The Weekly Wishlist

#11Tofu342Posted 6/18/2012 8:14:17 PM
adz-spec posted...
Tofu342 posted...
I've always hated how stiff I felt climbing fences in RDR and GTA IV. They need to give the main atleast some acro skills!

A good balance would be somewhere between this game's predessesor and Assassin's Creed. Please, no more stiffness.

Someone didn't read the OP clearly.

Anyway...

JETPACKS AND PLANES!

Well, as Monty always said it: Always look on the bright side of life, ta dum, ta dum.
---
I wonder if the kids in China ever open their happy meal toy and go "Hey! I made this.".
#12Phazon2000Posted 6/18/2012 11:35:34 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
@Phazon2000

Stealth doesn't actually HAVE to be useful against average citizens. You can always use it for giggles. Sometimes you just want to see what sort of shenanigans you can get into in a GTA game, you know?

Also, what might be interesting and add variable difficulty to the game, is that the amount of backup that is called in on some missions can be more or less depending on how long you stay stealthy, or how much of a ruckus you cause. Just an idea...

I'm sure that a variable path/outcome for missions would be well received. I enjoyed the different objectives that you could go for in BoGT when you replayed missions. R* could expand on that in V, esp if true stealth gameplay is available.

If the game would accustom the new feature, it would be good. But I can't see GTA V having missions requiring navigation around an area (Including stealth) to complete them. I can "See" it happening, but I can't see Rockstar doing it. I hope mission structures do get a well deserved shakeup, make them a little more complicated.
---
"Actual question about gaming lore gets derailed into spousal abuse on the first page. <3 GFAQs"
#13deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 12:31:29 PM
^Exactly. R* doesn't think we're children, do they? I think most of us can easily handle a little ratcheting up of the difficulty and complexity. Not to mention less hand-holding "tutorial" missions.

Something else I thought of, if this were to happen, I'd like to see some trophies encouraging use of stealth. There could be a handful of missions that are possible to complete without being spotted at all, and you'd get one for "sneaking" all of them. There could also be some relating to chaining stealth kills or stealth KOs/subduing a certain # of criminals and/or peds outside of missions without drawing attention or having the body found.

I think it'd encourage practicing the stealth maneuvers, but not so far as forcing them on you, since if stealth isn't your thing, you can always stop once you earned those particular trophies. Just a thought.

Btw, I haven't received any suggestions for next Sunday's edition yet, so make sure you PM me with your ideas, folks. They'll be posted here, of course, to keep clutter to a minimum (and maybe boost this to 500, as well).
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#14AlphaAkiraPosted 6/19/2012 10:01:25 PM
Ducking down in your car while surveying the area or sliding your body under a car if on foot to avoid detection. Minor crimes where the police don't know your physical location. They are rolling through the entrance of an alley, your own foot. You manage to climb a fire escape just narrowly avoiding their spotlight. And watch them drive past. Stealth and stamina to me could go hand and hand. You sneak up behind someone. Upon applying a chokehold a high stamina means no resistance and less noise. A low stamina means your attempt fails miserably and he breaks free. Being able to push a dumpster while your partner blindfires from its cover. At least enough to provide an escape or such. They whole tailing a suspect could easily be outdone. Tracking device on the car or person would be modern. Slashing a tire or keying a car to draw attention to yourself with the purpose of provocation. Being able to semi-blend in with groups of people to escape custody. And last but not least, to have instant kills. To push/kick/throw someone into speeding traffic, subway train or off buildings. To be the puppetmaster and watch events unfold.
#15donhibbardoPosted 6/19/2012 11:07:02 PM
I hope they incorporate disguises and stuff. Like masks ala Point Break and the Vice City Jason style mask. Stealth also would be cool. Like I've said before somewhere, it'd be cool if you could parachute onto the roof of a building and infiltrate it that way. Then, using stealth elements, duck through the building to take out a target. Definitely would like to see good disarms and some non-lethal type tazers and stuff. I've always liked planting bombs but it'd be cool if you had other options like cutting the brake line and stuff like that. Along w/ assassin missions I'd also like to see hostage taking and maybe bring back home invasion robberies, done better of course. Hostage taking would be the perfect way to have the RDR tie up option too. Lastly I'm hoping for some decent hand to hand combat styles.
#16Phazon2000Posted 6/19/2012 11:09:05 PM
A bit of disguise work could go a long way (Look at the bugstars outfits)

These would be fun during mission (Or free time?).
---
"Actual question about gaming lore gets derailed into spousal abuse on the first page. <3 GFAQs"
#17deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 11:27:15 AM
Perhaps, if we get zipties as non-lethal "weapons", we can have a trophy similar to "dastardly" from RDR!

Maybe another trophy for arranging this with every form of public transportation. Maybe a word that rhymes with "dastardly", but with one of the letters replaced.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#18blaze9990Posted 6/20/2012 12:33:08 PM
Bastardly?
---
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication
#19donhibbardoPosted 6/20/2012 3:56:50 PM
Ah, forgot about the zipline thing. That'd be way cool. Doin a slow-mo zipline one-handed while firing on people. I could see that being real fun. Good idea Delta.
#20Phazon2000Posted 6/21/2012 1:26:42 AM
deltamustang_65 posted...
Perhaps, if we get zipties as non-lethal "weapons", we can have a trophy similar to "dastardly" from RDR!

Maybe another trophy for arranging this with every form of public transportation. Maybe a word that rhymes with "dastardly", but with one of the letters replaced.

Yeah, I remember mentioning something about zipties too. They'd definiately be a welcome addition. Mind you, it'd be a specific weapon that you could use up easily... not as essential to gameplay as in RDR (even though it was loosly used).

Should be an option to place zip tied victims in the boot of a car.... or maybe not.

Every time there's a train of thought in regards to features, they all relate to something that has already been done in a different way.
---