The Weekly Wishlist

#1deltamustang_65Posted 6/17/2012 10:21:56 AM
Good morning, gentlemen, and welcome to The Weekly Wishlist!

This is my humble take on the wishlist for GTA V. I hope you've all come here for some rousing discussion. I figured that some people who frequent the V boards might actually want to go into detail about their wishes, and hopefully with enough interest, that's what we'll be doing here.

Here's how this works. Every sunday we'll see a new wish, which is decided by me based on private messages that you folks send me stating what wish you'd like to discuss for the week. Obviously, the new/interesting wishes will likely get priority over wishes that've been done to death. During that week, we'll all pitch in and discuss how the wish would work (or not) within the game. Anything you can think of is open to discussion, from what buttons you'd use to control something, to what new and innovative ways a wish could be incorporate into a mission or online play.

Since this topic is brand new, and haven't had a week to sort through any suggestions (those suggestions being nonexistant and all), I've come up with this week's subject.

And that is... *drumroll*

Week 1 6/17/12: Stealth

Yes, you guessed it. Stealth is a favorite of mine. Now, go to work, my little idea factory! I'll pitch in for myself from time to time, but I want you all to have the first stab at it.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#2blaze9990Posted 6/17/2012 11:04:56 AM
Ahem... sorry got a bad throat
---
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication
#3deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 11:11:59 AM
I wonder why...

Now that we've got the inevitable jealousy from Mr. Board Leader out of the way, startlingly early I might add, let's get back on track.
---
#4Tofu342Posted 6/17/2012 1:14:14 PM
I've always hated how stiff I felt climbing fences in RDR and GTA IV. They need to give the main atleast some acro skills!

A good balance would be somewhere between this game's predessesor and Assassin's Creed. Please, no more stiffness.
---
I wonder if the kids in China ever open their happy meal toy and go "Hey! I made this.".
#5Jas_PataPosted 6/17/2012 6:43:47 PM
Cool topic.

Ive mentioned this a few times, cant remember if it was this board or not, but...

I really think they should incorporate ways of cleaning up your own mess if youd like to just sneak around the alleyways with a silenced weapon or knife etc, off some people and gain no attention at all.

Itd be great if they added the ability to pick up or drag the corpses youre responsible for and then be able to just hide them out of sight, or even in dumpsters or the trunk of a car..

Itd pretty much work like in RDR - when you hogtie someone and set them on your horse, except in GTA you wouldnt have to tie them up ( though maybe this could be possible too ).. you would just pick a corpse up with the same button, and instead of being prompted to put them on a horse, youd be prompted to put them in a trunk/dumpster.

This seems like a simple inclusion. Im no programmer, but Id imagine they could basically copy paste the code with a few easy tweaks.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#6Phazon2000Posted 6/17/2012 7:10:20 PM
Stealth would only be useful during particular missions or side activities. Otherwise, what use would it be against the average pedestrian?

Like I said, I'm sure it'd be fun and inovative during certain missions. (If they give you the opportunity to sneak around guards, where as most missions are focused on assault).

That being said, you've got to think about the "Bold new directions" they'll be taking with this game, starting with the structure of missions. Will they emphasise on multiple ways to complete them (offering stealth as a handy option) or will it be guns blazing?

A potential new stealth system is subjective.
---
"Actual question about gaming lore gets derailed into spousal abuse on the first page. <3 GFAQs"
#7adz-specPosted 6/18/2012 1:46:18 AM
Tofu342 posted...
I've always hated how stiff I felt climbing fences in RDR and GTA IV. They need to give the main atleast some acro skills!

A good balance would be somewhere between this game's predessesor and Assassin's Creed. Please, no more stiffness.

Someone didn't read the OP clearly.

Anyway...

JETPACKS AND PLANES!
---
PSN: adz-spec
#8deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:40:13 PM
@Jas_Pata

I like the idea of being able to hide bodies out of the way from cops, criminals on guard, or random peds who might call it in on their cells

Also useful would be non-lethal weapons like tazers and stun guns. Maybe even a sleepy rag.

You should also be able to disarm and knock out people if you are able to sneak up on them. This would of course mean that you wouldn't have to hide a body since if they were found by ped or cop, they'd either slap them awake, leave them and steal their wallet, or arrest them for having a weapon or record or whatever. See, the cops might even come in handy sometimes. :)

Zip ties would be nice for controlling subjects that you may not want to knock unconscious for whatever reason, like maybe you'd need them for info like computer passwords or safe combinations.

Oh, and can we please have some of that stuff that Dexter likes to inject his victims with, R*? That might be fun.
---
#9deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:46:34 PM
@Phazon2000

Stealth doesn't actually HAVE to be useful against average citizens. You can always use it for giggles. Sometimes you just want to see what sort of shenanigans you can get into in a GTA game, you know?

Also, what might be interesting and add variable difficulty to the game, is that the amount of backup that is called in on some missions can be more or less depending on how long you stay stealthy, or how much of a ruckus you cause. Just an idea...

I'm sure that a variable path/outcome for missions would be well received. I enjoyed the different objectives that you could go for in BoGT when you replayed missions. R* could expand on that in V, esp if true stealth gameplay is available.
---
#10pixelkillaPosted 6/18/2012 4:29:55 PM
Ruckus, yes. Indeed.