Chakra Dash Cancel?

#1Reno_DazotoPosted 7/9/2011 6:43:37 AM
While Knj and Chakra are some of the bigger issues in the series, I can't help but also think about the chakra dash. I replayed the nuns2 demo and noticed knjing took more chakra and chakra dashing into a blocking opponent caused you to stumble. As we all know chakra dashing in nuns2 causes both characters to bounce off eachother. Neither seems great.

So I was thinking, maybe a chakra dash cancel would help. Basically while chakra dashing you can hit triangle and let's say X to cancel your dashing animation. This would of course take more chakra to do if you cancel. It could help remedy a few things:

-Chakra dashing can now be used to really close the gap, which I believe was it's original purpose.
-Less matches where your opponent runs in a circle waiting to see if you're naive enough to chakra dash into their ougi, slowing down the match.
-Less support guardbreak attempts.
-And a well timed cancel could put you infront of your opponent to do guard damage ala nuns1.

Opinions? Maybe I overlooked something?
#2lonelyhero24Posted 7/9/2011 7:17:39 AM
That sounds awesome but also justu cancel and combo canceling really, canceling should be in any fighting game casual or not.
#3ninja241Posted 7/9/2011 8:29:26 AM
I would like to cancel my combo to do a Chakra Dash when my opponent KNJs so he couldnīt hit me with and ougi or another strong attack of some sort.
---
Pokemon Heart Gold FC = 3825 3628 4504
#4IchipooPosted 7/9/2011 9:11:41 AM
ninja241 posted...
I would like to cancel my combo to do a Chakra Dash when my opponent KNJs so he couldnīt hit me with and ougi or another strong attack of some sort.

That's funny. You could do that in NA3/UNH3.
---
Currently playing: Ougon Musou Kyoku 1.10, Arcana Heart 3, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, Dynasty Warriors 7, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3.
#5ShinobiMuramasaPosted 7/9/2011 10:51:18 AM
This is a great idea, but like all the other ones on the board it is misplaced. Rather than posting ideas for improvement on the board for all the other people that want things improved, everyone should be sending their ideas to CC2. They do listen to fan input and in recent years input from fans from outside Europe has waned. CC2 wants to see support from their fans worldwide, so if you have something you want to tell them don't hesitate. Here's the e-mail address to send them your input: inq_fun@cc2.co.jp
---
Ignore my username... just call me Shinobi
#6Reno_Dazoto(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 12:13:09 PM
Cutey Bomb posted...
This is a great idea, but like all the other ones on the board it is misplaced. Rather than posting ideas for improvement on the board for all the other people that want things improved, everyone should be sending their ideas to CC2. They do listen to fan input and in recent years input from fans from outside Europe has waned. CC2 wants to see support from their fans worldwide, so if you have something you want to tell them don't hesitate. Here's the e-mail address to send them your input: inq_fun@cc2.co.jp

You are absolutely right, and against my better judgement...I'll give it a try. I'm sure Namco Bandai has some translators. Hope they will at least take it into consideration. Generation is pretty much my last hope, I should at least try.
#7UltiWarriorPosted 7/9/2011 1:00:33 PM
Cutey Bomb posted...

Yeah, if anyone has ideas on how to improve their games, send them over to CC2!
---
Diamond FC: 2536 7895 7095
#8ShinobiMuramasaPosted 7/9/2011 1:21:28 PM
That's great Reno_Dazoto, please do!

Also, UltiWarrior, are you UltWarrior1 over at the Shishirendan forums? I'm ShinobiMuramasa there.
---
Ignore my username... just call me Shinobi
#9kyle164Posted 7/9/2011 4:41:04 PM
You can cancel combos with air dashes you can even KnJ if they block the dash.
---
DS name Kyle in all games
Pokemon FC 2191 4339 2591
#10cuttin_in_townPosted 7/9/2011 5:25:28 PM
kyle164 posted...
You can cancel combos with air dashes you can even KnJ if they block the dash.

The point is to do a defensive cancel. Dashing into a grab or ougi solves nothing. It's bad enough you have freakin invincibility after a KnJ.
---
MvC3 main team= Chris-Arthur-MODOK
The unofficial Jigglypuff of the SSBWiiU board!