Still No Female Protagonists?

#221wokiboy67Posted 1/11/2013 10:39:53 AM(edited)
This topic will indeed hit 1000. Is that a new record? what's the longest until now?
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#222kanto_wandererPosted 1/11/2013 2:12:46 PM
I believe the cutoff is 500 (unless it has changed).
#223Kobsar31Posted 1/16/2013 9:51:16 PM
This was hilarious. I got at least two or three good laughs at the guys trolling this poor girl. Don't take it seriously. I think the reason that they don't make a female protagonist though is the fact that there would be a ton of teenage kids who's moms would be raging cause their kid has the chick running around naked or pretty much naked. Makes sense to me from their point of view. Loved reading this though. Thanks for the laugh.
#224deltamustang_65Posted 1/16/2013 10:13:15 PM
Kobsar31 posted...
I think the reason that they don't make a female protagonist though is the fact that there would be a ton of teenage kids who's moms would be raging cause their kid has the chick running around naked or pretty much naked. Makes sense to me from their point of view. Loved reading this though. Thanks for the laugh.

I think you're on the wrong board. This is for GTA V.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#225Ebak_the_catPosted 1/17/2013 5:00:33 PM
I don't know why there's no female protagonists. I personally would love to see a female protagonist in the series. However it's up to the writers really...if they don't think it fits to have a female as the protagonist then that is their view. I doubt they intentionally set out saying 'We don't want any female protagonists'.

As for Stereotyping, GTA hasn't done as bad a job at presenting women as you think. There is actually quite a range of females within the series. Besides the stereotypical prostitutes etc. We see a few criminal females, even a very psychopathic one. We also had a 'typicalish' female who didn't want anything to do with the criminal world her brothers inhabited and just wanted a 'normal life'.

If you were to take any of the characters from GTA and see which one could have had their gender switched you would come up with a few, but not many.

Claude has the personality of a rock..so even if he was a female, she/he still wouldn't be interesting.

Tommy was supposed to fit the 80's stereotype of a drug runner. (Hawaiian shirt etc) so if he was female, it would break that stereotype which in turn breaks the era they are trying to portray.

CJ...I find it hard to imagine him as a female and having a similar story.

Niko is prehaps the best possibility. He is a guy who moved to escape his past and make a new start, he didn't want anything to do with the criminal life but was dragged into it. It would have worked well if it was a female protagonists instead.

Johnny, naw, the gruff biker image is best suited for the male, it would look odd (in my opinion) to have a gruff looking female biker.

Luis could have been a female, however some of the humor came from the fact that he was a straight guy (allegedly) being a body guard to a gay guy. I think it it had been a woman it would have had to play differently.

If they can find a way to wind a female protagonist into a GTA game...good for them. If not..well then that's a shame, but its nothing worth complaining about really. Is it really that big of a deal which gender, race, sexual orientation or whatever the main character is? So long as the story and plot supports what is established it should be fine.
---
Difference in optinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
#226deltamustang_65Posted 1/17/2013 5:41:02 PM
Ebak_the_cat posted...
CJ...I find it hard to imagine him as a female and having a similar story.

Yeah. Girls can't fly planes!

Johnny, naw, the gruff biker image is best suited for the male, it would look odd (in my opinion) to have a gruff looking female biker.

You should check out some different bars.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#227Ebak_the_catPosted 1/18/2013 4:34:52 AM
deltamustang_65 posted...

Yeah. Girls can't fly planes!

My cousin's a pilot actually, and a fairly good one. :P

deltamustang_65 posted...

You should check out some different bars.

1) Its not my sorta thing.
2) I live in the UK, we kinda have a different culture over here.
---
Difference in optinion is not an attack, merely an opening to discuss different perspectives and views.
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
#228devilkazuya187Posted 1/18/2013 6:06:49 AM
don't females have games like bayonetta and ff Xiii? why yall tryin to ruin gta =/
#229VarcausPosted 1/18/2013 9:01:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#230VarcausPosted 1/18/2013 9:26:22 PM
BluntChick posted...
So there are 3 in this game and they couldn't make one female? Whats the deal, Rockstar?

Whats the deal with Rockstar you ask?

Well now, there have been 43 men who served as US President as of 2008.

Americans elected yet another man for POTUS this election. In the previous election, Oprah who I understand is a woman refused to endorse Hillary who I understand is also a woman opting instead for a man named Hussein.

So, what kinds of questions should you ask? Americans manufacture 99% of the firearms discussed on the evening news doesn't concern you? It's not the Iranian's or Iraqis or the Afghans or the Pakistanis or the Chinese or the Mexicans manufacturing 99% of the firearms that Americans use in violent crimes. It's AMERICANS.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.