Does anyone miss when Rock Lee took off his weights? (semi discussion)

#1DiZ0XPosted 3/2/2012 5:07:17 AM
I mean he only did it once VS Gaara, right? He went beast.

Wouldn't something like that be useful during the war? I mean some of the ninja from other villages had their chances to shine, why not Lee? Like I've said before, I'm rewatching part 1 and they built up Rock Lee's character so much, just to have him torn down, to make you feel bad for him.

IMO, I think in games, PTS Lee should have 3 awakenings.

-Weights off
-Open Gates
-Drunken

It's never going to happen, but still. Now the only people who are deemed 'fast' are 2 scrawny Aryans, and a bulky DBZ-WWE rip off.

Seeing Lee's and Sasuke's movements in part 1, they were just so fast. What happened to their speed?
#2RType_XPosted 3/2/2012 6:11:30 AM
DiZ0X posted...
I mean he only did it once VS Gaara, right? He went beast.

Wouldn't something like that be useful during the war? I mean some of the ninja from other villages had their chances to shine, why not Lee? Like I've said before, I'm rewatching part 1 and they built up Rock Lee's character so much, just to have him torn down, to make you feel bad for him.

IMO, I think in games, PTS Lee should have 3 awakenings.

-Weights off
-Open Gates
-Drunken

It's never going to happen, but still. Now the only people who are deemed 'fast' are 2 scrawny Aryans, and a bulky DBZ-WWE rip off.

Seeing Lee's and Sasuke's movements in part 1, they were just so fast. What happened to their speed?

I agree with it all but I'd still disagree with the whole Sasuke thing. Though it may have looked like it, he was never as fast as Lee. Now I understand the sauce crowd will get their panties in a twist

Idk why Lee doesn't do those things anymore. I also don't understand why Mushing won't expand in Lee's fighting abilities. Look at Kenichi from H.S.D. he incorporates 5 styles into his own. I'd love to see lee break out some Muay Tai and Wing Chung. Or why not use a variation of Hyuuga Juuken? But focus on the outer body not the inner?
---
-- xG0K3Nx han no SouTaichou (aka Team xG0K3Nx Leader)
11th Dai Choushinsei, Buru Hyaku-juu no Ou, Blue Beast of Battle: R-Type X
#3zerocoalPosted 3/2/2012 6:47:49 AM
In any of the movies Lee is in he usually takes the weights off and beats face. In one of them his weights can be chained together to make a weapon.
---
I lost the game.
#4rildomeinPosted 3/2/2012 6:48:08 AM
Who's the other Aryan? The character development is just a writing issue. Can't do anything about that.

Rock Lee is okay without 3 awakenings for a few reasons. We are under the assumption that he fights without the weights, drunken Lee should be an alternate character rather than an awakening, and 8 gates is far superior to drunken fist. I agree that Kishi should have expanded on the Konoha ninjas, crying shame.
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#5MindslicedPosted 3/2/2012 7:32:13 AM
Whose Rock Lee?
---
---PSN: Jihad__Jack---
Offical Yamato of the Naruto UNSG Boards
#6BladescorpionPosted 3/2/2012 7:41:21 AM
rildomein posted...

Rock Lee is okay without 3 awakenings for a few reasons. We are under the assumption that he fights without the weights, drunken Lee should be an alternate character rather than an awakening, and 8 gates is far superior to drunken fist. I agree that Kishi should have expanded on the Konoha ninjas, crying shame.

This, tc post is that of a delusional fanboy.

Though drunken fist was used once and is almost as irrelevant as sound 4 argument is.
---
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.
#7Dragunov_4_everPosted 3/2/2012 7:49:26 AM
Removing the weights is a bit redundant. Doesn't PTS Lee have an item for that which gives him a speed boost?

Lee definitely needs an alternate outfit that changes his Awakening to Drunken Lee
---
Official Mei Terumi of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#8liquidleonx3Posted 3/2/2012 9:13:45 AM
Speaking of Alternates, he should have the shorts and t-shirt he wore in the 3rd Naruto movie.
---
GT - liquidleonx3
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Board-}
#9YomigaeruPosted 3/2/2012 9:42:11 AM
I miss the PTS days when more than half a dozen characters were consistently relevant.

