The Weekly Wishlist

#41deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 9:24:28 AM
I think you may be in the wrong topic, friend.

I still have my fingers crossed for thermal, night vision, etc. Oh, and can some of the top end cars have night vision built into the windshield or dash?

Just for kicks, I'd also like some goggles that let you see using sonar, like Metroid Prime Echoes or The Dark Knight.

Not really weapon customization, but stuff like that would definitely be a big help during certain missions.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#42Conway_TwillPosted 6/26/2012 7:08:02 PM(edited)
My wish list for any OC game:

- Active and believable criminal economy. Being able to control territories and giving errands to associates.

- Getting rich and powerful should be hard. Reaching the top should take most of the SP campaign. The hardest it is to buy that mansion on the Mulholland hills the more rewarding will be to hang out up there. Same with cars, weapons, businesses, etc...

- Feeling your power. Get associates driving for you and such...

- Being able to invest in the local economy to launder money. In 2012 America no criminal keeps cash under his bed;

- An ethnically and socially diverse underworld: white collar crooks in suits living in a condo on the beach, gangstas and cholos from the gettos, silent and heavly-accented Eurasian mobsters from the suburbs and white trash meth clans based in the more remote regions of the map;

- Being arrested should really be a pain. Not just losing some money. In order to show how it reflects on the streets, you could loose some proprieties or territories. Some criminal connections might not be available anymore due to the lack of charisma and entrepreneurship of some of your guys left to take care of your businesses. Or because some rival organization has taken over. Anything that makes things harder and more realistic.

To be honest, all of the above should be a no-brainer to anyone who wants to make a great OC game. Hopefully R* will prove us that.
#43deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 1:14:38 PM
Conway_Twill posted...
To be honest, all of the above should be a no-brainer.

The same can be said about reading the topic completely before posting.
---
#44AlphaAkiraPosted 6/27/2012 9:13:48 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
Conway_Twill posted...
To be honest, all of the above should be a no-brainer.

The same can be said about reading the topic completely before posting.

Open season for cougars, eh mate.
---
Puppet$0f?Shad0wz You must Submit-To Destroy it. PSN Echo Shaman
#45deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 9:25:59 PM
Kinda hard for cougars to get the drop on you when you're rollin' 16 deep with grenade launchers.

And the ones in the hills stand even less of a chance.
---
#46Phazon2000Posted 6/27/2012 9:26:59 PM
Conway_Twill posted...
My wish list for any OC game:

- Active and believable criminal economy. Being able to control territories and giving errands to associates.

- Getting rich and powerful should be hard. Reaching the top should take most of the SP campaign. The hardest it is to buy that mansion on the Mulholland hills the more rewarding will be to hang out up there. Same with cars, weapons, businesses, etc...

- Feeling your power. Get associates driving for you and such...

- Being able to invest in the local economy to launder money. In 2012 America no criminal keeps cash under his bed;

- An ethnically and socially diverse underworld: white collar crooks in suits living in a condo on the beach, gangstas and cholos from the gettos, silent and heavly-accented Eurasian mobsters from the suburbs and white trash meth clans based in the more remote regions of the map;

- Being arrested should really be a pain. Not just losing some money. In order to show how it reflects on the streets, you could loose some proprieties or territories. Some criminal connections might not be available anymore due to the lack of charisma and entrepreneurship of some of your guys left to take care of your businesses. Or because some rival organization has taken over. Anything that makes things harder and more realistic.

To be honest, all of the above should be a no-brainer to anyone who wants to make a great OC game. Hopefully R* will prove us that.

Lmao, this isn't going to be a "Mafia III".

Fine suggestions, but definately not for this game.
---
"Actual question about gaming lore gets derailed into spousal abuse on the first page. <3 GFAQs"
#47Conway_TwillPosted 6/28/2012 10:17:23 PM
Phazon2000 posted...
Lmao, this isn't going to be a "Mafia III".

Fine suggestions, but definately not for this game.

Wha...? You serious? Have you played Mafia 2?

The Mafia series is a linear type-game with NONE of the things listed above.
GTA, instead, is known for making things more interesting, playable and immersive
(ok, ok, GTA 4 aside...)
#48deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 3:16:39 PM
Looks like I was too hasty with my decision on this week's edition of TWW. Maybe we'll keep that topic in reserve.

This weeks edition is brought to you by Tofu342, who was runner-up last week with his suggestion of...

06/02/2012 Edition: Pedestrian Reactions

Pixelkilla will be sure to enjoy this one. Feel free to discuss anything related to the player's interaction with peds, and the actions of peds themselves.

Personally, I'd like to be able to target peds while unarmed, and press a direction on the pad and have that decide what I'll say. Imagine being able to give gang members or cops a pick up line. Let the hilarity commence!
---
#49pixelkillaPosted 7/2/2012 4:30:18 PM
Surely will enjoy that, but still reeling at how wrong people still are about Mafia II, especially the expansion DLC. Then again, without RPGs or deathmatches, many will find any game lacking.
#50deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 4:55:42 PM
No. You must make a real post.

Or our pact is absolved.

...or dissolved. Or whatever the correct word is.

On topic, I want to be able to date random pedestrians. Imagine having thousands of GFs calling you at all hours. And to think, you silly kids were complaining about 6 people calling you when you could easily turn your phone off.

Who's your daddy now?
---