Would it be possible...

#1LeQuack147Posted 7/9/2010 8:30:33 PM
I was thinking about this game, and how the Stoudson bomb tops everything because nothing can survive the wall of fire from the explosion. I was thinking, since only the wall of fire is actually dangerous, could you teleport your host station past the wall, to the part that's already been hit? In theory, your host station would survive. You'd have to have enough stored energy to make a power plant afterward, though.
---
Dude, that's what the shotgun does. It spreads. Everyone knows that. >_> - Ganon007
I'm gonna update my fist to your face. - Ivan The Gamer
#2The_DeskPosted 7/14/2010 9:27:26 AM
I know that I've thought of this before, but i can't remember if i actually tried it. I'll have to reinstall it later and give it a shot.
#3LeQuack147(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 7:13:39 PM
It'd be difficult, I've determined that much. You'd probably need to jump perpendicularly to the blast wave for the best chance of success. You'd need some units to show the path of the wave...

Considering there's a short delay between the command and the jump, you MIGHT be able to do it by jumping to a power station just as the wave destroys it, but I've never had a target station be destroyed mid-jump, so I don't know how well that'd work.

It has some interesting implications though. All the tech upgrades would be gone... but so would all the enemies except whoever detonated the station,
but their power supply would be gone (iirc), so you could just build a new one and wear them down through a war of attrition.
---
Dude, that's what the shotgun does. It spreads. Everyone knows that. >_> - Ganon007
I'm gonna update my fist to your face. - Ivan The Gamer
#4More_DakkaPosted 8/3/2010 9:29:13 PM

Unfortunately- I remember trying this once. :P

It didn't work- my host station spontaneously combusted even though I teleported quite a ways past the red wall. :P (almost to where the bomb itself had been- a location the wall had long since passed by)