Still No Female Protagonists?

#61_white_rabbitPosted 11/26/2012 1:53:54 AM
I'm guessing the dude's a bootlicker....

But yes. Kids these days...
*eyeroll*
If you haven't played a particular game, at least have the sense to wiki it before talking about specific characters.
---
"You wouldn't know the truth if you found it banging your wife; now shut up and release my client. And your wife's not that great." K Rosenburg
#62wokiboy67Posted 11/26/2012 2:37:39 AM(edited)
Why change something that is working just fine? a male character has been there from the get go. Will the game be better with a chick running around shooting people? how so? if it's working,why change it?
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#63DarkchocolateXPosted 11/26/2012 2:39:24 AM
deltamustang_65 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
jqh97116 posted...
All the people saying they don't fit, how so?

Look at Elizabeta, or the chinese girl from GTA, or Catalina.

All girls, criminals, and powerful in their own ways.

Catalina is still alive (most likely because GTA never killed her) screwing people over criminally.

Elizabeta was a powerful druglord with tons of men working for her.

Chinese girl in GTA3 also had men working for her, and was a powerful mafia boss.

How do girls not fit into GTA? You guys just don't want to play as a girl, but imo as a guy they should have let one of the three main characters be a girl.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some news/gaming company points that out.

Woman won't fit GTA because as has been said before:

agl369law_LF posted...
I would prefer a male. I like it when I can "get into the role" if you know what I mean. Playing a girl would be sort of anti-aggressive. Imagine GoW with a female main char, wouldn't be nearly the same.

But then again you where most likely to focust on trying to do make woman seem fit for gta that you didn't even bother reading the topic's posts.

Also Catalina is one of the worst characters in GTA history, by now she's old and has floppy flapjacks, If you know what i mean.

'Now a little bit about something you haven't yet mentioned, but might so i'll go ahead'

And don't come and say 'You can't handle a woman like that' because thats what they said to a few good men a long time ago, And they sure could handle a woman acting like a man and took it one step further.

Which laid to the invention of homosexuality because when people think like this, handling a man as a man will be the ultimate showdown of power. Which is a rule in a lot of prisons it seems.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with you, DCX. Take some time and carefully compose your thoughts before you post, lest you appear to be a lunatic.

Nah i'm fine with that.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#64assassinreaperPosted 11/26/2012 7:38:03 AM
I wouldn't mind playing as a lesbian I like women she likes women its easy to relate
---
Please excuse my grammar I'm an American teenager.
#65DarkchocolateXPosted 11/26/2012 7:59:03 AM
assassinreaper posted...
I wouldn't mind playing as a lesbian I like women she likes women its easy to relate

You can relate to walking around with a vagi and boobs? Quite the type you must be.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#66Tofu342Posted 11/26/2012 8:23:12 AM
I think we've all forgotten who the real troll is here....

or maybe we never knew.
---
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, '****, that was fun.'"
#67rschrake86Posted 11/26/2012 9:48:52 AM
BluntChick posted...
So there are 3 in this game and they couldn't make one female? Whats the deal, Rockstar? Females can't fit the cliche of criminals changing their ways and becoming good citizens? Is there any reason? I have no other complaints about this series other than this.. I would love to see a female protagonist.. Is Rockstar scared that their predominantly male core demographic won't want to play as a woman because their ego's are too fragile? We are out there as gamers and would love to be portrayed as more than just hookers, coked out strippers and suck hags! We are tired of being portrayed as not being independent and not being able to get along without males.. Look at me, I'm successful and I don't need a man to feel good about myself, so show us the respect we deserve! Chicks love GTA too, wake up Rockstar its 2012!

Having said all that, I'm not bashing the games! Vice City is my favorite game of all time and I will be preordering this one as well.. Its just one gripe I have which I think is legitimate.. Have they given any reasons? Thanks!

(Waiting for the first go make me a sammich response, you aint original I've heard it all..)

*siiiiiiiiiiiigh*
If they made a female lead she would have to be naked at some point and blah, blah, blah....
I personally wouldn't mind a female lead, naked or not.
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#68wokiboy67Posted 11/26/2012 9:55:07 AM
rschrake86 posted...
BluntChick posted...
So there are 3 in this game and they couldn't make one female? Whats the deal, Rockstar? Females can't fit the cliche of criminals changing their ways and becoming good citizens? Is there any reason? I have no other complaints about this series other than this.. I would love to see a female protagonist.. Is Rockstar scared that their predominantly male core demographic won't want to play as a woman because their ego's are too fragile? We are out there as gamers and would love to be portrayed as more than just hookers, coked out strippers and suck hags! We are tired of being portrayed as not being independent and not being able to get along without males.. Look at me, I'm successful and I don't need a man to feel good about myself, so show us the respect we deserve! Chicks love GTA too, wake up Rockstar its 2012!

Having said all that, I'm not bashing the games! Vice City is my favorite game of all time and I will be preordering this one as well.. Its just one gripe I have which I think is legitimate.. Have they given any reasons? Thanks!

(Waiting for the first go make me a sammich response, you aint original I've heard it all..)

*siiiiiiiiiiiigh*
If they made a female lead she would have to be naked at some point and blah, blah, blah....
I personally wouldn't mind a female lead, naked or not.

Have to be naked at some point,why?
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#69Wario_manPosted 11/26/2012 10:09:24 AM
I feel your pain, TC, but the GTA fanbase is filled with too many misogynists/sexists for R* to risk it

---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#70deltamustang_65Posted 11/26/2012 4:35:59 PM
wokiboy67 posted...
Why change something that is working just fine? a male character has been there from the get go. Will the game be better with a chick running around shooting people? how so? if it's working,why change it?

I actually lol'd at this. Are you being serious, or just goofing, because I can't tell wth is going on in this topic anymore.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743