Guarantee it's Moscow *MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

#1deltamustang_65Posted 10/25/2011 4:00:53 PM
The name of the city has 5 individual letters, just like the "five" on the logo.

The V itself stands not only for the Vakhtangov Theatre (which will be in the game, as you meet one of the characters there), but also is the first initial of the main character, Vasilii (Arkadiyevich Tupolev).

http://englishrussia.com/images/old_soviet_money/11.jpg

Logo design is actually meant to reference this, and is meant to provide clues to some of the themes of the game. These not only include the obvious, like the quest for wealth, but also power and influence, and how your character uses it. Political corruption is a core issue, as is the drug and skin trade. Without giving too much away, based on your decisions, the story takes one of two distict branches roughly 1/2 through the game, based on your decisions.

That's all I can reveal for now, since some of you I'm sure could have probably figured that out for yourselves.
---
PSN: DeltaMustang65
GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#2John_MarstenPosted 10/25/2011 4:30:46 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
The name of the city has 5 individual letters, just like the "five" on the logo.

The V itself stands not only for the Vakhtangov Theatre (which will be in the game, as you meet one of the characters there), but also is the first initial of the main character, Vasilii (Arkadiyevich Tupolev).

http://englishrussia.com/images/old_soviet_money/11.jpg

Logo design is actually meant to reference this, and is meant to provide clues to some of the themes of the game. These not only include the obvious, like the quest for wealth, but also power and influence, and how your character uses it. Political corruption is a core issue, as is the drug and skin trade. Without giving too much away, based on your decisions, the story takes one of two distict branches roughly 1/2 through the game, based on your decisions.

That's all I can reveal for now, since some of you I'm sure could have probably figured that out for yourselves.

Hats off to you Delta!! I hope all of this is correct, if it is, we are in for one hell of a game!!
---
I dont have a signature
#3Yami_light_Posted 10/25/2011 5:21:57 PM
you're pulling this out of where?
---
---
If gameplay is solid, I'll play it, most of you play games where you only see a hand holding a gun anyway ... -PSN:Light_Yami
#4gtaking5Posted 10/25/2011 5:27:42 PM
He probably is, but I'd like a GTA set in Russia.
---
I tell you what I want: you go get it; I give you some money; then, you go away -- like a food hooker. - Bob Marley
#5EchoInTheStreetPosted 10/25/2011 6:35:08 PM

By golly this is it.

#6eddieham13Posted 10/25/2011 6:48:20 PM
I would LOVE for this to be true but I doubt it..

I really dont want another san andreas... I loved playing as Niko Bellic, and hope to be playing as another eastern European this time.
#7CooLJaY2kay4Posted 10/25/2011 6:49:14 PM
It's in L.A.

L.A. would get more game sales, especially if it has Las Vegas and an in depth connection to Vegas.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#8deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 7:22:44 PM(edited)
I wasn't aware of the city alone having that much of an effect on sales. I truly hope you're wrong about that.

P.S. You know how you guys always wanted snow in LC...
---
PSN: DeltaMustang65
GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#9GaiesPosted 10/25/2011 7:25:30 PM
If this game takes place in a Washington D.C. equivalent, everyone who mentioned otherwise owes me $5. The roman numeric five is American cash. The first thing I think of when I see it is capitalism. Look at the U.S.'s current political and financial climate and tell me that doesn't seem feasible.

My bet is on a GTA Washington D.C. equivalent.
---
Favorite Current Gen game: Dark Souls. Favorite Old School Game: Earthbound Favorite Band: The Absence
PSN- AtmaNex
#10HardTimesDaddyPosted 10/25/2011 7:41:35 PM
Or Vegas where money is king.
---
Let's go Yankees!