Still No Female Protagonists?

#51adz-specPosted 11/25/2012 12:01:00 AM
jqh97116 posted...
All the people saying they don't fit, how so?

Look at Elizabeta, or the chinese girl from GTA, or Catalina.

All girls, criminals, and powerful in their own ways.

Catalina is still alive (most likely because GTA never killed her) screwing people over criminally.

Elizabeta was a powerful druglord with tons of men working for her.

Chinese girl in GTA3 also had men working for her, and was a powerful mafia boss.

How do girls not fit into GTA? You guys just don't want to play as a girl, but imo as a guy they should have let one of the three main characters be a girl.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some news/gaming company points that out.

Catalina dies at the end of GTA 3. And she is such an over-the-top character. If there ever is a female protagonist in GTA, I don't think she will be like Catalina.

Elizabeta wasn't that powerful. She was also crazy. And fat.

Chinese girl in GTA 3 was Japanese. She was also sort of into girls. I know that **** would not go down (lol) well with a female protagonist in GTA. The into girls part. Not the Japanese part.

And no, I don't want to play as a girl.
---
PSN: adz-spec
#52deltamustang_65Posted 11/25/2012 10:52:08 PM
beardface21 posted...
Look, if you wanna claim sexism or any other isms, then don't complain to us and instead do the adult thing and tell the Housers, or Rockstar more likely, with an email concerning your issues.

However, let me point out that the Housers like to design the character inside and out so they flesh out his personality in the narrative. That's why they shun create a character in single player. The reason they haven't done a female lead is probably because they have no clue as to how a woman would react to the situations as we do.

Remember, the higher amount of Testosterone makes us more prone to aggression, which most criminals possess, and happen to be male.

Aggression makes for good video games.

Hmmm...sounds sciency.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#53deltamustang_65Posted 11/25/2012 10:53:56 PM
BayAreaTakeOver posted...
Whats with you guys wanting to play as girls? Hmmm

That makes about as much sense as attacking girls who play video games in general. Need I remind you that most video game characters are male? I mean, wth is wrong with these ladies, mirite?
---
#54deltamustang_65Posted 11/25/2012 10:57:45 PM
DarkchocolateX posted...
jqh97116 posted...
All the people saying they don't fit, how so?

Look at Elizabeta, or the chinese girl from GTA, or Catalina.

All girls, criminals, and powerful in their own ways.

Catalina is still alive (most likely because GTA never killed her) screwing people over criminally.

Elizabeta was a powerful druglord with tons of men working for her.

Chinese girl in GTA3 also had men working for her, and was a powerful mafia boss.

How do girls not fit into GTA? You guys just don't want to play as a girl, but imo as a guy they should have let one of the three main characters be a girl.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some news/gaming company points that out.

Woman won't fit GTA because as has been said before:

agl369law_LF posted...
I would prefer a male. I like it when I can "get into the role" if you know what I mean. Playing a girl would be sort of anti-aggressive. Imagine GoW with a female main char, wouldn't be nearly the same.

But then again you where most likely to focust on trying to do make woman seem fit for gta that you didn't even bother reading the topic's posts.

Also Catalina is one of the worst characters in GTA history, by now she's old and has floppy flapjacks, If you know what i mean.

'Now a little bit about something you haven't yet mentioned, but might so i'll go ahead'

And don't come and say 'You can't handle a woman like that' because thats what they said to a few good men a long time ago, And they sure could handle a woman acting like a man and took it one step further.

Which laid to the invention of homosexuality because when people think like this, handling a man as a man will be the ultimate showdown of power. Which is a rule in a lot of prisons it seems.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with you, DCX. Take some time and carefully compose your thoughts before you post, lest you appear to be a lunatic.
---
#55deltamustang_65Posted 11/25/2012 11:01:57 PM
TwilightZone18 posted...
How about this: All the people who want a female protag, go and make a game. I know that's nowhere near as easy as it sounds but if you REALLY want one then you should be able to do it. Then, if the game does well, you'll have a franchise from which you can preach about equality and acceptance. The housers, on the other hand, have already done the work, built their company and made enough money to make a game about donkey shows if they want; it doesn't matter. It's their company and their game so they'll make it their way.

Because they'll make the same game, over and over 'til the end of time, mirite? All the rest of you can just get out of here with all this talk of "new" ideas. Now, let's all mosey on over to that topic (or 100) of ideas on how we can make V a carbon copy of SA!
---
#56deltamustang_65Posted 11/25/2012 11:09:40 PM
beardface21 posted...
Look, if Rockstar wants to make a female lead, then they should do it with quality. Not just to amuse some folk.

The whole point of a game is to amuse some folk.

All I'm going to say is that it's much harder for me to relate to a woman, and relating to the character is a big thing to the Housers.

Hmmm...that almost sounds as hard as relating to, well...ANY of the main characters of the GTA games. Seriously, gender is where you draw the line? How superficial. And sad.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Elizabeta being that powerful and having scores of goons at her disposal. She was more like the Queen hood rat of Bohan.

You people seriously need to pick a side. All women are only good for washing dishes and making sammiches, or being "queen hoodrat"? Two sides of the same coin, if you ask me. Are you really that afraid of intricacy or depth or character?
---
#57Phazon2000Posted 11/25/2012 11:13:33 PM
Pretty much you can either wash dishes, or be gangster.

You can't do both.
---
You cannot lose if you do not play.
#58arturo228Posted 11/25/2012 11:43:10 PM
I would love a new GTA with Catalina from GTA: San Andreas as the main protagonist.
#59DanseMacabreOGPosted 11/25/2012 11:55:43 PM
I would love a new GTA with Catalina from GTA: San Andreas as the main protagonist.

You should play and beat GTA III.
#60adz-specPosted 11/26/2012 12:16:06 AM
Kids these days...
---
PSN: adz-spec