You know it's going to be 2013 by the time this game comes out...

#11L4YER_CAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:19:49 AM
wow, a real post? Thank you, sincerely. Good point btw, yes perfect dark, and beyond good and evil, tomb raider, borderlands, and portal all feature playable female characters. So I completely see your point, and I by no means am questioning rockstars ability to tell a great story with three male leads, they are masters of their craft.

However, it's the fact that they are so good at story telling that I want a female lead in this game. I may be mistaken but I dont think rockstar has ever had a female protagonist and in a game with such ambitions as this, a female character would be perfect.

I agree this game is going to be amazing regardless, I think I was taking all of my frustrations out on gtav when thats not fair. I am upset about the sausage fest that is this game but I'm more pissed off at assassins creed for only putting a female assassin on a system where only a minority of people will be able to play it.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#12wokiboy67Posted 11/30/2012 12:48:29 PM
The gta series is good as they are. If they wanted a game with a female lead,they would have done so long ago,don't you think? The series is a success,why try something else when it's working perfectly well? not saying that it would be worse,but i don't see why it's so important to have a female protagonist. I might be wrong,but i believe that the majority of people who's playing gta are males.

Send them an e-mail,maybe they'll think about it. Worth a try.
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#13B0vrilPosted 11/30/2012 2:15:42 PM
One of the main reason I believe there hasn't been a female character in GTA is because the writer/s at Rockstar are male, & as such don't have the confidence to write a female lead character.

This is an oft over looked issue & one that authors take very seriously & can struggle with.

Saints Row can do it because it's just a goof off story, but Rockstar really do like to try & write some pretty deep & specific stories. It's not like you could have taken the story of Nico, or John Marston & swap them out for a female.

Also the particular context we see for video games center around traditionally masculine characterized occupations. If you think of a "Bank Thief", "Kingpin" or "Assassin" you think male. But that of course doesn't mean females can't fill those roles, but it makes for quite a different thing all together.

I do agree that more female protagonists in games would be great. I'd actually love for Agent to have a female protagonist, as I believe female spies were commonly, & very successfully, used during the cold war.
#14Phazon2000Posted 11/30/2012 6:57:51 PM(edited)
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Woah Jesus, calm down nerds! I'm sorry if there were already 1000's of topics on this same subject. I made this topic at almost three in the morning and at the time there were no others on page 1 and as a predominantly male site I didnt think this would be a popular topic, so I didn't bother to search. I'm so sorry I went ahead and wrecked your whole day by posting my opinion.

I'm not some troll, I didnt come to your precious board just to piss you all off and I'm not planning on sticking around, especially if this is any indication of what the community is like around here. My only question isf this is such a popular troll topic why didnt you all just let it die instead of keeping alive by insulting me?

I thought the cod boards were full of jerks, but damn, a guy just wants to talk gaming with some good people and this is what happens?

All the best fellas.

You're up at three in the morning posting... and you call us nerds? That in turn blows your whole inferred "sexist" arguement out of the picture. Obvious hypocrisy is fatal when trying to make a point.

Also, your opinion is stupid.
---
It's a thin line 'tween heaven and here.
#15L4YER_CAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:11:54 PM
Wow, someone is butt devastated. Dont worry Angelina Brolie, I'll be off your precious board soon enough.

Oh and FYI Scarlett Brohannson? I was up until about three in the morning feeding my one month old. Something you're not likely to have to deal with until sometime in your late forties when you sobbingly convince a long time female friend of yours to break down and have awkward pity sex with you...once.

Seriously, I really am the fool here, because it's painfully obvious I'm dealing with a child.
---
#16Phazon2000Posted 11/30/2012 7:20:45 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Wow, someone is butt devastated. Dont worry Angelina Brolie, I'll be off your precious board soon enough.

Oh and FYI Scarlett Brohannson? I was up until about three in the morning feeding my one month old. Something you're not likely to have to deal with until sometime in your late forties when you sobbingly convince a long time female friend of yours to break down and have awkward pity sex with you...once.

Seriously, I really am the fool here, because it's painfully obvious I'm dealing with a child.

I enjoy these celebrity names. More please.

Also, god help your child..
---
It's a thin line 'tween heaven and here.
#17L4YER_CAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:26:13 PM
Mary Kate & Ashley Brolson, Francis Ford Broppola, Emilibro Estevez.

=P
---