PNF-404 isn't Earth.

#11PistachioPosted 7/13/2013 5:09:56 PM
It's definitely Earth.
#12NyyarkPosted 7/13/2013 8:15:45 PM
I prefer to think of it as Pokey's chimera infested earth from Mother 3.
#13bond007106Posted 7/13/2013 8:35:55 PM
shayminguy7 posted...
I'm pretty sure Miyamoto said somewhere that the Pikmin planet IS Earth in some future without humans.

That's what people keep citing, but I've done a lot of digging and have yet to come up with any source for such a statement. No news articles, no references to a magazine it might have been in, no interview transcript. Nothing whatsoever.
I suspect that someone just made it up; they wrote somewhere quasi-credible (like a wiki) that Miyamoto had once said that in an interview, and it just snowballed from there.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#14the_ice_phoenixPosted 7/14/2013 6:37:03 AM
bond007106 posted...
shayminguy7 posted...
I'm pretty sure Miyamoto said somewhere that the Pikmin planet IS Earth in some future without humans.

That's what people keep citing, but I've done a lot of digging and have yet to come up with any source for such a statement. No news articles, no references to a magazine it might have been in, no interview transcript. Nothing whatsoever.
I suspect that someone just made it up; they wrote somewhere quasi-credible (like a wiki) that Miyamoto had once said that in an interview, and it just snowballed from there.

I couldn't find any direct evidence, but there's a lot of circumstantial stuff.

See:
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/PNF-404
"The Planet as Earth"

To say that the planet isn't Earth seems pretty far-fetched.
---
If I had a dollar for every time Jesus died for my sins and rose again, I'd have one dollar.
#152wingedangelPosted 7/14/2013 3:19:58 PM
Pikmin

Pkmn

Pokemon

OH MY GOD
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194
#16bond007106Posted 7/14/2013 6:39:52 PM
the_ice_phoenix posted...
bond007106 posted...
shayminguy7 posted...

I couldn't find any direct evidence, but there's a lot of circumstantial stuff.

See:
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/PNF-404
"The Planet as Earth"

Oh, that's not the part I'm refuting. I'm not saying the planet isn't Earth (of course it's Earth, or a fictionalised version thereof, at least).
What I'm saying is, at the time Pikmin 2 at least (we shall have to wait and see if it remains true for Pikmin 3) humans were not extinct. Literally the only 'evidence' for that assertion is that 'quote' from Miyamoto, but there's a good chance he never said any such thing.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#17the_ice_phoenixPosted 7/14/2013 8:56:07 PM
bond007106 posted...
the_ice_phoenix posted...

Oh, that's not the part I'm refuting. I'm not saying the planet isn't Earth (of course it's Earth, or a fictionalised version thereof, at least).
What I'm saying is, at the time Pikmin 2 at least (we shall have to wait and see if it remains true for Pikmin 3) humans were not extinct. Literally the only 'evidence' for that assertion is that 'quote' from Miyamoto, but there's a good chance he never said any such thing.

Oh, I didn't realise!

In that case, I agree. Pikmin 2 certainly seemed to imply that humans were still around at that time, given all the changes that are made to the returning areas from Pikmin 1.
---
If I had a dollar for every time Jesus died for my sins and rose again, I'd have one dollar.