Just got Pikmin 1 [Wii version]

#11banjo kazooiePosted 1/7/2013 8:34:32 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
banjo kazooie posted...
andis1992 posted...
The game is beatable in just about as few as 15, yes FIFTEEN, days.

Pfft. Fifteen. This game is possible in 6 days. Which is one per area plus tutorial. Did you know no ship part in the Forest of Hope actually requires blues?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRSWLy4xrA

Have people managed to 1-day FOH without growing more Pikmin and glitching to the Positron Generator on Day 2? Because if you can't do that, you can't 6-day the game because you can't 1-day DS with the Snitchbugs, who show up on Day 4. 7 days is doable; 2 days in IS, then 1 in FOH, then 1 in FN, then 2 in DS, then FT.

That's exactly what that video I linked in the post you quoted is. Single day FoH, on the second day, not the third. You'd have known this if you had actually watched the video I linked until the day indicator appeared on the top right. And I think you mean after day four. On a related note, though you're probably right about needing an extra day if you are to do DS after the Snitchbugs spawn, you don't actually need to spend that extra day in DS.To that effect, here's a single-day video of DS done with the Snitchbugs present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMR3wT_ZXFU

So, yeah, it is possible to do both of the things you said weren't possible, if not necessarily in the same run.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#12_HikariPosted 1/9/2013 1:35:40 AM
Have people managed to 1-day FOH without growing more Pikmin and glitching to the Positron Generator on Day 2?

Yes. Watch my video linked above, and at the end of my post.

Because if you can't do that, you can't 6-day the game because you can't 1-day DS with the Snitchbugs, who show up on Day 4. 7 days is doable; 2 days in IS, then 1 in FOH, then 1 in FN, then 2 in DS, then FT.

Nope.

And it is impossible to complete the game with the glitch on day2 for two reasons :
1) No one has done the glitch.
2) If we manage to do it, we have to complete DS with snitchbugs and starting this day with 40 blue pikmin. (which means you have to farm 50 blue pikmin AND deal with bugs AND clear the area)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRSWLy4xrA

Explains everything, looks like you didn't watch it yet...
---
Pikmin Challenge Mode : 278 / 569 / 482 / 645 / 299 and 6 Days completion - Pikmin2: 7 Days and some challenge mode WRs
http://www.youtube.com/user/xHaibara
#13_Sanaki_Posted 1/9/2013 2:01:52 AM
I know the feeling Enigma. I've always been interested in the Pikmin series, but it wasn't something I could afford to get (since I only just back in August got a job). Unlike you, I just got Pikmin 2, and so far I find the game amazing. I'm glad there isn't a time limit though. 30 Pikmin 2 days may not be the same as Pikmin 1 days, not sure, but if so I'd be stressing since I've sat around and eaten up a bunch of days already. It's just so much fun.

The game is terrifying though. I hated freaking... Cavern of Spiders boss whose name I can't remember. And the caves in general are horrible. So dark, I can't see a thing in them, and around the corner or burrowing up from the ground more enemies. It's really intense, I wasn't expecting such a horrifying game. I like the above ground areas though, those are fine.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#14-Jester-Masque-Posted 1/9/2013 2:25:53 AM
_Sanaki_ posted...

The game is terrifying though. I hated freaking... Cavern of Spiders boss whose name I can't remember. And the caves in general are horrible. So dark, I can't see a thing in them, and around the corner or burrowing up from the ground more enemies. It's really intense, I wasn't expecting such a horrifying game. I like the above ground areas though, those are fine.

I've been trying to keep Pikmin off my mind, but over the past couple of days I've been getting sucked into my "impatient for Pikmin 3" mode again. Good thing there's a Pikmin forum to blow off some steam. :P

A heads up for you: You will spend the majority of your time in caves in Pikmin 2. Lots of folks don't like this. I'm a fan of it, personally. When you start, the caves actually look like caves, but they get a bit stranger as you get further along. If you hadn't yet noticed, they are sort of randomly generated, too. More accurately, the sublevels always contain the same enemies and treasures, but they will be arranged differently each time you enter a cave.

As for the game being horrifying... well, I wouldn't quite go that far. There is at least one enemy that ought to scare the pants off of you though. Even now, I dread facing it, largely because of the music that plays with it.
#15_Sanaki_Posted 1/10/2013 10:13:16 PM
Honestly, I find the game far, far scarier than expected. Every other corner I turn I seem to run into something that will kill me. And often times ambush is a very, very common problem. Coupled with just the way the game is, it's very scary. At least for me. It isn't difficult per say, though I need to work on my aiming, just scary. I hated that spider though. Seriously, I knew it was there, but it made me wander around then suddenly dropped on me, made me jump so much. Then it just started being weird and made me have to pause the game to calm down.

And the caves aren't an issue for me. They're fun enough. I'd say my main issue with them is how finite they are. I can't really refresh my supply of Pikmin, and it's caused some issues at times.
---
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#16plasmawisp1713Posted 1/11/2013 12:43:22 AM
Using glitches you can beat the entire game in 6 days. Might only be on the gamecube version though.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#17_Sanaki_Posted 1/11/2013 1:22:09 AM
I wouldn't want to win with glitches. And I just don't like time limits. I like to wander around and just explore, having a time limit still means (even if I did the glitches) only 24 days of that. Considering I've almost hit 20 days in Pikmin 2 and I only now hit the halfway mark (in terms of the debt), I'd probably find myself in a similar situation with Pikmin 1. Not like it matters, we'll see what Pikmin 3 is like soon enough.
---
#18kirbymastahPosted 1/11/2013 6:33:24 AM
Keep in mind, days in pikmin 1 are considerably longer than days in pikmin 2...

For pikmin 1, red pikmin are considerably more powerful than blues and yellows in terms of direct combat. If you're playing the GC version, bomb rocks are absolutely OP. You can easily kill a red bulborb by quickly tossing two bomb-rock yellows by it and whistling them back so they drop the rocks (stupidly, this doesn't work on the wii version...).

It is generally not a problem at all to get more than one ship part a day if you work at it. Don't be too afraid to be a little aggressive if you're playing the wii version, as you always have the option to backtrack to any day. Also, if you ever need a day to just refill pikmin, then impact site is a great place to raise pikmin.

Finally, there are 5 ship parts that are optional to collect. It's recommended to do what you can, then since you know the game better, do better in your second playthrough.

For pikmin 2, spam purples and sprays. 'nuff said. I'm not kidding, do NOT be afraid at all to use purples. If you need more purples, and you've unlocked this cave, you can get a free 15 purples each visit into subterranean complex. If you're early game and you have less than 20 purples (i think) then hole of beasts gives you extra violet candypop buds as well. While red pikmin are better at combat than yellow/blues, red pikmin are basically useless in pikmin 2 as they are outclassed by purples in basically every way possible. Thus, use red pikmin as candypop fodder as they're always expendable.

It's possible to beat pikmin 1 in 6 days (I've done 8) and pikmin 2 in 7 days (using a glitch to get early blue pikmin in forest of awakening, so you can clear perplexing pool in one day).