is the DLC worth it?

#1GigerSupremePosted 11/21/2013 12:34:55 PM
always been against DLC in general, but unless if its actually worth it.

is it worth it in pikmin?

what am i getting exactly?
#2saiikoPosted 11/22/2013 7:04:12 AM
If you enjoyed the treasure and battle maps that came with the game, then you expect far MORE challenging maps from the DLC. The only reason I wouldn't recommend these two DLCs packs would be if you felt absolutely no joy and just frustration in playing mission mode. Upon updating you should've been given two free maps, so gauge your interest from them. I will say though you might feel overwhelmed and unable to platinum things at first. Yes, there is frustration, but you also feel quite rewarded when you figure out strategies on how to complete tasks more efficiently.

Plus, these packs are $2 for four maps. You really can't go wrong with that when you enjoy the game.
#3saiikoPosted 11/22/2013 7:09:25 AM
^--- forgot to answer you directly...

The DLC treasure maps are remixes of the other treasure maps. Although they reuse the same map, they certainly feel fresh and different.

The DLC battle enemies are also remixes, but are based on the maps from story mode. They are relatively huge despite based on certain sections. Unlike the first DLC, these are very challenging maps.

To say the least, I certainly feel both are worth it. Again though, if you didn't have fun with the original maps, then probably no. I'm eagerly awaiting the third pack which will be entirely new plus additional leaders!
#4RazumPosted 11/23/2013 9:41:48 PM
I don't really think that the free dlc was a great indication of the paid dlc. I was able to platinum 1-6 (originals and the free dlc) on both treasure and battle with little to no problems. I don't think I've managed a gold yet on 7-10. They're great, but quite a bit tougher.
---
3DS FC - 2406-5149-2592
UMvC 3 Teams: Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer - Haggar/Shuma/Felicia
#5GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:00:23 AM
but are they worth it?
#6thealmightydibPosted 12/2/2013 9:13:28 AM
They're cheaper than fire emblem dlc and offer much more. That comparison makes them worth it to me.
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
3DS FC - 2363 5791 6085