Apparently there's three captains, not four.

#1HejiruPosted 4/9/2013 3:32:40 AM
http://nintendoeverything.com/118208/control-and-switch-between-three-captains-in-pikmin-3/

Miyamoto said...
“With Pikmin 3, you’ll have the ability to have three different captains or leaders of Pikmin groups and you can switch between them. So it sort of allows you to approach the game from a much more strategic position. The volume of work that you can get done within the timeframe has increased dramatically. And so that in and of itself really enhances the depth of strategy that’s available to you in that game.”

---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#2MahdiohPosted 4/9/2013 12:18:06 PM
Maybe there will be 4 captains for multiplayer? I don't know. Anyway, I wonder what he meant by "time frame." game time limit like Pikmin 1 or just the individual day clock? I'm sure he's referencing the latter but it could be both.
---
It's-a me!
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/9/2013 12:34:33 PM
Were the four captains in concept art ever shown all together in gameplay? Because if all we had were those drawings, then it's not surprising one got cut.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4Boo DestroyerPosted 4/9/2013 12:52:19 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Were the four captains in concept art ever shown all together in gameplay? Because if all we had were those drawings, then it's not surprising one got cut.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/new-pikmin-3-screenshots-released/
#5MahdiohPosted 4/9/2013 12:56:08 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...

Nope. Only that one drawing was shown. :P

"Captain 4" is probably scrapped. At least for single player mode. It's a shame because I like his design. Oh, well. There's still multiplayer. XD Let's see how it goes!
---
It's-a me!
#6AstralShanePosted 4/9/2013 1:25:33 PM
Pikmin 1 = 1 captain
Pikmin 2 = 2 captains
Pikmin 3 = 3 captains

Keeping the number of captains in line with the game number makes sense.
#7Boo DestroyerPosted 4/9/2013 1:47:21 PM
Why would they drop the fourth guy though? This isn't Rampage.

But if it really is three men, then brilliant, I see what they did there. And they look fine anyway.

Maybe later in the story, some characters will get swapped out for others, like the President replaced Louie in the second half of Pikmin 2.
#8RetroYoshi4191Posted 4/9/2013 3:06:24 PM
Maybe the game will still offer four-player multiplayer, however only have three-player campaign co-op. The fourth player would be Luigi's light blue color scheme from Super Smash Bros Brawl.
---
Where'd you learn to cook, truck driving school?! - Gourmet Guy
#9Pendragon71037Posted 4/9/2013 6:14:31 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
Why would they drop the fourth guy though? This isn't Rampage.

But if it really is three men, then brilliant, I see what they did there. And they look fine anyway.

Maybe later in the story, some characters will get swapped out for others, like the President replaced Louie in the second half of Pikmin 2.

What if one of them were only half a man? (Insert obvious reference here)
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#10SpikayaPosted 4/10/2013 7:18:20 AM
i c wat dey did dar
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.