Still no definite release date? This is ridiculous

#1Boo DestroyerPosted 1/6/2013 5:14:35 PM
Right now, it seems that everything else Wii U-related is stil in the "announced, but not finalized" stages. Even the official sites look like placeholders, even though the system is out everywhere already.

The fact that Miyamoto recently already said the exact same thing about it that he did at E3 (being more like the first game) does nothing to help either.

It's supposed to be in the spring, right? Then shouldn't we hear more about it by now?
#2cbfstudiosPosted 1/6/2013 6:40:27 PM
The game was delayed until Q2, april through june and Nintendo has a history of keeping quiet on their games until a month prior, and then they explode out with information...( Skyward sword comes to mind. )

As much as I hate to say it we probably will not know anything more about the game until march at the earliest. Hopefully they prove me wrong and release another trailer or release some info.
#3RobJ23Posted 1/7/2013 5:47:38 AM
Learn to have patience.

I honestly think if Pikmin 3 was on another console, it would've been rushed out by now... with the usual game maker attitutde of "no worries, we will patch most of it later". Which is horrible business practice.
#4Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:05:55 PM(edited)
And so, Pokemon X and Y was announced for October 2013 worldwide...

sigh

(Okay, okay. That's coming well after this game, but still, what the hell?)
#5NessInEaglelandPosted 1/8/2013 12:22:53 PM
i share the frustrtaion
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.
#6AstralShane5000Posted 1/8/2013 5:57:03 PM
Actually, the game was near completion or was already completed; as Miyamoto stated they wanted to release it for the Game's 10 year anniversary.

"But at the end, he mentioned how this year is the 10th anniversary of Pikmin and he wanted to release it this year on Wii to coincide with that."

Source: http://www.nintendofuse.com/2011/06/07/pikmin-3-moved-to-wii-u/

If the game was that far on, why wasn't it a Wii U launch title? It would have surely been completed in a year+. The only possibility as to why it's taking so long is that they've rewritten most of the game to make it an actual Wii U game, not just a Wii to Wii U port.

I for one, hope they add Pro Controller support.
#7Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:42:07 PM
The same was also said for LM2.

But now both these games ended up getting released after their 11th anniversary. When did Nintendo get this slow?
#8ArtOWarfarePosted 1/8/2013 7:47:10 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
When did Nintendo get this slow?

Everyone is this slow now. I suspect it has entirely to do with graphics. These days people expect games to have hundreds or thousands of models with thousands or millions of triangles, millions or billions of skinned pixels, hundreds of bones, poses, the AI to make it so everything makes sense, etc.

These inane graphics demands leads to games taking huge amounts of time and money to produce.

I suspect that all of the non-graphical stuff in the game could be made in a matter of months to at most 3 years and it could all run on the N64.

I know when I was briefly considering the possibility of making a 3D game, the sheer volume of models and skins I would have to make is what deterred me and had me focus solely on 2D graphics (sure, I still have to make a lot, but making a few sprites per object is a lot easier than making a model, skinning, rigging, and posing it for each object.)
#9bond007106Posted 1/8/2013 8:18:17 PM
ArtOWarfare posted...

I suspect that all of the non-graphical stuff in the game could be made in a matter of months to at most 3 years and it could all run on the N64.

All run on the N64? You're joking, right? There's no way an N64 could handle that many different objects on screen, all acting independently, at the same time.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#10Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:36:59 AM
ArtOWarfare posted...
Everyone is this slow now. I suspect it has entirely to do with graphics. These days people expect games to have hundreds or thousands of models with thousands or millions of triangles, millions or billions of skinned pixels, hundreds of bones, poses, the AI to make it so everything makes sense, etc.

These inane graphics demands leads to games taking huge amounts of time and money to produce.

I know when I was briefly considering the possibility of making a 3D game, the sheer volume of models and skins I would have to make is what deterred me and had me focus solely on 2D graphics (sure, I still have to make a lot, but making a few sprites per object is a lot easier than making a model, skinning, rigging, and posing it for each object.)

Fair points. I can see where most of this comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBusn2VmzM

0:27 here is surely a testament to that, right?