Anyone still here?

#1LeQuack147Posted 8/9/2008 8:52:37 PM
As late as I found out, this game is pretty good.

The campaign gets ridiculous near the end, but it's fun.
---
It's an online retail store with pre-order options; they'd tell you Halo 3 was coming out tomorrow if it would make them a quick buck. - Agamemnon485bc
#2Fenrir the WolfPosted 8/10/2008 11:54:00 AM
Indeed. I've replayed this so many times that I know what to do in pretty much every level. <_<
---
Vim. Vi. Venci.
Account now under old management!
#3LeQuack147(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2008 2:38:53 PM
Any suggestions for Hamburger hill then?
So far my best plan seems to be using the gigants from that other mission to beat the hell out of the enemy power supplies. But then they still overwhelm me about 30 seconds away from victory.

I'm doing pretty well on the northern route, but the middle and southern routes have stopped me for the longest time.

Still, I'm having a blast with this.
---
It's an online retail store with pre-order options; they'd tell you Halo 3 was coming out tomorrow if it would make them a quick buck. - Agamemnon485bc
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 8/10/2008 6:10:10 PM
What I do is just camp on the Studson Bomb sites. Surround your host station with Level 2 flak towers as well as some Tigers and whatnot to shoot down the Hetzel invasions, load bombers and other anti-tank units on the southern bomb stations, and put anti-aircraft and other units on the northern bomb sites. Keep your squadrons organized so you can reinforce them easily, and shoot everything that comes at you while waiting for the timer to hit zero.
---
Vim. Vi. Venci.
#5LeQuack147(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2008 3:22:35 PM
lol...found the better flak towers just after I made it through.
Sorry to bug you again, but any hints for those 1 sector wide corridor missions? Even a falcon going at top speed doesn't make it to the enemy's base.
---
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 8/11/2008 3:49:13 PM
Are you on the Sulgulgar (or however it's spelled) one? I don't remember if there's another corridor mission.

In that level I usually bring along some Bronstejins from that level where you're allowed to make them, and then I blow up the first station. Once it's out of the way, the other two get much easier because you have breathing room to conquer more territory.

Unfortunately this will only work if you have Bronstejins, which you probably don't. Next time you play through the game create 50 or so of them before you leave that level. Then you can go back there and pick up a few whenever you need them. <_<

I'd create a bunch of useless enemies to distract them or something and snipe the enemy base from afar with the Rhino.
---
Vim. Vi. Venci.
#7LeQuack147(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2008 7:25:41 PM
"Sulogs fine thread". There's 1 other corridor mission I forget the name of. It makes no sense that you can't make more when you go back into that level...
well, I guess I'll do that next time.

I'll see if I can rush it with warhammers.
---
#8Fenrir the WolfPosted 8/12/2008 2:27:50 PM
Rush it with Tigers or something, as the Sulgogars will generally outdo you in aerial combat. And like I said, do some long range bombardment in a Rhino.
---
Vim. Vi. Venci.
#9LeQuack147(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2008 7:08:26 PM
Phew, got through all the missions. After I got the the couple I was stuck on, I breezed through the rest of em. I've beaten everything.

But I don't see an ending or anything...odd. Did I do something wrong?
---
#10Fenrir the WolfPosted 8/16/2008 7:33:58 PM
Summary of the ending:

Host Station Lady: Yay you destroyed the parasite! Go you!

Game Creators: lol u beet teh game!

I'm serious, too. <_< You can find the videos on the CD if the game won't play them.