I won't stop you from being angry at the delay, but...

#11thealmightydibPosted 12/10/2012 9:27:40 PM
It just makes me think of Brawl, it was delayed however many times, at least three, and it turns out that many big fans of the series dont think it lived up to the hype / lasted as long as melee in terms of playability. Just makes me think Nintendo is trying to add too many last minute things that the game probably doesn't need to feel great, things that may even end up dragging the game down a bit.
---
No, John, unfortunately we don't have a code for "There's a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter's head." Although we obviously should.
#12Capace23Posted 12/11/2012 1:07:17 PM
Nintendo can take as much time as they need to make sure that Pikmin 3 is a top quality game.
#13banjo kazooiePosted 12/13/2012 10:28:51 AM
The delays may not be programming related. They may be putting more effort into design and such. Enemy placements, respawn rates, first spawn day, macguffin (ship part, treasure, whatever we're gathering) placement, stuff like that. From the videos, and the playable challenge mode levels they had for show, the gameplay seems to be fully functional, at the very least all the parts that would have any significant complexity programming-wise (that we know of, could be something crazy we don't know yet).
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#14Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/18/2012 3:52:03 AM
^The Banjo has a good point. (gee, that's a weird thing to say...)

We truly don't know what the delay is about.
All we've seen is (more or less) Challenge Mode.
The game may not be actually finished.
#15yoshipikmnghostPosted 12/18/2012 5:08:58 PM
I don't really care for the delay. If it's cancelled, though, I'll jump off a cliff.