Still no definite release date? This is ridiculous

#11RetroYoshi4191Posted 1/9/2013 10:43:59 AM
I don't seem to care in the slightest on the subject of info and release dates.

When I get that much information this far ahead of time on any one game that I'm even relatively excited about, I burst into an explosion of not even being able to wait another hour for the game, so this is all good for me. Go ahead and keep everything we don't know concealed until late February, Nintendo.

It's better that way, I think.
---
"Invincible. I can't be vinced."
#12marioman1154Posted 1/9/2013 3:58:42 PM
RetroYoshi4191 posted...

When I get that much information this far ahead of time on any one game that I'm even relatively excited about, I burst into an explosion of not even being able to wait another hour for the game, so this is all good for me. Go ahead and keep everything we don't know concealed until late February, Nintendo.

This, x1000
---
Yes
#13Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:02:05 PM(edited)
RetroYoshi4191 posted...

Try telling this to the huge fanboys at the AC: New Leaf board. (Its localization is still in progress anyhow, so they're not fully ready to get it out here just yet because of that. Just a little more this has to go through in NA until Q2, such as changing that crappy, rushed-looking logo)

But you guys do bring up some good points. I remember all this with past games too. A month or two before games like Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were out, they spilled out a hell ton of info on these games, plus solid release dates. Expect the same for these next few coming soon.
#14Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:04:56 PM
And here's a tip for you all:

You know a game is coming out real soon when you see ads for it placed on various websites.
#15rocketdischargePosted 1/14/2013 1:02:46 AM
LAUNCH WINDOW lololololololol
---
Sagat nerfed? He can Tiger Uppercut the wing off the plane!
#16MetalGusREbirthPosted 1/14/2013 9:34:37 AM
I'd take a new small trailer about now.
But it's true, I can wait till the end of Feb/start of March, but I do hope we'll get something at that point... Same goes for info on Wii Fit U, even if I might be the only guy looking forward to it.
#17-Jester-Masque-Posted 1/14/2013 12:06:27 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194183

See that? "Exclusive new Pikmin 3 info".

Colour me excited. Come on February 13th!
#18Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:18:59 PM
And so, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon gets March 24.

Man, I was hoping that that game and this would do a double-team release, right near each other.
#19ArtOWarfarePosted 1/17/2013 4:07:02 PM
bond007106 posted...
ArtOWarfare posted...

I suspect that all of the non-graphical stuff in the game could be made in a matter of months to at most 3 years and it could all run on the N64.

All run on the N64? You're joking, right? There's no way an N64 could handle that many different objects on screen, all acting independently, at the same time.

Why are you bringing up the screen? Out of sight doesn't mean out of mind for the game system. When you're not looking at the Pikmin, the game system still has to work out their pathing AI, it still has to run enemy AI to check if they stray too close, it still has to drown them if they fall in the water, etc.

The moment you bring up the screen, you're not talking about it handling just the game logic - you're talking about graphics. Further, the N64 absolutely can handle more data than Pikmin is responsible for... I submit my evidence of the fact that StarCraft runs on the N64. Don't complain about the fact that the game is 2D and Pikmin is 3D, because that only matters from a graphics perspective (besides, StarCraft's engine actually keeps track of layers for each unit so that it knows that flying units and ground units don't collide, for example... so really, it sort of does have a 3D engine even if that isn't obvious from the graphics and the art team didn't have to make 3D models.)
#20KAMMYqueenPosted 1/17/2013 4:33:16 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
The same was also said for LM2.

But now both these games ended up getting released after their 11th anniversary. When did Nintendo get this slow?

they been slow forever, but not like this
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U