Still No Female Protagonists?

#41deltamustang_65Posted 11/23/2012 10:29:16 PM
Gigahart_gaylor posted...
If you want gender equality you aren't a feminist. Feminists are for female gender superiority, and it's also used as a defense for some women to get away with stuff other people normally wouldn't put up with.

As if females can do no wrong.

You're being too complicated.

Whoops. *your
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#42adz-specPosted 11/24/2012 12:50:21 AM
nativengine posted...
You'll all get a kick outta this. From the 360 board on the same subject.

nativengine posted...
Because they know you can only play the game 23-25 days outta the month with a female protagonist.

And the response I got

Misogynists like you make me disgusted to be a man.

Guess by who?

Maybe he's got an overbearing girlfriend who reads his posts or something.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#43DarkchocolateXPosted 11/24/2012 10:58:34 AM
adz-spec posted...
nativengine posted...
You'll all get a kick outta this. From the 360 board on the same subject.

nativengine posted...
Because they know you can only play the game 23-25 days outta the month with a female protagonist.

And the response I got

Misogynists like you make me disgusted to be a man.

Guess by who?

Maybe he's got an overbearing girlfriend who reads his posts or something.

Or an overbearing mother...
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#44beardface21Posted 11/24/2012 12:09:52 PM(edited)
Look, if you wanna claim sexism or any other isms, then don't complain to us and instead do the adult thing and tell the Housers, or Rockstar more likely, with an email concerning your issues.

However, let me point out that the Housers like to design the character inside and out so they flesh out his personality in the narrative. That's why they shun create a character in single player. The reason they haven't done a female lead is probably because they have no clue as to how a woman would react to the situations as we do.

Remember, the higher amount of Testosterone makes us more prone to aggression, which most criminals possess, and happen to be male.

Aggression makes for good video games.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#45jqh97116Posted 11/24/2012 2:58:19 PM
All the people saying they don't fit, how so?

Look at Elizabeta, or the chinese girl from GTA, or Catalina.

All girls, criminals, and powerful in their own ways.

Catalina is still alive (most likely because GTA never killed her) screwing people over criminally.

Elizabeta was a powerful druglord with tons of men working for her.

Chinese girl in GTA3 also had men working for her, and was a powerful mafia boss.

How do girls not fit into GTA? You guys just don't want to play as a girl, but imo as a guy they should have let one of the three main characters be a girl.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some news/gaming company points that out.
---
[R3D] psn: joe_mgs
Insert Witty Sig Here.
#46BayAreaTakeOverPosted 11/24/2012 3:56:47 PM
Whats with you guys wanting to play as girls? Hmmm
#47DarkchocolateXPosted 11/24/2012 4:01:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48DarkchocolateXPosted 11/24/2012 4:03:07 PM
jqh97116 posted...

Catalina is still alive (most likely because GTA never killed her) screwing people over criminally.

Chinese girl in GTA3 also had men working for her, and was a powerful mafia boss.

How do girls not fit into GTA? You guys just don't want to play as a girl, but imo as a guy they should have let one of the three main characters be a girl.

Woman won't fit GTA because as has been said before:

agl369law_LF posted...
I would prefer a male. I like it when I can "get into the role" if you know what I mean. Playing a girl would be sort of anti-aggressive. Imagine GoW with a female main char, wouldn't be nearly the same.

But then again you where most likely to focust on trying to do make woman seem fit for gta that you didn't even bother reading the topic's posts.

Also Catalina is one of the worst characters in GTA history, by now she's old and has floppy flapjacks, If you know what i mean.

'Now a little bit about something you haven't yet mentioned, but might so i'll go ahead'

And don't come and say 'You can't handle a woman like that' because thats what they said to a few good men a long time ago, And they sure could handle a woman acting like a man and took it one step further.

Which laid to the invention of homosexuality because when people think like this, handling a man as a man will be the ultimate showdown of power. Which is a rule in a lot of prisons it seems.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#49beardface21Posted 11/24/2012 4:05:52 PM(edited)
jqh97116 posted...

That's fine and dandy. But the thing is that they are tertiary characters giving you orders. You don't know how they rose to power nor how they go about doing the dirty deeds themselves.

Look, if Rockstar wants to make a female lead, then they should do it with quality. Not just to amuse some folk.

All I'm going to say is that it's much harder for me to relate to a woman, and relating to the character is a big thing to the Housers.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Elizabeta being that powerful and having scores of goons at her disposal. She was more like the Queen hood rat of Bohan.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#50TwilightZone18Posted 11/24/2012 6:11:43 PM
How about this: All the people who want a female protag, go and make a game. I know that's nowhere near as easy as it sounds but if you REALLY want one then you should be able to do it. Then, if the game does well, you'll have a franchise from which you can preach about equality and acceptance. The housers, on the other hand, have already done the work, built their company and made enough money to make a game about donkey shows if they want; it doesn't matter. It's their company and their game so they'll make it their way.
---
Let's rock