CYOA: The Pikmin Wars Continued... Again

#51Bluebird5555(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:59:18 AM
No? No tiebreaker? Alright, I’ll flip a coin. Heads is Pinxed’s idea and tails is Thyme’s idea *flips a coin* And it’s tails, so I’ll go with Thyme’s idea.

LIBRA

“I’ll need to ask you a few questions. First, where is the Yellow Onion? How much time will it take to reach the nearest pikmin city? What did the pink bugs look like? Did you see anything strange or interesting on your way here, like ship parts from the Dolphin? And do you know this area very well?”

The yellow pikmin answers, “The Yellow Onion is at our city, on top of the plateau. It won’t take too long to reach the yellow city, only about half an hour or so of walking. The bugs are bright pink, have heads larger than their bodies, very small arms and legs, thin clear wings on their backs, bulbous indigo eyes, and blue flowers atop stems attached to their heads. Besides some Bulbmin roaming around the area near the cave, we didn’t see anything strange. And all yellow pikmin know the area surrounding our city very well.”

“Interesting. Very interesting.”

What should Libra do?

A. Ask more questions (please specify)
B. Leave for the yellow city (insert strategy)
C. Stay with Olimar and Fluffy at the ship.
D. Go down into and investigate the cave (insert strategy)

I just realized that I've been mixing up east and west. The forest is to the east, not the west. The mountains are in the west. When Olimar called the Dolphin back it came from the southeast, not the southwest, and the strange pink bugs came from the east, not the west.

I feel like such an idiot now.

LIBRA and Unconscious Olimar
Dwarf Red Bulborb (injured): 1
Ultra-Spicy Sprays: 1
Red: 4
Yellow: 78
Blue: 3
MISSING SHIP PARTS
Whimsical Radar
Interstellar Radio
Guard Satellite
Nova Blaster
Analog Computer
Repair-Type Bolt
DAMAGED SHIP PARTS
Radiation Canopy
Main Engine
Ionium Jet
Omega Stabilizer
Most of the Dolphin
---
Guess what?
Stuff.
#52PinxedPosted 2/20/2013 8:56:23 AM(edited)
Bluebird5555 posted...
I just realized that I've been mixing up east and west. The forest is to the east, not the west. The mountains are in the west. When Olimar called the Dolphin back it came from the southeast, not the southwest, and the strange pink bugs came from the east, not the west.

Wait wait wait... Should I go fix this?

And:

Pinxed posted...
Have the pikmin carry Olimar and Fluffy back to the city. Also right down a map of landmarks while going back to the city so you remember where your ship is.

My original plan still fits, but make sure to have Libra beside Fluffy so it doesn't eat the yellows in fear after waking up (forgot to add it last time).
---
Hobbits are Tolkien minorities.
Official Weavile of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#53Jet_the_hawk79Posted 2/20/2013 9:34:04 AM
Jet_the_hawk79 posted...
Pinxed posted...
Have the pikmin carry Olimar and Fluffy back to the city. Also right down a map of landmarks while going back to the city so you remember where your ship is.

This, but since anything we have that could write down landmarks have probably been destroyed in the crash, ask if the Pikmin have anything.

Still this.
---
Once 1 person has agreed with someone, 5 to 7 more will agree as well. People who agree: 3 People who disagree: 1
http://i.imgur.com/UcrXEHW.png
#54-Thyme-Posted 2/20/2013 3:32:57 PM
...They have stalks and flowers, but the Yellows thought they were bugs?

Anyways, E: Other.
Ask a Yellow to make a map of the area.
Try to get a group of Yellows to go to the city and fly the Onion to the Dolphin.
Look through the logbooks and figure out where you are and any points of interest.

Any word on the transport system?
#55fawful_XPosted 2/21/2013 7:27:18 AM
-Thyme- posted...
...They have stalks and flowers, but the Yellows thought they were bugs?

Anyways, E: Other.
Ask a Yellow to make a map of the area.
Try to get a group of Yellows to go to the city and fly the Onion to the Dolphin.
Look through the logbooks and figure out where you are and any points of interest.

Any word on the transport system?

Also, try to figure out a way to rouse Olimar. Is Louie even still alive?
---
On of the most neutral(est?) of the Generic Neutral Accosiation of complete unofficiality and anonymity.
Rather terrible memory over here.
#56Bluebird5555(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:20:01 PM
Question answering time!

To Pinxed: No, it's fine, I've already made you go through enough hassle

To Thyme: Could you explain or define "emergency transport system"? I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything.

To Fawful: Only time will reveal Louie's fate...
---
Guess what?
Stuff.
#57-Thyme-Posted 2/22/2013 4:46:21 AM
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Leader

When a leader loses all of their health, they become unconscious. In Pikmin, the day ends and all Pikmin that aren't in an Onion die. In Pikmin 2, this only occurs if both leaders faint; otherwise, the Pikmin that were with the leader become idle, and the leader is moved to the ship, where he lies on the floor until the end of the day.
In Pikmin, If Captain Olimar's suit takes too much damage, there will be a cut-scene with him slowly returning to the S.S. Dolphin, in a depressed, perhaps ashamed state. The words "Olimar is down" will then appear onscreen and the day's journal with read as follows:

"I've been careless, sustaining damage beyond my space suit's limits. My crisis transport system saved me, but I lost all of the Pikmin I had with me. I must pay closer mind to my space suit damage meter in the bottom-left corner of the screen. I can press A by the Dolphin to repair my suit."
#58Jet_the_hawk79Posted 2/22/2013 5:12:56 AM
^ Isn't that just the research pod taking them back? And whatever does it is probably destroyed anyway.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening board: The only place I can search my name and find people talking about a psychopathic killer... Oh wait...
#59-Thyme-Posted 2/22/2013 12:50:26 PM
I dunno. As far as I know, the Dolphin doesn't have a research pod.
#60Jet_the_hawk79Posted 2/22/2013 2:16:20 PM
-Thyme- posted...
I dunno. As far as I know, the Dolphin doesn't have a research pod.

The top part of it looks like it could come off, but I'm not sure that it is a research pod.

Anyway, a lot of people think the S.S. Dolphin can't talk, but the Analog computer part memo clearly says that it can, and that it's a bit of a Smart Aleck.

BTW, I can't post a pic of that memo.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening board: The only place I can search my name and find people talking about a psychopathic killer... Oh wait...