Still No Female Protagonists?

#1BluntChickPosted 11/21/2012 3:36:08 PM
So there are 3 in this game and they couldn't make one female? Whats the deal, Rockstar? Females can't fit the cliche of criminals changing their ways and becoming good citizens? Is there any reason? I have no other complaints about this series other than this.. I would love to see a female protagonist.. Is Rockstar scared that their predominantly male core demographic won't want to play as a woman because their ego's are too fragile? We are out there as gamers and would love to be portrayed as more than just hookers, coked out strippers and suck hags! We are tired of being portrayed as not being independent and not being able to get along without males.. Look at me, I'm successful and I don't need a man to feel good about myself, so show us the respect we deserve! Chicks love GTA too, wake up Rockstar its 2012!

Having said all that, I'm not bashing the games! Vice City is my favorite game of all time and I will be preordering this one as well.. Its just one gripe I have which I think is legitimate.. Have they given any reasons? Thanks!

(Waiting for the first go make me a sammich response, you aint original I've heard it all..)
---
If youre not easily offended check out the uncensored me on Twitter: @BluntChick
#2_white_rabbitPosted 11/21/2012 3:38:09 PM
*sigh*
---
"You wouldn't know the truth if you found it banging your wife; now shut up and release my client. And your wife's not that great." K Rosenburg
#3Chagen46Posted 11/21/2012 3:56:57 PM
I feel your pain, TC, but the GTA fanbase is filled with too many misogynists/sexists for R* to risk it
#4Trancer HunterPosted 11/21/2012 4:00:41 PM
gta just wouldn't sell with a female protagonist... I'd still just prefer they do like Saints Row and have a create a Protagonist... That isn't going to happen and people going to simply complain about story on this board....
I love good stories and everything but I don't play these games for the stories....
#5DarkchocolateXPosted 11/21/2012 4:02:05 PM
Sigh, Female protagonists don't fit GTA. They are just not cool enough. If you want to play as a women, i suggest you to put on a wig, makup and a dress.
#6Chagen46Posted 11/21/2012 4:08:20 PM
DarkchocolateX posted...
Sigh, Female protagonists don't fit GTA. They are just not cool enough. If you want to play as a women, i suggest you to put on a wig, makup and a dress.

They don't "fit" GTA? To what? Your prejudiced and misogynistic mind? It's people like you who make me feel disgusted to be a man. You disgrace your gender with such ignorance and regressive world-views.
#7DarkchocolateXPosted 11/21/2012 4:16:09 PM
Chagen46 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...

They don't "fit" GTA? To what? Your prejudiced and misogynistic mind? It's people like you who make me feel disgusted to be a man. You disgrace your gender with such ignorance and regressive world-views.

Have fun feeling disgusted. R* pretty much agrees it seems hence why you seem to be fed up about it in the first place. Don't worry though, there will be woman doing a lot of things in GTA V, as hookers, strippers and housewifes.
#8spaz12Posted 11/21/2012 4:27:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHp-iapqvo
---
MuFF haT Inc.
#9DarkchocolateXPosted 11/21/2012 4:33:50 PM
agl369law_LF posted...
I would prefer a male. I like it when I can "get into the role" if you know what I mean. Playing a girl would be sort of anti-aggressive. Imagine GoW with a female main char, wouldn't be nearly the same.
---
PSN: Fistoflove
Why don't you have a seat right over there?

This says it all.
#10_white_rabbitPosted 11/21/2012 5:24:56 PM
Chagen46 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...

Guess what Chagen's favourite word is!

Anywho. You won't get into any girls pants championing their cause as you seem to love doing. You'll be in the corner, friendzoned, with a serious case of blue balls.
---
"You wouldn't know the truth if you found it banging your wife; now shut up and release my client. And your wife's not that great." K Rosenburg