A question about Pikmin for GC.

#1-Thyme-Posted 2/5/2013 8:16:44 PM
See, I've just now been able to pick up a copy of Pikmin on the Gamecube, but that board's pretty dead. So, can you cycle through Pikmin before throwing them or do you have to dismiss them with X to select a specific color? And if not, can you in the Wii version?
#2RetroYoshi4191Posted 2/5/2013 8:23:34 PM(edited)
I believe you can cycle through what color and what stage (leaf, bud, flower) of Pikmin you're about to throw using the D-pad on any and all games to date.

(to be more specific, you have to be holding one when you do this. The rest of the Pikmin will shift accordingly)
---
"Invincible. I can't be vinced."
#3-Thyme-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:32:27 PM
Hmm, that didn't work for me. I didn't see anything about it in the manual, so I guess it's just something you can only do in Pikmin 2.
#4saiikoPosted 2/6/2013 7:52:06 AM
The Wii versions of both Pikmin games allowed you to cycle through which Pikmin color to choose as you hold them ready for throwing. I'm not sure about the GC controls.
#5kirbymastahPosted 2/6/2013 12:16:42 PM
you can't cycle in GC version of pikmin 1.
#6marioman1154Posted 2/6/2013 7:41:30 PM
No cycling in Pikmin 1 GCN, cycling through power and color in Pikmin 2 GCN.
---
What if the asteroid that hit the Earth and killed all the dinosaurs was a UFO...and we're the aliens.
#7-Thyme-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:47:01 PM
Ah, okay. I got kinda used to it after playing Pikmin 2 on Wii. It's kinda annoying, but it's still a really fun game. Thanks for all the replies!
#8ninto55Posted 2/9/2013 10:19:34 PM
Why did you buy Pikmin 1 on the gamecube if you played Pikmin 2 on the Wii? Not that there is anything wrong with that, I guess it's probably cheaper, but it just seems like a weird choice.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
"This game tastes like the future." Roo
#9-Jester-Masque-Posted 2/10/2013 1:25:30 AM
ninto55 posted...
Why did you buy Pikmin 1 on the gamecube if you played Pikmin 2 on the Wii? Not that there is anything wrong with that, I guess it's probably cheaper, but it just seems like a weird choice.

The Wii version of the first game is prone to the crushing glitch. I mean, really, really badly. I restarted over and over when I fought the Puffstool and it kept making my pikmin vanish. Eventually I just accepted the losses. Other enemies caused it too, but none as bad as the Puffstool.
#10shadowreaper7Posted 2/10/2013 2:07:27 AM
-Jester-Masque- posted...
ninto55 posted...

The Wii version of the first game is prone to the crushing glitch. I mean, really, really badly. I restarted over and over when I fought the Puffstool and it kept making my pikmin vanish. Eventually I just accepted the losses. Other enemies caused it too, but none as bad as the Puffstool.

I've found the GC Pikmin 1 to actually be worse in terms of the crushing glitch. Swarming is a redundant tactic in pikmin 1 unless you wish to lose a few pikmin.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper