Would you be okay with a Female lead?

#31Percocet_QueenPosted 2/7/2013 12:59:37 PM

maybe with DLC , because I really doubt I would use it ...

So the "create a character" feature should be DLC? Well that's mildly absurd, considering some of the crap (not just GTA) that's thrown out as DLC rather than being part of the game. I don't think it's fair for myself or anyone else to have to play as another gender.

Off topic from what you said and back to OT:

Granted, I haven't read then entire thread, but who has time for that?

I see no problem with female leads. That's like asking if you'd be okay with a male lead. What's the real difference when it boils down to it? Aside from a few dialog moments and clothing, especially if you're in FPV, I don't see the difference.

Did any of you have a problem with Lara Croft as a character? What about Faith in Mirrors Edge? Zoey in Left 4 Dead? Elena in Uncharted? Juliet in Lollipop Chainsaw? Madison in Heavy Rain?

What about the games that already had it as an option? Saints Row (since it was already mentioned.), Fallout, Tekken (the majority of fighting games), Resident Evil, Multi player of AC? Dead Island? Skyrim?
---
www.youtube.com/RainyDayGaming
PSN: Raynbow-Crash
#32deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 1:11:12 PM
Honorless posted...
deltamustang_65 posted...
I couldn't watch those all the way through, but it seems that only 2 of them feature female leads. Also, they don't seem to be machinimas. Were you just trying to mislead people into boosting your views?

wat

I don't get why people are doing this so unnecessarily lately. Do you not understand english?
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#33HonorlessPosted 2/7/2013 1:36:35 PM(edited)
Honorless posted...
I couldn't watch those all the way through, but it seems that only 2 of them feature female leads. Also, they don't seem to be machinimas. Were you just trying to mislead people into boosting your views?

wat

I don't get why people are doing this so unnecessarily lately. Do you not understand english?

Leads = Star/Co-Star.
Machinima = Storytelling through computer generated graphics including video games.
So, if you're implying I, after 5 million+ total views on my accounts without having promotion behind it (Having declined Machinima.com's actual offer in partnership), came into a GFaq topic with 10 replies deep, on a slow time of GTA5 news, to mislead people into a 1 view bump on my 5-year-old videos, wat is the only sufficient answer worth giving you. Especially if you're serious & not just stupid &/or trolling.

---
|| Frantic Antics || Robots in Rowboats ||
I want to beLIEve || Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
#34Filthy_EsquirePosted 2/7/2013 4:39:53 PM
wafflepitarm posted...
It worked for Saints Row so i dont see a problem with it. As long as the character is fleshed out.

I don't remember much working for saints row, but that was just me.

In all seriousness I would be content with a female lead. I was content when I realized Fido wasn't gunna talk.

Would be an odd plot twist if your character was undercover.

I'm content with the whole finding cars jacking cars, finding rare cars jacking them, and blowing things up, and THEN story line. I'm glad the games revolves around GRAND THEFT AUTO...

That being said chop shops gotta comeback.
#35DushkuLuva8790(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:48:09 PM
This certainly became an interesting topic. More so than first anticipated O_O
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj853krZhD1qa9vqgo1_500.gif The Queen!
#36deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 5:07:23 PM
Honorless posted...
Leads = Star/Co-Star.
Machinima = Storytelling through computer generated graphics including video games.
So, if you're implying I, after 5 million+ total views on my accounts without having promotion behind it (Having declined Machinima.com's actual offer in partnership), came into a GFaq topic with 10 replies deep, on a slow time of GTA5 news, to mislead people into a 1 view bump on my 5-year-old videos, wat is the only sufficient answer worth giving you. Especially if you're serious & not just stupid &/or trolling.

Stranger things have happened.

Btw, lol @ your views. I'm not about to go digging in your account, but judging by the vids you posted, they must account for a very small fraction.

I was trying not to be so much of a **** earlier, but I seriously doubt Machinima wanted to partner with you. Those were painful to watch. I could only take 10-30 seconds of each before I had to back out. I'm apparently not alone, either. One of your vids' top comments is concerning how amateurish your video is.

*sigh* I really must stop asking simple questions on these boards...
---
#37HonorlessPosted 2/7/2013 5:53:57 PM
Honorless posted...
Leads = Star/Co-Star.

Stranger things have happened.

Btw, lol @ your views. I'm not about to go digging in your account, but judging by the vids you posted, they must account for a very small fraction.

I was trying not to be so much of a **** earlier, but I seriously doubt Machinima wanted to partner with you. Those were painful to watch. I could only take 10-30 seconds of each before I had to back out. I'm apparently not alone, either. One of your vids' top comments is concerning how amateurish your video is.

*sigh* I really must stop asking simple questions on these boards...

Your opinion is yours, but doesn't take away from the fact they're very much what I stated they were. At nearly 10 million views total scope, on all my works, after thousands of comments from all my material, I've heard it all, both good/bad.

Considering those specifics were made five years ago using a VCR, & 2005 laptop technology & WMM, they're just fine/fun. Perhaps if you actually had material, you'd understand the charm such things. It's easy to be critical, after all.

