after campaign? what's there to do?

#1eterna777Posted 8/6/2013 12:04:42 PM
i'm going to buy Pikmin 3 either today or tomorrow, i've looked into it enough and my friend has it and says it's really fun

but i'm wondering, after the story campaign, what is there to keep you playing? i don't plan on playing with anyone else, but i like playing solo that's fine to me. but i'm a big fan of replayable types of games, and i hope there's more reasons to play besides story campaign

can anyone shed some light? thanks
#2gnerdusPosted 8/6/2013 12:19:27 PM
Getting 100% in story mode and getting every platinum medal in mission mode (It can be done single player).
#3eterna777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:45:59 PM
cool that sounds alright, i hope it's really challenging hehe, cuz i want this game to last it looks really cool
#4gnerdusPosted 8/6/2013 12:50:32 PM
Getting the platinum medals is really challenging. It took me almost 2 hours of constantly retrying a single challenge to plat it.
#5WayoshiMPosted 8/6/2013 1:02:07 PM
Does platinum mean getting all rewards and all enemies in?

Is there any reward for doing it other than satisfaction? :P
---
I...don't know what to say here. :|
YT - http://www.youtube.com/user/WayoshiM
#6gnerdusPosted 8/6/2013 1:05:52 PM
WayoshiM posted...
Does platinum mean getting all rewards and all enemies in?

Is there any reward for doing it other than satisfaction? :P

I'm pretty sure it's just for satisfaction. If you unlocked anything from it like in Pikmin 2 I'm sure it would be all over the boards by now.
#7Elem187Posted 8/6/2013 1:53:16 PM
The game is immensely replayable.. even when done with the story you have mission mode medals to obtain.... Even after you get platinum you can challenge yourself to get a higher score in relation to everyone else using the online leader boards.

It took me 4 hours of constantly retrying to finally get a platinum on thirsty desert, but I noticed my score of 4200 was pretty paltry compared to others, so I want to do better.

I think the replay value in this game is the continously rehoning and developing your strategy and being able to multitask with multiple captains.... Kinda like how replayable Starcraft was, although Starcraft series cannot hold a candle to Pikmin 3.
#8Elem187Posted 8/6/2013 1:55:24 PM
Also don't forget, Miyamoto is going to put out some DLC for the game.. knowing how Nintendo does DLC (NSMBU), the amount of content they give out in DLC should be insane.

I'm hoping for a master quest and several new mission mode and bingo maps.