Why wasn't this game popular?

#1super_luigi16Posted 3/19/2014 6:38:20 AM
Pikmin is a really good series (and, by extension, Pikmin 3 is a good game), but, even when it was the only game worth getting on the Wii U, it didn't have much popularity. Why don't more people appreciate Pikmin? =/
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | ACNL FAQ/Walkthrough | Various Reviews
#2RatooeyPosted 3/19/2014 1:20:15 PM
Because it's not a shooter, RPG, platformer, or sports game. It's just...one of a kind...
#3teh1337gosuPosted 3/26/2014 5:04:12 PM
Yes it doesn't fit into a genre, perhaps light RTS/adventure.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#4MagnemightPosted 3/26/2014 8:43:38 PM
It's not a traditional RTS, but RTS is a pretty appropriate description of how the gameplay works.

Action-RTS?

either way Pikmin is just kind've a niche series
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Check out the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#5EggmanChaoPosted 4/3/2014 3:35:45 PM
Pikmin 2 and up was a downer. Pikmin's flaw was the underground levels, which restricted population control. Pikmin 3 rectified this, but pikmin lacked what Pikmin 1 and 2 had, replay value.

Lets some it up:

Pikmin 1 was perfect, plenty of gameplay, and plenty of replay value. The Challenge Mission was about everything pikmin needed. Get your population up. Killing things, etc.

Pikmin 2 was bad, everything was underground, and removed what pikmin was all about. Secondly, the challenge maps were replaced with underground treasure hunting, rather than your typical go out and about killing and making your population control. the game also started to use dynamic spawning a bit, which may have made pikmin 1's challenge mode stronger and better, randomizing the spawns, enemies, and thus changing your strategy.

Pikmin 3 was horrific replace value wise. Same as pikmin 2, but instead you have fruits to salvage. Again, no population control, so therefor when you lose pikmin, they are gone forever.

Pikmin was the best of the series, hands down. Pikmin 2 was the best of mechanics, hands down, Pikmin 3 was the best graphics hands down.

Combine all 3 and you just might make a really good pikmin 4 game.
#6ViniciusFernandPosted 4/3/2014 5:09:02 PM
Because it's good and weird(according to most gamers). If you like Pikmin try Little King's Story for the Wii, it like pikmin, and it's better in a lot of aspects.
#7NeutronStar256Posted 4/6/2014 2:19:26 PM
I've always thought Pikmin was very underrated. All three of the games are some of the best games I've ever played, yet they aren't talked about often. It's one of those "unsung hero" things, it seems. If anyone's reading this that's never played a Pikmin game, get one. Doesn't matter which because you'll want the others once you start playing. These games are true masterpieces. Hopefully Smash Bros will succeed in making the series more popular. Propaganda is what Pikmin needs the most
---
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
#8VanderZooPosted 4/30/2014 11:08:08 AM
I don't think smash helps, olimar is a strange character to use and I think it only furthers to alienate people from the franchise, it's just a little too niche and quirky to be a big seller.
#9Crums44Posted 5/1/2014 6:06:08 AM
The big issue with it is the fact that it's on the Wii U. I don't know many Wii U owners who don't own Pikmin, but I also don't know many people who own a Wii U.
---
3DS FC: 4339-2499-3802 Friend Safari: Gogoat, Pansage, Swadloon
SSB Main: Yoshi! Isaac (Golden Sun) and Ghirahim for SSB4!
#10TullyBlanchardPosted 5/1/2014 11:09:47 AM
Because it's Pikmin - a series that most people tend to ignore, yet keeps being thrust to the forefront by Nintendo.

Kind of like Rayman and Ubisoft.
---
Follow Me! @Dagatassy - Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy