A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is forever bad.

#1cycledancePosted 12/9/2012 7:34:56 AM
GODDAMNIT!!!

no reason to buy a wiiu for at least 7 months.
#2Enigma149Posted 12/9/2012 7:57:32 AM
4 1/2 months, actually.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#3Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/9/2012 11:33:03 AM
December (1)
January (2)
February (3)
March (4)
April (5)

maybe as far as May (6) or June (7)...
#4bond007106Posted 12/9/2012 6:54:45 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
December (1)
January (2)
February (3)
March (4)
April (5)

Pikmin 3 was never officially claimed to be a launch game or to launch this year. It was only ever 'launch window', and the most precise it was ever pinned down was when it was listed for a 'March 2013' release date of Nintendo Japan's site a couple of months ago.
So if March is the only official release date that we've ever had, then that means it's only being delayed 1-3 months.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#5Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/9/2012 7:07:55 PM
bond007106 posted...
Pikmin 3 was never officially claimed to be a launch game or to launch this year. It was only ever 'launch window', and the most precise it was ever pinned down was when it was listed for a 'March 2013' release date of Nintendo Japan's site a couple of months ago.
So if March is the only official release date that we've ever had, then that means it's only being delayed 1-3 months.
Dude, I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news, but Nintendo announced with their latest Pikmin footage that it is being pushed back to Q2.

That's the 2nd quarter of next year.
Now what that means in plain english is that it will be somewhere in the three months after March (no long launch window).

January, February, and March are the first quarter (quarter of a year).
April, May, and June are the second quarter (Q2).
So that 1-3 month window have now turned into a 4-6 month window.
Once again, sorry 'bout that.

Here is the link to the video. Skip to about 9:10 in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAmmCIcq4H8&feature=player_embedded#!
#6bond007106Posted 12/9/2012 8:30:45 PM
bond007106 posted...
Dude, I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news, but Nintendo announced with their latest Pikmin footage that it is being pushed back to Q2.

That's the 2nd quarter of next year.
Now what that means in plain english is that it will be somewhere in the three months after March (no long launch window).

January, February, and March are the first quarter (quarter of a year).
April, May, and June are the second quarter (Q2).
So that 1-3 month window have now turned into a 4-6 month window.
Once again, sorry 'bout that.

I'm well aware that it has been delayed to Q2 next year. Please read what I wrote again.
Q2 consists of April, May, June. The only concrete date the game previously had was March 2013. That means it has been delayed 1-3 months.
March to April would be 1 month.
March to May be 2 months
March to June would be 3 months.

I really don't understand how you could have misinterpreted what I wrote; perhaps it was all my talk of what had previously been announced to be the release date/release window. But that was all in the past tense, so it should have been obvious that I was referring to the fact that that's how things were, not suggesting that that's how things are.
---
#7ArtOWarfarePosted 12/9/2012 8:31:57 PM
Or, you know, Nintendo could finally "get" the internet and actually offer patches after release.
#8bond007106Posted 12/9/2012 8:40:19 PM
ArtOWarfare posted...
Or, you know, Nintendo could finally "get" the internet and actually offer patches after release.

Release day patches to fix a broken game are not to be encourage nor accepted, and certainly should not become the norm.
---
#9barboidPosted 12/9/2012 9:21:05 PM
cycledance posted...
GODDAMNIT!!!

no reason to buy a wiiu for at least 7 months.

Since I couldn't afford the pre-order, it doesn't bother me at all. Pikmin 3 is really the only game I'm truly looking forward to. I mean, I'll still get zelda and mario and such, but Pikmin is the game I wanna play. I'd be more grumpy if it had been released and I couldn't afford to play it...
---
"Of all the things I miss in life, I lost my mind the most."
#10Enigma149Posted 12/9/2012 9:49:51 PM
December (1)
January (2)
February (3)
March (4)
April (5)

He said "at least", not "at most".
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey