The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The Game Logo is Different Now.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. The Game Logo is Different Now.
2 years ago#1
Just finished watching the North American Nintendo Direct. Unfortunately, they didn't really show any new gameplay footage. There were only 2 new things I picked up about the game, and neither of them were a very big deal.

First, the logo seems to have tweaked slightly, in that the 3 is made of red flowers now, instead of the blue-violet ones from before. That probably means either that the new Pikmin are gonna have red flowers instead of blue-purple, or that there is another Pikmin type in the game with red flowers that is more significant than the ones we've seen with blue-purple.

The other thing is that they're planning to implement a feature where you can take gameplay screenshots from a Pikmin's-eye view and post them on Miiverse. I'm not terribly excited for that because Pikmin enemies already creeped me out, so getting an actual in-universe, up-close-and-personal view is just so damn far out of my comfort zone.

I'm sorry that there wasn't more to share.
---
Just imagine that you see some really funny quote here.
2 years ago#2
I'm fine with the camera feature.

BTW, you seriously think that is RED?
Looks Orange, IMO.

But lets see what the internet thinks...
2 years ago#3
No, I thought it was orange too.

I'm still a bit curious as to why they changed it.
2 years ago#4
I thought the blueish flowers looked good on both the pink pikmin and the rock pikmin. Hopefully the logo represents another new pikmin type that we have not yet seen.

A while ago, I was thinking about how Pikmin 3 would have Miiverse functionality. I was excited about seeing a whole community of people drawing Pikmin 3 stuff and talking about the game. The camera feature looks pretty damn awesome, although I imagine it could be pretty difficult to take pictures of certain enemies without getting attacked. Did you see the ones of the bulbear getting progressively closer. Yikes.

I was really hoping for more info out of today's presentation, but I enjoyed it anyways. They had some new games to announce and some interesting info on the Wii U system updates.
2 years ago#5
If I had to guess, I would say that they likely change the flowers of the new Pikmin.

Next screen shot we see may have the Rock Pikmin with Orange flowers instead of blue.

I liked the purple/blue (personally my favorite color), but Orange will make them stand-out more.

Maybe some play-testers at Nintendo said that purple is easy to confuse with pinkż?
2 years ago#6
G-Force88 posted...
The other thing is that they're planning to implement a feature where you can take gameplay screenshots from a Pikmin's-eye view and post them on Miiverse.

Oh hell yeah! I'm definitely gonna be using that a lot!
---
3DS FC: 5069 - 4373 - 2030
NNID: DethBen
2 years ago#7
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
If I had to guess, I would say that they likely change the flowers of the new Pikmin.

Next screen shot we see may have the Rock Pikmin with Orange flowers instead of blue.

I liked the purple/blue (personally my favorite color), but Orange will make them stand-out more.

Maybe some play-testers at Nintendo said that purple is easy to confuse with pinkż?

ORLY?
Well in the new screenshots, the Rock Pikmin still have PURPLE flowers.
[source] http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19116_320770458024930_1194032249_n.png

(yes, I'm well aware that I'm quoting myself)
2 years ago#8

ORLY?
[source] http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19116_320770458024930_1194032249_n.png

Those are buds. For all we know the purple buds mature into orange flowers.
2 years ago#9
ArtOWarfare posted...

ORLY?

That's very unlikely.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
2 years ago#10
bond007106 posted...
ArtOWarfare posted...

ORLY?

That's very unlikely.

I agree.
Purple buds turning into Orange flowers? Please, give me a break.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. The Game Logo is Different Now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived