YGO Pro: Dawn of a New Era

#1Narutokun1Posted 7/8/2012 6:05:51 AM
What do you all think of it? In a way, it's a automatic version of DN, which means no Reborn being negated by MST c:
---
Ware wa meshia nari! Hahahaha!
DN Name:Kuanagi
#2ALLENO31Posted 7/8/2012 10:05:02 AM
can i have a link???
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
#3Narutokun1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 3:05:54 PM
Oh yes you can :)

Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxml_hM2KFE&feature=related

Game itself:http://battlecitykc.webs.com/ygoprodawnofanewera.htm

It's has bugs, but I expect that c:
---
Ware wa meshia nari! Hahahaha!
DN Name:Kuanagi
#4ALLENO31Posted 7/8/2012 6:35:30 PM
ok thanks i will check it out
---
if you want to join the Bar With No Name just PM me :)
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s464/ALLENO31/churchsign.jpg
#5aerisfanboyPosted 7/8/2012 10:53:54 PM(edited)
Once you automate a Yu-Gi-Oh! game, you add unnecessary flaws to it, simply because SEGOC exists.

Tell me what happens when you mill 2 cards through a card cost/effect:
1. Milled Dandylion first, Wulf second.
2. Milled Wulf first, Dandylion second.

Tell me what happens when you discard 2 cards through a card effect:
1. Snoww first, then Goldd.
2. Goldd first, then Snoww.

Last but not least, not SEGOC, but something similar. When you attack with GBs, at the end of the Battle Phase, do you get to choose which GB you wanna shuffle in first?

Classic Example:
Laquari and Retiari attacked. Any good Yu-Gi-Oh! player uses 2 Laquari / 1 Retiari. The moment it forces you to shuffle Laquari in first, then it's flawed.

SEGOC is a mechanic that game systems were never able to get rid of. I haven't tried YGOPro yet, but if the level of automation is Tag Force / WCT level (meaning it doesn't fix the main flaw of an automated Yu-Gi-Oh! game), I probably won't be touching it anytime soon.

Would rather remain as an admin on DN so that I can increase my ruling knowledge. Don't get me wrong, most DN questions are still stupid stuff like "Does MST negate Heavy Storm?" or "Does Rescue Rabbit bypass Fiendish Chain / Skill Drain?". But every once in a while, there will be an interesting question that really tests your ruling knowledge.
---
Currently playing - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5, Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Dueling Network username: aerisfanboy
#6yano88Posted 7/9/2012 10:41:47 AM
man this thing is good!

Tried it today... Wow... It's nice for a change to not have to manipulate my LP manually!

Also there is YGO Pro anime which enables you to duel with LOTS of anime-only cards like Seal of Orichalcos, Legendary Dragons and tons more!

Cool stuff!
#7KoyorimonPosted 7/13/2012 12:08:13 AM
What does "SEGOC" stand for? From your examples I assume it has to do with when multiple effects activate at the same time (like in your gladiator beast example), so you pick the order in which they activate, and that games like Tag Force just auto-choose the order. (Like how a few times in tag duels with my waifu (Misty), we had an Evil Dragon Ananta and a Tiras on the field, and the opponents had nothing, so fortunately, Ananta's effect activated first, so I could target Tiras while she still had a material card, instead of wasting a card on our field, or worse yet, Tiras, if her effect activated before Ananta's.)

aerisfanboy posted...
Once you automate a Yu-Gi-Oh! game, you add unnecessary flaws to it, simply because SEGOC exists.

I suppose I have to ask if in the case of being sent to the cemetery with a forced order, does the player get to choose the activation order? Or do they activated based on which fall in first? (Ie: Dandylion falls in first, then Wulf, so Dandy activates, then Wulf chains to it, so Wulf hits the field first.) Unfortunately, I don't know specific "official" rulings on situational occurrences such as these, unless I have encountered them in the video game myself, or read it off of ( http://yugioh-wiki.net/index.php?%A5%C8%A5%C3%A5%D7%A5%DA%A1%BC%A5%B8). Personally, I would assume that the order they dropped into the cemetery would decide the order in which they activate, since it's not like say Black Rose Dragon blew up the field and I chose the order in which my cards were sent to the cemetery. (In that case, actually, who chooses the order for the opponent's destroyed cards being sent, and the order of effects?)
Since both effects are forced, it's not a question of missing the timing, but whether or not one fills up the field not allowing the other to summon. Or a matter of only being able to chain to the activation of the second one.

In the case of Snow and Gold, I would again assume that the order the player decided to discard the cards would dictate the order of activation. Unless the ruling is that regardless of the specific order the cards in the happening, as long as the activations are at the same time, the turn player gets to decide the order.
#8aerisfanboyPosted 7/13/2012 10:56:06 PM
Koyorimon posted...
What does "SEGOC" stand for? From your examples I assume it has to do with when multiple effects activate at the same time (like in your gladiator beast example), so you pick the order in which they activate, and that games like Tag Force just auto-choose the order.

aerisfanboy posted...

I suppose I have to ask if in the case of being sent to the cemetery with a forced order, does the player get to choose the activation order? Or do they activated based on which fall in first? (Ie: Dandylion falls in first, then Wulf, so Dandy activates, then Wulf chains to it, so Wulf hits the field first.) Unfortunately, I don't know specific "official" rulings on situational occurrences such as these, unless I have encountered them in the video game myself, or read it off of ( http://yugioh-wiki.net/index.php?%A5%C8%A5%C3%A5%D7%A5%DA%A1%BC%A5%B8). Personally, I would assume that the order they dropped into the cemetery would decide the order in which they activate, since it's not like say Black Rose Dragon blew up the field and I chose the order in which my cards were sent to the cemetery. (In that case, actually, who chooses the order for the opponent's destroyed cards being sent, and the order of effects?)
Since both effects are forced, it's not a question of missing the timing, but whether or not one fills up the field not allowing the other to summon. Or a matter of only being able to chain to the activation of the second one.

In the case of Snow and Gold, I would again assume that the order the player decided to discard the cards would dictate the order of activation. Unless the ruling is that regardless of the specific order the cards in the happening, as long as the activations are at the same time, the turn player gets to decide the order.

SEGOC stands for Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain. Simply put, any time multiple triggers are met at the same time, the activation order will go like this:
1. Turn player's mandatory effects
2. Opponent's mandatory effects
3. Turn player's optional effects
4. Opponent's optional effects

So for the Dandylion/Wulf case, even though one landed in the grave "first", they are all considered sent to the grave at the same time. So regardless of which entered the grave first, you can choose which to be Chain Link 1 and which to be Chain Link 2.

Same goes for the Snoww/Goldd case. Putting Goldd as Chain Link 1 and Snoww as Chain Link 2 will allow Goldd to bypass Solemn Warning, as Solemn Warning has to chain to an effect that SSes. Putting it the other way will allow Goldd to bypass Bottomless Trap Hole, as the last thing to happen is the searching of a card and not the SS of Goldd, ie. Bottomless Trap Hole misses the timing to activate.

Simply put, an automated game will suffice if you are interested in watching animations of cards and are willing to look past some flaws. However, once you play out more and more games, you'll start to see specific scenarios that would have given you a win rather than a loss had the chain order be decided manually instead of automatically.

To round off, another common scenario. Rai-Oh on field, Snoww and Grahpa in hand, Card Destruction activated. Grapha as Link 2 will allow Snoww to search a card.
---
Currently playing - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5, Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
Dueling Network username: aerisfanboy