I currently don't have any, but don't let that stop you!
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 4
Official Torterra of the W2 board.
#20Nintendo0Posted 10/2/2012 2:59:55 PM
Time travel?

Buried Bones instead of Ship Parts and Treasure?

Find out more about possible human race existing before Pikmin and creatures came to be?

Weather in-game?

Meteors crash onto the Distant Planet,releasing radiation,killing off certain species and mutating others? (New Radiation Pikmin type?)

Olimar wakes up on an unfamiliar area of the Distant Planet,not knowing what happened?

Able to explore at night time?

Olimar's ship is completely destroyed (you find this out after waking up),and so you have no way of returning to your homeworld?

Add more to creepy alone story?

:D
---
www.nyancat.cat
#3Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 7:26:27 PM
You. Are. AWESOME!!!
---
#4YeloPgsAdictPosted 10/5/2012 5:33:02 AM(edited)
More interesting and varied combat. I absolutely love the idea of a monster that you absolutely have to use multiple Pikmin types to kill. Don't make it essential, so you weirdos can still do your single Pikmin type runs. An example would be a monster that is impervious to all attacks unless its shell is broken by Rock Pikmin, and then it has a watery body underneath that has to be tackled with blues. I don't know, just something that isn't touched on much in Pikmin 1 and 2 that I think would be interesting.

Also, weather sounds right interesting. Rain could weaken all Pikmin except blue. It'd be nice having to adapt to what is happening in the world. It would make it seem less like everything is just waiting around for you to do something too it.

Ooh! More monsters battling it out while you're not doing anything. I'd love to see a Bulborb go crazy on a Flint Beetle.

EDIT: Just thought of another thing - night sections. Maybe you crash land again, or for some reason your ship can't land so you can't get to safety. You have to make it to a certain area (a safe place to land, I guess) or simply survive the night while there are way more monsters, all of which are awake and actively pursuing you. You could decide which you'd rather do, simply run the entire time, amassing a veritable army chasing you, or you could decide to camp down with 100 reds, and fight the night away.

It would be very different to the quite relaxed nature of the daytime sections and I reckon it could be quite interesting.
---
There's a place for people who love their poetry.
It's just across from the sign that says 'Prose Only'.
#5Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:52:12 AM
Maybe some new enemies? Like ^ but more elaborate? Bosses with sections like gaining new attacks when certain amounts of health are gone?
---