Release Date???/

#1vaswuzherePosted 12/24/2012 8:34:27 AM
Amazon is saying Dec 31st. Walmart is saying it come out Dec 1st. Nintendo doesn't show a date and neither does Best Buy. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy but forgot to ask them when it comes out. Anyone have a solid date?? Thanks.
---
I have Spina Bifida. What's your excuse?
#2TNintendominatePosted 12/24/2012 8:40:44 AM
It's somewhere around Q2 (April, May, June) 2013. It's exact date is unknown. Walmart and Amazon are just using placeholder dates.
---
Pikmin 3? It's been announced?
Must... own... NOW...
#3vaswuzhere(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 8:45:35 AM
Thanks.
---
I have Spina Bifida. What's your excuse?
#4akanakinPosted 12/24/2012 9:48:26 PM
Don't ever preorder a game.

All you're doing is giving people your money without getting anything in return.

There is never going to be a game that sells out so bad that you can't get it within the first two or three days of release. The only reason you should ever preorder a game is if a company has a deal with the company making the game that will get you something amazing like savings on DLC.
---
[[[|||||]]][[[[[]]]]This is confusion.[[[||||||]]][[[[[]]]||||
]]][[[||||]]][[[||Am I confusing you?]]]]][[[[|||[[[[]]]]]
#5bond007106Posted 12/25/2012 4:47:30 PM
akanakin posted...
Don't ever preorder a game.

All you're doing is giving people your money without getting anything in return.

There is never going to be a game that sells out so bad that you can't get it within the first two or three days of release. The only reason you should ever preorder a game is if a company has a deal with the company making the game that will get you something amazing like savings on DLC.

That's not strictly true. Some games can sell out on the day of release. But it's only ever niche games (for instance, when Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS was released in the UK last year, it sold out on pre-orders alone and was out of stock for almost 3 months).
Also, you're not giving the company your money. Most online pre-orders are no money down (they only take the money from your card when the order is shipped).
And also, speaking of shipping, in the UK at least (I don't know how things work in the US) a pre-ordered game ordered online will usually arrive a day or two before its official release date.

I agree that, with the exception of a small few very niche games and any possible pre-order bonuses, pre-ordering a game is not necessary, but there's no harm in it either, so if you want to then you may as well.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#6UltraMarcusPosted 12/27/2012 6:32:59 AM
Games are unavailable on the first day all the time. When something first comes out, it's hard to get. Simple as that.

Anyway, I agree with not pre-ordering, unless theres free DLC, however I found a store that has a pre-order bonus program, where they'll give you a free game after 10 pre-orders.
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#7ArmorWolf01Posted 12/27/2012 8:16:41 AM
April - May sounds about right.
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
#8Ghost-inZeShellPosted 12/27/2012 8:26:08 AM
Official: Q2 2013
Reality: Q4 2014
#9I am a fishPosted 12/27/2012 5:26:28 PM
Official: Q2 2013
Reality: Q4 2014

Truth. It better make my sex life better after that kind of delay though.
---
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a fish a man and you feed him for weeks! -ShinyMoogle
#10bond007106Posted 12/27/2012 6:28:04 PM
UltraMarcus posted...
Games are unavailable on the first day all the time. When something first comes out, it's hard to get. Simple as that.

In bricks-and-mortar shops, sure. But never online, with the exception of very niche games, as I explained above.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri