Why does Nintendo delay everything?

#1Homie_202Posted 12/5/2012 3:07:08 PM
O but first they wait until the console/handheld is out and people buy it thinking that whatever game it is they are delaying is in the launch window. Still waiting on luigis mansion and animal crossing for my 3ds which was supposed to be in the launch window. Unless this is just the longest launch window of all time. Now we'll be lucky to get pikmin (the reason I decided to get the Wiiu) hopefully sometime around 2015.
#2PlasmashedgehogPosted 12/5/2012 3:11:02 PM
because reasons.

actually I agree with you, teare is no GOOD reason for most of these delays (the games are already done, they just want us to buy the hastily made 3rd party&launch titles.
---
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.
#3Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:34:22 PM
It's so stupid nobody buys a Nintendo console for 3rdarty games.
#4blingusPosted 12/5/2012 4:13:35 PM
Homie_202 posted...
It's so stupid nobody buys a Nintendo console for 3rdarty games.

Yeah well Nintendo has always been rather inflexible towards 3rd party publishers until the GameCube. Fortunately, the GC was in the same power league as the PS2 and Xbox 1 and had some great 3rd party games for a Nintendo console.

I have no idea if the the Wii U will be a failure, success or just mediocre nor do I care to predict that. A touchscreen controller, IMO, is just fantastic (I'm NOT saying the Wii Pad is fantastic) and I see a need for Sony and MS to do something similar. Who knows if "Smartglass" or a dedicated screen controller is the answer.

Simply put, people do NOT usually buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games and I am one of those people. I love their innovation but do understand that they have a difficult time building somewhat "future proof" consoles. I mean really, same account on my 3DS XL and Wii U but they don't share funds.?!!?!??????!!!?

Sorry, I do love Nintendo's games but wish they would stop making home consoles and focus on being a most powerful 3rd party publisher and continue to let the handheld market print money for them.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, 250GB Reach+320GB Gears 360s, Wii, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, OG PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#5Meta289Posted 12/5/2012 5:02:58 PM
Well, would you rather have a really rushed game? In order to make a game as good as possible, delays are necessary.

Miyamoto once said: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is forever bad."
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#6Boo DestroyerPosted 12/5/2012 6:22:08 PM
Not to mention, Pikmin 3 is a much meatier game and takes a lot more time to make than something like NSMBU does.

And also seeing what the Dark Moon really was in Luigi's Mansion 2, I really do take Miyamoto's word for it.
#7blingusPosted 12/5/2012 6:25:28 PM
Meta289 posted...
Well, would you rather have a really rushed game? In order to make a game as good as possible, delays are necessary.

Miyamoto once said: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is forever bad."

Agree 100%. I was one of the few who welcomed Bioshock Infinite's double delay. The first reasoning behind that was basically what you said. And to be perfectly honest with ya, I'm sort of scared of Infinite. The original Bioshock is my 2nd favorite game of all time (OoT #1) and being a gamer for 30 years, it makes me hopeful that Infinite will "wow" me like that.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#8bond007106Posted 12/5/2012 6:28:46 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Still waiting on luigis mansion and animal crossing for my 3ds which was supposed to be in the launch window. Unless this is just the longest launch window of all time. Now we'll be lucky to get pikmin (the reason I decided to get the Wiiu) hopefully sometime around 2015.

Okay, first of all Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing were never confirmed for the 3DS launch window. They were first revealed very early on, but not once did Nintendo say that they would be released in the launch window. Animal Crossing has not been delayed at all (well, not the game itself, at least. I can't speak for the US localization), and the only delay Luigi's Mansion has suffered is from late this year to early next year.
As for Pikmin 3, it was only ever 'launch window' in the first place, it was never once suggested by Nintendo to be a launch game, and when the launch window release data went up a few months ago Pikmin 3 was listed for a March release date in Japan and a 'Late Q1' release date in America. So Pikmin 3 has also only suffered a short delay.

I think your problem is that you either just assumed that they would be launch (window) titles, or else you read on certain news sites that they would be, when in fact said 'news' was just supposition on the part of the writer, and was not based any actual announcements from Nintendo.
So it's either the news sites' fault for giving false information, or yours for being too credulous. But either way, Nintendo have not delayed 'everything', and what delays there are are pretty short (just a couple of months).
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#9barboidPosted 12/5/2012 6:46:02 PM
And relatively short times at that. Remember RareWare? They delayed for years, but when they hit, it was gold. In fact, Kameo: Elements of Power and Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel took so long they were released for Xbox instead.
---
"Of all the things I miss in life, I lost my mind the most."
#10Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/5/2012 9:29:53 PM
Because they're perfectionists.

Metroid 64 got delayed right into the next generation and became a sort of Prime.