Regardless of your ad-hominem attack on my work, you were factually incorrect on all accounts, hence why I corrected you. As far as the topic goes, I made a solid case for my opinion. I'm not here to change the mind of anyone who already has theirs set in stone, just offering another voice.

btw, yeah, you seem like a total ****.
---
#38deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 7:29:00 PM
Honorless posted...
Your opinion is yours, but doesn't take away from the fact they're very much what I stated they were. At nearly 10 million views total scope, on all my works, after thousands of comments from all my material, I've heard it all, both good/bad.

I'm not really concerned with all your "works", so...yeah. Keep bringing that up. I'm glad they're what you stated they were. Question answered. Then again, I have to wonder once more, considering how you keep bringing up your massive # of views (unrelated to the vids linked) and Machinima wanting to partner with you. One couldn't be faulted for thinking you might be trying to boost your views. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Well, except that I lost a few minutes of my time (and yeah, posting is losing me more, heh) but someone else might like them and not mind, I suppose.

Considering those specifics were made five years ago using a VCR, & 2005 laptop technology & WMM, they're just fine/fun. Perhaps if you actually had material, you'd understand the charm such things. It's easy to be critical, after all.

It's true, YT isn't my thing. Then again, most of time, if I do something, I either do it well or not at all. And I certainly don't put my work out there in public for all to see without expecting that not everyone will appreciate it. Just think of this as more character-building, something most YT warriors lack.

Regardless of your ad-hominem attack on my work, you were factually incorrect on all accounts, hence why I corrected you. As far as the topic goes, I made a solid case for my opinion. I'm not here to change the mind of anyone who already has theirs set in stone, just offering another voice.

Color me corrected. Feel free to correct me once more if I'm wrong, but is it even possible to do what I bolded there for ya?

btw, yeah, you seem like a total ****.

Yeah. It's kinda how that one song goes, "everyone plays a fool". Just instead of "fool", there's "****". Although, I could be the best friend you have here, considering this discussion could very well be making even more people curious as to what we're discussing. You don't have to get me a present. A card will be just fine.
---
#39HonorlessPosted 2/7/2013 8:31:58 PM(edited)
You brought up view count, not me. I think you misunderstood the point, if I wanted to promote my videos, I have more than enough avenues to do so, including my own community/Machinima's. Much more than a random topic on GFaq could afford me. They were linked in context to female leads/create-a-character experience in GTA, which 4 already has in the multi, which I humbly demonstrated, I only wish it had more. (Mind you, this was pre-PC release.)

They're done well, especially for their time/reach/technology/in-game mechanics I had as tools. Your opinion of them is no more relevant than all the people who do like them, which are most. There is honestly nothing you could say that would build my character up/down.
I've heard every type of sentiment/comment under the sun having been in the public domain this long.

I, however, found making them quite fun, as did the random people I met in rooms & managed to recruit to help make them. I don't think you especially understand the complexity of the videos, or the behind-the-scenes things it takes to create them. I have the feeling if you did watch them, though, you went in wanting to thoroughly dislike them from the start, or not. Which is fine either way, to each their own.

Anyway, I'll once again state my opinion, emphatically.

I support female leads & the create-a-character experience for GTA games.
I think, if anyone can do it (since so many other companies have), Rockstar could do it, & do it very well. They've more than enough creativity to engage the audience on a more personal level. If I understood correctly, Rockstar couldn't give NIko the same create-a-character experience as CJ (Who, in my specific game wore a gimpsuit most of the time) because they were too busy creating an entirely new engine from scratch.

I'm fairly confident we'll end up seeing a GTA experience that is fully customizable at some point in the future, & hope that GTA5's multiplayer is a right step towards it, which I have the feeling it is.

Cheers TC & other thread viewers/responders.
---
#40deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 8:47:35 PM
Honorless posted...
You brought up view count, not me.

Read again. I brought up the question about boosting views. You eventually provided a view count of your entire account, which I never asked for, and didn't bother to confirm, as it's really neither here nor there considering my simple and straightforward initial question.

Besides, I think you misunderstood the point, if I wanted to promote my videos, I have more than enough avenues to do so, including my own community/Machinima's. Much more than a random topic on GFaq could afford me. They were linked in context to female leads/create-a-character experience in GTA, which 4 already has in the multi, which I humbly demonstrated, I only wish it had more. (Mind you, this was pre-PC release.)

I understood your point just fine. Apparently, you can blame me for wondering.

They're done well, especially for their time/reach/technology. Your opinion of them is no more relevant than all the people who do like them, which are most. I, however, found making them quite fun, as did the random people I met in rooms & managed to recruit to help make them. I don't think you especially understand the complexity of the videos, or the behind-the-scenes things it takes to create them. I have the feeling if you did watch them, though, you went in wanting to thoroughly dislike them from the start. Which is fine, to each their own.

Perhaps I should have mentioned earlier, the tech or w/e isn't what bothered me. The videos seemed to share an apparent lack of effort. I might have gone into detail, but something tells me that you wouldn't take it so well, or will just respond with something like "wat".

I liked how you mentioned that both good and bad opinions aren't "relevant" (I'm sure there's a better word for that) and then go on to make sure everyone knows "most people" share the good opinion. I also enjoy, and I come upon this quite often, when people shrug off critiques they don't like or want to hear saying "you went in wanting to dislike it". Let's agree that's BS, shall we?

I'm glad you had fun making them, though. I can agree that that's the most important part.

Cheers TC & other thread viewers/responders.

Cute. The character building continues...
---