Seems some overly critical for $15 game.

#1SpookyXPosted 4/25/2012 6:06:27 AM
I know that there are going to be people that will say that price should not factor into a review or criticism of a game but it just seems that people are judging this as if it were a $60 game and should measure up to one. I think this is because the initial impression of the game graphics and presentation appears to be that of a full retail game so people are judging it the same. Does anyone else feel that?
#2turboreconPosted 4/25/2012 6:14:11 AM
Yeah i agree with you. But the difficultly and checkpoint system needs a patch. There's no way to casually play this game to enjoy the story and combat. Big mistake.
#3SpookyX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 6:19:39 AM
Well I think they did the difficulty/checkpoint issue was to inflate game length and also make it more like a "arcade" style game. I think the problem is that it goes for the more hardcore arcade gamer who enjoy games like Super Meat Boy, Alien Hominid, etc.
#4turboreconPosted 4/25/2012 6:40:01 AM
Good point, but i still think they should have offered multiple difficulty levels.
#5Altered_RockPosted 4/25/2012 10:12:08 AM(edited)
Umm you've played Sine Mora right?

You're wrong, 15 dollar games are fully capable of being incredible games, and It's getting a little pathetic seeing people defend bad games because "Hey it was only 15 bucks".

There are games with 10 times this quality for only 5 bucks, so that really kills your argument.

Also, maybe I'm just not with the times, but hearing someone refer to Flash based games from newgrounds as "hardcore" is just baffling. I don't dislike Super Meat Boy or Alien Hominid but they're clearly casual friendly games that are geared visually towards a younger audience. True difficulty isn't seen until you start getting into games like Hard Corps. Uprising or Bangai-O (games that might ACTUALLY fit the "hardcore" bill, and are readily available on Xbox live).
#6Man_called_WarPosted 4/25/2012 12:09:50 PM
Yeah what Altered_Rock said. While I agree a $15 game shouldn't be judged compared to a full retail release, this game is lacking by the standards set by other $15 and even some $10 arcade titles. Looking at games like the Dishwasher games, Trials, Bastion, Castle Crashers and other top tier arcade games the argument that it's cheap so its flaws can be excused doesn't hold much weight.
---
Even a stopped clock, tells the right time, twice a day.
#7M_LivePosted 4/25/2012 12:47:12 PM
A good game is a good game though, regardless of price. If a game is poorly made, it's a poorly made game. A game shouldn't get excused for being BAD because it's a budget title.
---
http://soundcloud.com/marcostaz
Cause there's a thin line between genius and insane, Guess which one I am
#8builder111Posted 4/25/2012 1:04:12 PM
not to mention you can pick up tons of great retail games for around the same price, well until DD only takes over
#9master_rosePosted 4/28/2012 6:42:07 AM
Altered_Rock posted...
Umm you've played Sine Mora right?

You're wrong, 15 dollar games are fully capable of being incredible games, and It's getting a little pathetic seeing people defend bad games because "Hey it was only 15 bucks".

There are games with 10 times this quality for only 5 bucks, so that really kills your argument.

Also, maybe I'm just not with the times, but hearing someone refer to Flash based games from newgrounds as "hardcore" is just baffling. I don't dislike Super Meat Boy or Alien Hominid but they're clearly casual friendly games that are geared visually towards a younger audience. True difficulty isn't seen until you start getting into games like Hard Corps. Uprising or Bangai-O (games that might ACTUALLY fit the "hardcore" bill, and are readily available on Xbox live).

^Has never played Super Meat Boy or Alien Hominid.

Those are hard on the computer, forget trying it with joysticks.
---
GT:Sundalius
This is minecraft. Why would you want to deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up