If this game has a time limit like the first one had, I'm gonna hate it

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. If this game has a time limit like the first one had, I'm gonna hate it
2 years ago#11
I liked the time-limit in Pikmin 1.
I like Pikmin 2 as well, but for the variety.

I recall an interview with Miyamoto where he said it was the EAD staff's idea to have more freedom in Pikmin 2. Miyamoto said that he was a bit more forceful (?) with his opinion this time around.

http://kotaku.com/5917719/shigeru-miyamoto-thinks-hes-right-about-pikmin-3-but-if-not-uh+oh
2 years ago#12
People think the original pikmin was a challenge?

Pft.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
2 years ago#13
McmadnessV3 posted...
People think the original pikmin was a challenge?

Pft.

at least combat isn't lol spam purple, lol bitter spray.
2 years ago#14
Pikmin in general isn't very challenging.
It's trying to beat your personal best that makes it challenging.
(IMO) I couldn't care less if there is a time-limit or not.
2 years ago#15
Okay, so we've all voiced our opinions on time-limits (limited days).

But here's a different question; Do you think it will have a limited number of days?
2 years ago#16
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some sort of time limit or reward system, because Miyamoto did say he wanted to make it more strategy-focused. Pikmin 2 had literally no strategy at all because of that freedom, but with a time limit, it forces players to use strategy to beat the game more quickly, for better or worse. I'm not completely opposed to it, as it is primarily a strategy game, but I think that's what challenge mode is also for, so...
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. If this game has a time limit like the first one had, I'm gonna hate it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived