What if this game had a time machine?

#1ssj_duelistPosted 1/6/2013 9:25:11 AM
Where if you didn't feel you did one enough on one day, or wanted to replay it for a speed run, you could repeat that day again.
#2shadowreaper7Posted 1/6/2013 9:30:56 AM
For a second there i thought you meant being able to visit the same level at different periods in time (so that the landscape changes), which i think would be quite cool if completely unnecessary and quite hard to implement in a game such as this.

But yeah having a system like the WII reissues of Pikmin & Pikmin 2 would be rather beneficial if they do put in a timed format like the first.

Inb4 "will they, won't they" put in a time format argument
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3ArtOWarfarePosted 1/6/2013 10:03:07 AM
shadowreaper7 posted...
For a second there i thought you meant being able to visit the same level at different periods in time (so that the landscape changes), which i think would be quite cool if completely unnecessary and quite hard to implement in a game such as this.

I don't think it would be very difficult to implement, but it does sound cool and unnecessary.
#4ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:14:24 AM
It's definitely unnecessary but keeps the stress factor in of having to complete the game in time but makes you feel less penalized for one or twi days of error.
#5-Jester-Masque-Posted 1/6/2013 11:16:03 AM
I would assume that f this game does have a limited number of days like the first game, you will have the option to go back to a previous day to try again. As mentioned, the Wii versions already had this feature.

Why should players (especially new ones) have to (or, more importantly, want to) go through an entire game knowing that they can't possibly get a good ending because their lack of experience caused them to make a couple of unwise decisions at the beginning?

I think that many people who played the first Pikmin for the first game maybe didn't figure out quite how the game would flow early enough. Consequently, they'd waste days trying to kill lots of enemies and grow an excessive number of pikmin rather than collect ship parts. Of course, we here all know that it's possible to collect the ship parts in way under 30 days.

Like some other people here, I thought that this post was going to be about a time machine that allows players to visit the same area in different time periods. This could be really, really cool. But then again, it's also not really necessary. If they want prehistoric-looking creatures in a Pikmin game, they could just have them. No explanation is really needed.

This reminds me of an old idea I had for Pikmin 3 before E3 2012. Some of you might remember me posting it. I was pondering the different things that could be set as a main collectable. Collecting fossils or bones could be really cool. If you're collecting bones, then maybe you get to see a model of the bones assembled once you have them all for a particular specimen. The problem is that it would probably get boring for most people after a while. Pikmin 2 had a wonderful variety of objects. Bones (aside from skulls) could start to all look the same eventually.