Still No Female Protagonists?

#231deltamustang_65Posted 1/18/2013 10:53:14 PM
Ebak_the_cat posted...
deltamustang_65 posted...

Yeah. Girls can't fly planes!

My cousin's a pilot actually, and a fairly good one. :P

deltamustang_65 posted...

You should check out some different bars.

1) Its not my sorta thing.
2) I live in the UK, we kinda have a different culture over here.

Actually, bars aren't my thing either. I was just making a lame fem-biker joke.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#232deltamustang_65Posted 1/18/2013 10:56:30 PM
Varcaus posted...
BluntChick posted...
So there are 3 in this game and they couldn't make one female? Whats the deal, Rockstar?

A bunch of garbage that doesn't need repeating. Then...

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

A classic case of needing to follow your own advice.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#233Chrono_SyndromePosted 1/19/2013 3:43:19 AM(edited)
So, what kinds of questions should you ask? Americans manufacture 99% of the firearms discussed on the evening news doesn't concern you?

Evening news of what channel in which country ? GTA is developed by Rockstar North branch, basing ~6800km away from any USA. Just to note.
#234Trunks789Posted 1/19/2013 10:50:41 PM
Its not sexism at all. Female protagonists just dont fit with the GTA universe. Realistically tell me how the chances of somebody running away scared after a female comes to try and steal their car? What are the chances of a female owning in a fist fight? What are the number of females that are actively involved in organized crime? They have had female characters like this in GTA but most of them have just been involved in planning and stuff. The only memorable female that was actively involved in missions is Catalina in San Andreas and even then she didn't really do much. Most of the work was done by you.
#235Chrono_SyndromePosted 1/19/2013 11:13:50 PM
Realistically tell me how the chances of somebody running away scared after a female comes to try and steal their car?

Realistically ? Same as for male - near zero. Do you aware that non-empty cars are basically never getting jacked by single criminal in plain sight ?

What are the chances of a female owning in a fist fight?

Depends of she (was) doing for life. If that was beating/stabbing/shooting people - chances are good with opponent...like you, for example.

What are the number of females that are actively involved in organized crime?

Define ‘actively’. From my experience (I’m looking from police standpoint, yet still): basically every one with criminal «career», who does not prefer to work alone. And thing is, it’s nearly always more efficient to despoil people together with tight company of accomplices.

They have had female characters like this in GTA

I.e. first GTA ? Yes, they had for sure.