Back then, Naruto was still annoying, but at least we didn't know he was 'royalty'. I thought it was just typical shonen hard work coupled with main character growth, but know we know that Naruto is powerful largely due to his bloodline (a fact shared by most of the god tier characters in the series). Now, if a character is not royalty (Kage lineage, Uchiha, etc.) their only hope of being of any significance is to face one of the Edo Tensei zombies of a powerful shinobi.

It bothers me a great deal that basically all the good guys have been relegated to Naruto's backup. Even the friggin' KAGES are essentially just taking on Madara so Naruto can stop the other "Madara". What's the point of displaying all these powerful shinobi with amazing and diverse abilities when Naruto and Sasuke will just some BS power-up and then brute force their way to victory with their "broken" abilities? I don't think it's a stretch to say that both of them are Kage level. Then again, it makes no sense for them to be that strong when they've had neither the training nor the experience to be on that level at their young age. Again...they just get power-ups to make them stronger than everybody else.

I loved the Chuunin Exams where we got to see everyone outside of Team 7 show their stuff. Then we had the Sasuke Retrieval arc, and it was still interesting. But then Shippuden came along, and it essentially followed the DBZ route where if someone else couldn't do it, Naruto could.
#10DiZ0X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 5:11:42 PM
Bladescorpion posted...
This, tc post is that of a delusional fanboy.

Though drunken fist was used once and is almost as irrelevant as sound 4 argument is.

What, delusional fanboy? Hardly. I'm not a "fan" of any character. I just simply stated that I was rewatching part 1, along with a few observations I made. Lee was that fast. At least that's how they showed it. I just want drunk Lee in cause he seems fun to play as. If he's not in anymore games, I'm not going to rage like the "Sound 4" fans.

Not a 'fanboy' of anything.

Yomigaeru posted...
I miss the PTS days when more than half a dozen characters were consistently relevant.

Back then, Naruto was still annoying, but at least we didn't know he was 'royalty'. I thought it was just typical shonen hard work coupled with main character growth, but know we know that Naruto is powerful largely due to his bloodline (a fact shared by most of the god tier characters in the series). Now, if a character is not royalty (Kage lineage, Uchiha, etc.) their only hope of being of any significance is to face one of the Edo Tensei zombies of a powerful shinobi.

It bothers me a great deal that basically all the good guys have been relegated to Naruto's backup. Even the friggin' KAGES are essentially just taking on Madara so Naruto can stop the other "Madara". What's the point of displaying all these powerful shinobi with amazing and diverse abilities when Naruto and Sasuke will just some BS power-up and then brute force their way to victory with their "broken" abilities? I don't think it's a stretch to say that both of them are Kage level. Then again, it makes no sense for them to be that strong when they've had neither the training nor the experience to be on that level at their young age. Again...they just get power-ups to make them stronger than everybody else.

I loved the Chuunin Exams where we got to see everyone outside of Team 7 show their stuff. Then we had the Sasuke Retrieval arc, and it was still interesting. But then Shippuden came along, and it essentially followed the DBZ route where if someone else couldn't do it, Naruto could.

Haha, THIS is exactly what I've been saying. I loved part 1, especially the Chunin exams, because we saw tactics and tricks being used. The various people transforming into Naruto, and Sasuke unveiling them. Shikamaru's genius (to which he was rewarded), Rock Lee himself. They just made him so likeable. Sure, people won't see it anymore, but rewatch part 1, and you'll see it. Hell, Shino was incredible back then too. But now, Lee, Shino, Neji, even Kakashi have all become pretty useless. They just throw around few dialogue from time to time. Shikamaru gets spotlight, as he was the first chunin, and deceased Asuma's favorite student, but the others are pretty much ignored.

I've also been saying the whole DBZ thing too. I mean I love Dragon Ball Z. But we already have that. Naruto's surpassed Kakashi and attained kage level in a mere few months upon his return to Konoha. I mean, it's understandable, but Kakashi was hyped up so much in part 1. Naruto works with "power levels" now. Who ever gets a new powerup, wins. Whereas in part 1, the underdog could still win if planned right.

So, I'm not only hyping Lee, but he was so highly regarded pre-Shippuden. After his surgery, he hasn't done much. I think he needs a little moment to shine, tbh.