Namco Bandai NEEDS to cancel the Saint Seiya Omega game.

#1LittlejefferyPosted 8/2/2012 9:57:54 AM
Namco Bandai needs to cancel the Saint Seiya Omega game and focus on the sequel to THIS game which will hopefully have BOTH the Asgard and Poseidon story arcs. Not only is Saint Seiya Omega a horrible anime, but most people that watch it dislike the anime. Another reason to cancel the Saint Seiya Omega game is because most Saint Seiya games that have ever been made are based on the Sanctuary story arc. We need more variety in Saint Seiya games ( give us the Asgard, Poseidon, and Hades story arcs already). I would love to hear your thoughts.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#2Regurk_AbasPosted 8/2/2012 11:09:30 AM
If they cancel it it won't mean they'll replace it for another SS game, it could very well mean they won't work on more SS games for a very long time, because they're lazy when it comes to Saint Seiya. "lol let's give them another sanctuary game, we can recycle the dialogues and just upgrade the story scenes to make them HD".

The next game from the original series will probably be a complete Hades game, 'cause they can recycle stuff from the PS2 game.
#3kronos96Posted 8/2/2012 7:49:25 PM
Saint seiya has so much potential as a game that it's kinda lame what they are releasing. This game is not bad at all but it could have been so much better. I think they should make it an RPG with fighting elements next time. That genre fits saint seiya better instead of simple fighters or brawlers.
#4tehdudPosted 8/3/2012 3:23:56 AM
I think they should make it an RPG with fighting elements next time. That genre fits saint seiya better instead of simple fighters or brawlers.

i agree. a saint seiya RPG would be dam cool
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#5Littlejeffery(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 11:36:01 AM
I'm getting tired of all the Saint Seiya games that revolve around the Sanctuary arc. We have yet to get a Saint Seiya game that is based on the Asgard/Poseidon story arc. Although a Saint Seiya Hades game was released for ps2 in both Japan and Europe, the PS2 is not region free so we cannot import and enjoy that game. Namco Bandai needs to stop being LAZY and give us a Saint Seiya game that is NOT a Sanctuary game or Saint Seiya Omega. I feel that it is a HUGE waste that Namco Bandai is working on a Saint Seiya Omega game when they could be working on a Asgard/Poseidon sequel (especially considering that Saint Seiya Omega isn't good to begin with).
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#6FOiNeCrEwXPosted 8/3/2012 7:03:29 PM
Not into RPG. Too slow for me.
---
*** Owner Turbo DSM.... Got BoOsT ? ***
#78824Posted 8/4/2012 8:24:53 AM
One of the biggest problems with Saint Seiya games is the USA.
Not the country itself (of course) but how popular (or not popular) the franchise is in there, and in the anime-game market this means a lot (everyone knows the USA has a huge consumer market).
Animes that are popular in Japan and USA, at the same time, have lots of games (lots of them quite unecessary) like DBZ and Naruto.
Just look at One Piece as an example, Kaizoku Musou sold very well in Japan and was the first PS3 (next gen) game released for that anime, when that happened DBZ and Naruto already had 4 and 3 games for the PS3 (remember, One Piece as of now is the most popular anime/manga in production in Japan).

The PS2 Saint Seiya games sold pretty bad (I think way under 100k each), and the Hades game was released for torrent (and that kind of stuff) way before it's official release, that ruined it's sales (remember some european countries are in the top of games piracy, and that game was only official released in Europe and Japan/Asia).

Thankfully, the new game sold quite well (compared to it's predecessors, and even compared to some other anime games), thanks to it being a better game, to the PS3 not being a PS2 in therms of piracy and the Latin America release (where Saint Seiya is pretty strong, here in Brazil it's the #1 anime).

------
About the Omega game, we cannot say it's taking place of a Saint Seiya Senki sequel since we don't know it's developper, it can be another company, Namco Bandai only published SS Senki while Dimps developped it.
And being an Omega game or not, it's very good to Saint Seiya as a franchise that they are releasing another game.
#8sarris98Posted 8/10/2012 8:17:38 AM
Like the previous poster said,it's probably not even by Dimps,so there isn't any harm by making it.On the other hand if it is released and is panned by the fans along with offering feedback on what they want and how to make it better,it would on the other hand work very positively.

Saint Seiya,along with Dragon Ball and probably Bleach are series that could really benefit from the approach Senki took,perhaps making it even more like Sengoku BASARA than intended,as they lean towards the Warriors games in Senki,making the balance tip over there.But they can also benefit from the Fighting RPG genre like the Dissidia games and Ys vs Sora no Kiseki who are pretty good in that aspect.Kinda hope that eventually the series takes that approach and Dimps is there all the way,even porting the game on PSP,like they did with the awesome Shin Budokai Series.
---
Look!A signature!*Runs away!*
<<Karma's a b****!>>Especially true on Gamefaqs! XD