Why does Nintendo delay everything?

#21Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/12/2012 8:20:32 PM
Opp, there it is!
#22PolimarioPosted 12/13/2012 11:10:54 AM
When people whine about delays, I show 'em Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
---
Must...get...their...Moneyball.........But How? -Captain Spark
#2310000_needlesPosted 12/18/2012 6:25:31 AM
^^That one was insanely bad, but I think it was released early because of some financial year plan or whatever.

It didn't just feel unfinished, it was completely buggy, unlike games like Worms: a space oddity or Zone of the Enders that feel like they lack content, but at least don't crash or have their music loop forever or have you face only 3 bosses that are nearly identical.

Nintendo are far from being the worse IMO when it comes to delaying: look at Gran Turismo 5, or Starcraft 2, they took forever as well.
---
You dont know it yet, but you're already dead. "Hokuto no Ken"
#24banjo kazooiePosted 12/18/2012 9:57:15 PM(edited)
From a consumer and developer perspective, delays are good. Generally, if the developer wants to delay a game, it's because they feel it's either not finished or not good/bug-free enough yet. Either reason for a delay, it benefits both the consumer and developer for the developer to be allotted more time to work on the game. From a publisher's perspective, delays are bad, because it means more money is spent paying the developers to make the same game. An example of a game that really should have gotten a delay recently is Assassin's Creed 3, which should have been delayed until November based on when a bunch of serious issues that negatively affected gameplay got patched, ones which were likely known by the developer before the game was released, but didn't get fixed until then because the publisher did not allow them time to do so.

When a game gets delayed, don't blame the developer. Thank the publisher for not making the developer knowingly release a game that's not finished.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/