I've got the trial but still undecided on it tbh.

#1Jim CaviezelPosted 9/19/2012 4:21:02 AM
Can't really get a grasp of how much depth it actually has. How long will it be? etc etc
---
JC
#2CarpetfluffPosted 9/19/2012 4:30:02 AM
Yep. I'm not sure yet. It plays okay, even if it looks like a game that wandered in from the PC a decade ago. Can't make up my mind. I like that I'm not having to smash barrels and chests every two steps, but will that make the loot limited?
#3Jim Caviezel(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 4:30:58 AM
Yeah. Thinking about it I haven't even seen a barrel to smash.
---
JC
#4CarpetfluffPosted 9/19/2012 4:36:06 AM(edited)
Jim Caviezel posted...
Yeah. Thinking about it I haven't even seen a barrel to smash.

There are barrels. You can't smash them. Heh.
#5BlazingxPaddlesPosted 9/19/2012 5:47:35 AM
How is the gameplay?
#6Jim Caviezel(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 6:52:49 AM
Well, after playing the trial extensively I'm not going to bother with it. Seems quite mediocre tbh and somewhat excessively rough around the edges.
---
JC
#7CarpetfluffPosted 9/19/2012 8:50:26 AM(edited)
BlazingxPaddles posted...
How is the gameplay?

It's okay, but it's all very generic. By which I don't mean it's bad, but it really doesn't do anything that other games do and do better. There doesn't seem to be much exploration outside of the odd branch in a path and the combat is solid, but a bit dull and easy. The special moves aren't very special. Visually it's more along the lines of an old PC Baldur's Gate than what we've come to expect lately. The quests in the trial are the usual stuff and then you head off and every few steps the enemies spot you and charge en masse.

It's one of those games, I can't bring myself to feel strongly about either way. It won't bring in the loot crazies, because there isn't much, and they'll all be playing Borderlands 2 anyway.

On a quiet week when it gets chopped in half price wise in a sale, I'll still pick it up. Sorry about the ramble, was just typing as a train of thought.
#8BlazingxPaddlesPosted 9/19/2012 9:49:03 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'll likely wait for a dotw, Borderlands has my attention right now.
#9KennymiesterPosted 9/30/2012 10:03:50 PM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Thanks for the reply, I'll likely wait for a dotw, Borderlands has my attention right now.

Dotw?
---
What it is.
#10thunderbonePosted 10/1/2012 12:27:12 PM
I'm a bit pissed-off. I don't mind games without hand-holding, but this thing just drops you into a pit and expects you to climb out! HTF do I save my game???