So how much do you think GTA V cost R* to make?

#1TaKun782Posted 1/2/2013 5:49:31 PM
I remember reading a while back that GTA IV was the most expensive game to make back then. I think it was something like over, 100 million of a budget. Im also assuming GTA V will probably be just around that much as well?
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2nativenginePosted 1/2/2013 7:11:00 PM
I'd say around, maybe a but more then what GTA4 cost $100,000,000. Although, it does seem like their putting in an awful lot of man hours so this could cost more then 100 million. At the time GTA4 was in fact the most expensive game to produce. I think that Star Wars TOR cost almost double that or something crazy.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
This space available for purchase
#3TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 7:57:20 PM
Hm, what about LA Noire? I reckon that must of been at least 100 million considering the new face capture tech, and the insane man hours of overtime Team bondi pulled on their employees
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#4PHOENIXZEROPosted 1/2/2013 8:31:36 PM
GTAV probably about the same or perhaps less since they have more experience to where the problems GTAIV had in production shouldn't be there anymore granted they probably have a lot more but with a much more experienced team there shouldn't be the pains their previous games generation went through. Plus most of the stuff they did in preparation for GTAIV are already in place. Systems will be improved, physics tweaked/upgraded but it's all going to be an extension of what's already been done. I'm sure even their art side has been streamlined further at this point.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#5nativenginePosted 1/2/2013 8:33:13 PM
Well, after doing my research I was wrong, GTA4 is still the most expensive game to produce. LA Noire was around $50,000,000. I only found 2 sources, one of which was wiki so I'm not to confident on these numbers.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

The other source I found was:

http://www.mistertopten.com/top-ten-most-expensive-video-games-in-the-world/

Which I'm not too trustworthy of that source either. Any help would be appreciated now, I went gone and got curious.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
This space available for purchase
#6vivalatourPosted 1/2/2013 10:08:56 PM
hmmm, I wonder just how many copies will be sold ? when it comes to talking large volume 100 million don't seem like much anymore , what did I just say ?
#7seafoampheonixPosted 1/2/2013 10:40:40 PM
Why is there still poverty in the world
---
I'm calm.
#8I_know_uPosted 1/3/2013 12:04:37 AM
nativengine posted...
Well, after doing my research I was wrong, GTA4 is still the most expensive game to produce. LA Noire was around $50,000,000. I only found 2 sources, one of which was wiki so I'm not to confident on these numbers.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

The other source I found was:

http://www.mistertopten.com/top-ten-most-expensive-video-games-in-the-world/

Which I'm not too trustworthy of that source either. Any help would be appreciated now, I went gone and got curious.

The second link has major grammar problems. But I still believe them when they said GTA was #1.
---
So I don't have to meet u
#9wokiboy67Posted 1/3/2013 12:07:42 AM
seafoampheonix posted...
Why is there still poverty in the world

Lack of education.
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#10adz-specPosted 1/3/2013 12:58:14 AM
I think a big part of GTA IV's production cost is the fact it was the first on current consoles (which caused them problems, specifically on PS3) and the new engine was created from scratch. The foundation is already laid for GTA V. It will most likely run on an updated RAGE engine with Euphoria again. But then it's also going to be much larger than IV. My first guess would be that it won't be quite as expensive as GTA IV, but if it is I wouldn't expect it to be much more.
---
PSN: adz-spec