Shortest amount of days you beat Pikmin 1 & 2?

#1WesfanboyneverPosted 8/2/2011 2:52:54 AM
Pikmin 1-11 Days-Wii Version
Pikmin 2-20 Days-GCN Version

I'm aiming to work on improving my Pikmin 2 run.
---
What's to say really?
#2Sparx401Posted 8/2/2011 3:59:13 AM
Pikmin 1 (GCN) --> 9 Days (currently attempting an 8-day run)
Pikmin 2 (GCN) --> 8 Days

Oddly enough, doing an 8-day run in Pikmin 2 is way easier, at least IMO anyway, than an 8 or 9 day run in Pikmin 1. The reason? Harvesting at least 90 blue pikmin during Day 3 of the Forest Navel while getting a good amount of ship parts, and then complete ALL of the Distant Spring on Day 4. It sounds ludicrous, but it's possible and doable.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#3Wesfanboynever(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 4:02:15 AM
Sparx401 posted...
Pikmin 1 (GCN) --> 9 Days (currently attempting an 8-day run)
Pikmin 2 (GCN) --> 8 Days

Oddly enough, doing an 8-day run in Pikmin 2 is way easier, at least IMO anyway, than an 8 or 9 day run in Pikmin 1. The reason? Harvesting at least 90 blue pikmin during Day 3 of the Forest Navel while getting a good amount of ship parts, and then complete ALL of the Distant Spring on Day 4. It sounds ludicrous, but it's possible and doable.

Wow you're awesome. Also I thought the Pikmin 2 speedrun record was 9 Days? Looks like you're the new winner.

Thanks for the tips. Any tips for the 8 Day Pikmin 2 run? Sounds really challenging.
---
What's to say really?
#4JigpuffPosted 8/2/2011 4:14:12 AM
Also I thought the Pikmin 2 speedrun record was 9 Days?

Pikmin 2 has always been 8 Days.

And yeah, 8 Day Pikmin 2 is way easier than 9 day Pikmin 1 (not even considering 8 day >_>). In a speedrun I did, I finished Days 2/4/5/6 with over half the day left, and Days 3/7/8 with only a little over halfway gone. I guess it's a consequence of focusing more on the caves.
---
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MilesSMB/
#5Sparx401Posted 8/2/2011 4:20:25 AM(edited)
The honor of Pikmin 2 speed demon goes to Jigpuff / MilesSMB. You can watch his run on Speed Demos Archive; he does it in 8 days, but completes the game way faster (according to the in-game clock). Also, a good handful of people can do an 8-day run, so it's not nearly as hard as one might think.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the speed runner guy >_>

As far as the 8-day Pikmin 1 challenge:

Day 1 - Impact Site (normal)

Day 2 - Forest of Hope (unlock Forest Navel)

Day 3 - Forest Navel (get 90 or so blue pikmin, get 5-6 parts in the area)

Day 4 - Distant Spring (collect everything); you're basically required to do a glitch that allows you to get the Chronos Reactor without using candypop buds and insane multi-tasking and timing skills. You need to do the Distant Spring on day 4, because that's the only time where swooping snitchbugs and a particularly annoying puffy blowhog don't appear. What this means is that you need to harvest all those blues the previous day at the Forest Navel, since you won't have the luxury of going immediately back to the Impact Site for mass production. Here's a video from the guy who discovered the aforementioned glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk2QL0anSXc

Day 5 - Finish Impact Site

Day 6 - Finish Forest Navel

Day 7 - Finish Forest of Hope

Day 8 - Finish Final Trial

I think Days 5-7 can be done in any order. I usually finish the Forest of Hope first before finishing the Forest Navel. So far, Day 3 is being a pain, and I know I'll lose my sanity attempting to do Day 4.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#6IFJ4everPosted 8/2/2011 5:51:55 AM
Pikmin 1: 17
Pikmin 2: 30ish
Not that great, but I don't play for speed :P
#7ShenkomiPosted 8/2/2011 10:54:14 AM
I think I've finished NPC Pikmin in 13 days, whereas I've completed Pikmin 2 in 15. Really, it should've been 13, but I had to go back to the Valley of Repose to get some more dang Purple Pikmin.

I don't really know if I'm ready for a 9-day run of Pikmin or an 8-day run of Pikmin 2. I s'pose it'd be easier to run through those games faster if I didn't harvest all of the enemies after killing them... In Pikmin 2, I ended the game with about 650 Pikmin. Herp derp.
#8OathToOblivionPosted 8/2/2011 11:13:21 AM
Pikmin 1 - 14 days
Pikmin 2 - 23 days

With Pikmin 2, the only excuse I have is that this is my first playthrough of the game. I only got it 2 months ago and I have issues with some of the caves.
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#9AugustDreamingPosted 8/10/2011 12:53:35 AM
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think I've done them in about 14 days each.
---
Poke White FC ( August ): 2193 7378 8062
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams - My Let's Play Channel!
#10SSBMaster11Posted 8/11/2011 11:01:03 AM
Pikmin 1-9 days. (I've been meaning to try 8 for a while now, but never get around to it)
Pikmin 2-I think around 36. I only played completely through it once, when it first came out. I didn't like it nearly as much as 1, so I never put much effort in it.
---
CM scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(!) Overall: 1178
"Everyone loves FPS and nothing else. Gaming world sucks nowadays." -blinkfreak