Why did they ruin the bulborbs voices?

#1PaperDolphinPosted 2/1/2013 5:32:29 AM
I loved how bulborbs sounded, now they just sound like generic monsters...
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#2Ghost-inZeShellPosted 2/1/2013 9:19:15 AM
I believe you and all, but I didn't notice the difference.
Could you provide links so that we can compare the difference?
#3PaperDolphin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:55:48 AM
Pikmin 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk1I8-alHdo

Pikmin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Ix1h_IQH4
---
#4Ghost-inZeShellPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:35 AM
Thank you. I see what you mean, now.

You are right. The sleeping sounds, the 'alert' sounds, and the general squeaking sounds have all been replaced.

I do agree with you. I prefer the original. I wonder why they would change that?
#5PaperDolphin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:00:55 PM
And even the yawning :(
---
#6YoozayPosted 2/1/2013 2:34:11 PM
Yeah it sucks, they sounded much more menacing before.. ah well. Now they sound more bug like.
---
PSN: ManeaterMiIdred
#7RoccoRedPosted 2/2/2013 10:14:05 AM
I actually like the alert of the Dwarfs, IDK they just sound cute. XD
---
Xbox: KeroTenu
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
#8andydarkPosted 2/9/2013 9:09:48 PM
I feel like the Dwarves still have the old sound. Maybe they just wanted to differentiate between the two sounds more?

...Even though they were fairly distinct.
---
I am a gaymer
Brawl Code: 2277-6333-5282
#9-Jester-Masque-Posted 2/10/2013 1:06:50 AM
I always loved how they sounded in the original games. The Wii versions (at least of the first game) had different voices for them. I always assumed that it was the Japanese sound effects as they are sometimes different.

That said, the new sounds are great. I'm glad that they're new. What I'm less fond of is how they redesigned the iridescent flint beetle. I mean, I like the design just fine, but why has this creature changed so radically? Is there an explanation? Or perhaps, was that just a place-holder name? Based on what we've seen, it appears to behave exactly the same as the flint beetles that we know.
#10MahdiohPosted 2/11/2013 8:20:15 PM
-Jester-Masque- posted...
I always loved how they sounded in the original games. The Wii versions (at least of the first game) had different voices for them. I always assumed that it was the Japanese sound effects as they are sometimes different.

That said, the new sounds are great. I'm glad that they're new. What I'm less fond of is how they redesigned the iridescent flint beetle. I mean, I like the design just fine, but why has this creature changed so radically? Is there an explanation? Or perhaps, was that just a place-holder name? Based on what we've seen, it appears to behave exactly the same as the flint beetles that we know.

Maybe the beetles we've been seeing in the last games are at an early development stage and the Pikmin 3 ones are more mature? I think that would make sense unless something in Olimar's notes contradict that.
---
It's-a me!