What is with the music in this game?

#1R i c kPosted 12/27/2011 4:24:30 PM
A game based on music, with music perfectly matched to the user's preference (it's THEIR music) and yet the music is garbage? Maybe it's my system but everything gets pulled to bass the more overall "music" there is. For example, if there's a part with nothing but a little treble it plays fine. Or if there's a little mid-range or a little bass, whatever, it plays fine. If there's like a medium amount of bass, mid and treble, everything shifts slightly to bass and the treble gets down out. If the music is full volume over all frequencies NOTHING plays except the bass. It sounds like there's a child playing with my EQ while I'm playing. It's god-awful. Is this on purpose? Adjusting volume for the purpose of the game makes sense but the EQ? Is this just my system? I've heard people complain about "ducking" but that's not what this is. I turned the SFX off and I have a dedicated amp powering two passive speakers. They sound great with Winamp and everything else. Just not this game...
---
"We won. We must have been right". - Aeon Flux
#2R i c k(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2011 11:57:57 PM
K, figured it out. There was some conflicting ideas on fixing the audio issues but if you've got funky audio you can fix it by just making sure both the music volume and SFX volume are below 5. I think I have mine at 4 and 3 right now, respectively, and the audio sounds fine. Windows volume can be whatever and speaker volume can be whatever but just don't put the game audio sliders above 5 or it gets distorted. Since I fixed the audio, this game as instantly become awesome, lol.
---
"We won. We must have been right". - Aeon Flux