The Weekly Wishlist

#71deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 11:07:20 AM
This week's edition is brought to you by Delta, with my suggestion of...

07/08/2012 Edition: Vehicle Modifications

I know that some may confuse this subject with blingin' rimz and bawdy kits, but let's think bigger here. My hope is that R* spends their time creating funtional mods, and leaves out anything that is just there for looks, except for the ability to paint your car however you like, of course.

Some of the simpler things I'd like are the ability to fit any vehicle with any kind of tire. For example, imagine a go-kart or NRG900 on dirt tires, or a monster truck on racing slicks. I, for one, would LOVE to chase down people online with a truck like that. You have to admit it'd be pretty scary seeing that gaining on you in your infernus' rear view mirror.

As for tires themselves, in a GTA game, I think that having a simple selection of economy, sport, rain, dirt, and wet/dry racing tires would be fine. Of course, tire selection would have a significant effect on a car's ability to negotiate various types of terrain and weather conditions.

Maybe, in addition to different types of suspensions available to purchase, you could also buy one of those big monster truck type lift kits. I'd like to go offroading in a lifted candyapple red convertible peyote. Might have to go in pairs, though, as I can't see rolling one of those back over being too easy.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#72zedder13-2Posted 7/9/2012 12:11:54 PM
vehicle mounted weapons. i NEED a pick up truck with a huge mini gun mounted on it.
#73pixelkillaPosted 7/9/2012 1:40:11 PM
Just Cause 2
#74donhibbardoPosted 7/9/2012 7:50:18 PM
I'd like a 007 car mod. You know oil slicks, rocket launchers and spikes that come out of the tires to give others next to you a flat. I hope they bring back hydraulics and lowrider competitions. With convertibles, I hope you can chop tops off of others to give them one. Custom horns would be good too. Lastly, I like your idea Delta about putting any kind of tire on any car. That would be really cool.
#75AlphaAkiraPosted 7/9/2012 8:08:33 PM
donhibbardo posted...
I'd like a 007 car mod. You know oil slicks, rocket launchers and spikes that come out of the tires to give others next to you a flat. I hope they bring back hydraulics and lowrider competitions. With convertibles, I hope you can chop tops off of others to give them one. Custom horns would be good too. Lastly, I like your idea Delta about putting any kind of tire on any car. That would be really cool.

I know this would never make it but ejecter seats would be a laugh. And car suspension that lowers itself automatically the higher speeds you reach. Bring back driving courses with a side of smoke screen. Your idea on gps built into the windshield. Be great at night off road in the styxs
---
Puppet$0f?Shad0wz You must Submit-To Destroy it. PSN Echo Shaman
#76donhibbardoPosted 7/9/2012 9:36:12 PM
AlphaAkira posted...
donhibbardo posted...

I know this would never make it but ejecter seats would be a laugh. And car suspension that lowers itself automatically the higher speeds you reach. Bring back driving courses with a side of smoke screen. Your idea on gps built into the windshield. Be great at night off road in the styxs

Ejector seats would be totally cool and want the driving courses back too.
#77Jas_PataPosted 7/9/2012 11:52:20 PM
Lol! Ejector seats would be great, pretty crazy. Plant a car bomb or remote mine on it, head full speed towards a target hit the ejection button and detonate the explosives as the car reaches said target safely from the air.

Love the tire idea as well..

Aesthetic mods wouldn't bug me at all, and I know it would make plenty of people happy, so I'm for them.. but yeah functional, performance enhancing mods would be where it's at. Making cars faster - n2o, maybe "engine upgrades", option to add a turbo... Nothing too in depth at all, just an option to get certain cars faster.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#78zedder13-2Posted 7/10/2012 6:30:00 AM
i would personally use the ejector seat to fire prostitutes into low bridges......and then take my money back!
#79deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 2:15:06 PM
http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_GMG_MK47_on_HMMWV_lg.jpg

Vehicle mounted grenade launchers, FTW!

Which reminds me, vehicles should have ammo limits. None of this "imma firin mah infinit missle frum mah hellachopter nao!"

Another kinda-sorta on topic wish is the ability to use any weapon you want when you're a passenger in a convertible. Imagine firing a stinger missile from a speeding coquette convertible. At someone trying to figure out the controls for the jetpack. Fun times, indeed.

Oh, I forgot the puncture-resistant tires earlier, cuz yeah, there's gonna be a need for them with all the spikes, either the strip variety or the kind you can drop from a car.
---
#80deltamustang_65(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 3:08:02 PM
I like how you think, Zedder. Personally, I wouldn't even wait until she had my money. I'd hit eject right as my character finished. I can only guess what would be going through her head whilst airborne...
---