So has it been officially confirmed that multiplayer is cut?

#1mrpants_againPosted 2/10/2013 7:56:08 AM
If so, then boo. I thought Pikmin 2's both competitive and co-op multiplayer worked out really well. Any chance the Big N might reconsider bringing it back?
---
lol
#2ArtOWarfarePosted 2/10/2013 8:30:14 AM
Troll?

To the best of my knowledge they've neither confirmed nor denied that there will be multiplayer.

A thought: Why would they have four captains in the game if they expected to have it so that the max number of players was fewer than four?

Also, when the official Nintendo page for Pikmin 3 first went live, it said:
"Single Player"

However, they've since revised it to "Max Number of Players: To be Determined".

See for yourself here:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/5NLPKm0PujJNXboKgTR5hd_fB5igNwEJ
#3UltraMarcusPosted 2/10/2013 11:56:52 AM
Grrrr. This is a dumb reason to delay it...
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#4mrpants_again(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:35:13 PM
No reason to call troll, nor was I aware of any delay. I don't partiularily play games as often as I used to, so my information is not up to date as others. That's why I asked here. I am interested in this game since I am a fan of the series' past entries.

I had remembered reading that the creators wanted to focus more solely on single player. I was not sure if that was to be interpreted as no multiplayer or what. I was aware of the four captains in the campaign mode though, so that makes sense to keep multiplayer in. I'd just never heard it confirmed one way or the other though, so I was just curious. I am looking forward to this game regardless.
---
lol
#5Boo DestroyerPosted 2/10/2013 1:09:30 PM(edited)
...We hardly know anything about this game.

Except "OMG FANCY HD GRAPHICS CHECK THEM OUT" ~Miyamoto.
#6ArtOWarfarePosted 2/10/2013 2:22:35 PM
mrpants_again posted...
No reason to call troll, nor was I aware of any delay. I don't partiularily play games as often as I used to, so my information is not up to date as others. That's why I asked here. I am interested in this game since I am a fan of the series' past entries.

I thought you might be a troll on account of the way your title doesn't sound like a neutral question, but a question meant to suggest you know there won't be multiplayer and you're looking for people to argue that you can't possibly know.

My apologizes.
#7mrpants_again(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:14:54 PM
No worries. I assumed people wouldn't know much about this title mainly due to the lack of information. I hope some more news regarding the game gets released soon though.
---
lol
#8kirbymastahPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:26 PM
because pikmin is supposed to focus solely on multiplayer, right? Because pikmin 1 totally had multiplayer, right?
#9MahdiohPosted 2/10/2013 10:34:20 PM
I saw a while ago that, while talking about this game, Miyamoto said something along the lines of "the multiplayer is very fun." I think it may still be in. Hopefully.
---
It's-a me!
#10ArtOWarfarePosted 2/11/2013 3:05:41 AM
There's not a doubt in my mind that there will be multiplayer.