The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The Game Logo is Different Now.

#1G-Force88Posted 1/23/2013 7:09:06 AM
Just finished watching the North American Nintendo Direct. Unfortunately, they didn't really show any new gameplay footage. There were only 2 new things I picked up about the game, and neither of them were a very big deal.

First, the logo seems to have tweaked slightly, in that the 3 is made of red flowers now, instead of the blue-violet ones from before. That probably means either that the new Pikmin are gonna have red flowers instead of blue-purple, or that there is another Pikmin type in the game with red flowers that is more significant than the ones we've seen with blue-purple.

The other thing is that they're planning to implement a feature where you can take gameplay screenshots from a Pikmin's-eye view and post them on Miiverse. I'm not terribly excited for that because Pikmin enemies already creeped me out, so getting an actual in-universe, up-close-and-personal view is just so damn far out of my comfort zone.

I'm sorry that there wasn't more to share.
---
Just imagine that you see some really funny quote here.
#2Ghost-inZeShellPosted 1/23/2013 7:34:24 AM
I'm fine with the camera feature.

BTW, you seriously think that is RED?
Looks Orange, IMO.

But lets see what the internet thinks...
#3Mooman135Posted 1/23/2013 7:37:19 AM
No, I thought it was orange too.

I'm still a bit curious as to why they changed it.
#4-Jester-Masque-Posted 1/23/2013 7:51:39 AM
I thought the blueish flowers looked good on both the pink pikmin and the rock pikmin. Hopefully the logo represents another new pikmin type that we have not yet seen.

A while ago, I was thinking about how Pikmin 3 would have Miiverse functionality. I was excited about seeing a whole community of people drawing Pikmin 3 stuff and talking about the game. The camera feature looks pretty damn awesome, although I imagine it could be pretty difficult to take pictures of certain enemies without getting attacked. Did you see the ones of the bulbear getting progressively closer. Yikes.

I was really hoping for more info out of today's presentation, but I enjoyed it anyways. They had some new games to announce and some interesting info on the Wii U system updates.
#5Ghost-inZeShellPosted 1/23/2013 8:09:05 AM
If I had to guess, I would say that they likely change the flowers of the new Pikmin.

Next screen shot we see may have the Rock Pikmin with Orange flowers instead of blue.

I liked the purple/blue (personally my favorite color), but Orange will make them stand-out more.

Maybe some play-testers at Nintendo said that purple is easy to confuse with pinkż?
#6benatkins_2008Posted 1/23/2013 9:55:39 AM
G-Force88 posted...
The other thing is that they're planning to implement a feature where you can take gameplay screenshots from a Pikmin's-eye view and post them on Miiverse.

Oh hell yeah! I'm definitely gonna be using that a lot!
---
3DS FC: 5069 - 4373 - 2030
NNID: DethBen
#7Ghost-inZeShellPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:16 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
If I had to guess, I would say that they likely change the flowers of the new Pikmin.

Next screen shot we see may have the Rock Pikmin with Orange flowers instead of blue.

I liked the purple/blue (personally my favorite color), but Orange will make them stand-out more.

Maybe some play-testers at Nintendo said that purple is easy to confuse with pinkż?

ORLY?
Well in the new screenshots, the Rock Pikmin still have PURPLE flowers.
[source] http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19116_320770458024930_1194032249_n.png

(yes, I'm well aware that I'm quoting myself)
#8ArtOWarfarePosted 1/23/2013 5:07:30 PM

ORLY?
[source] http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19116_320770458024930_1194032249_n.png

Those are buds. For all we know the purple buds mature into orange flowers.
#9bond007106Posted 1/23/2013 8:06:52 PM
ArtOWarfare posted...

ORLY?

That's very unlikely.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#10Ghost-inZeShellPosted 1/24/2013 3:03:26 AM
bond007106 posted...
ArtOWarfare posted...

ORLY?

That's very unlikely.

I agree.
Purple buds turning into Orange flowers? Please, give me a break.